Page 25 of 46 FirstFirst ... 15232425262735 ... LastLast

Thread: Football Manager

Still encoding the higher res stuff... would not recommend watching it at 240p.

But that was in a State Championships game so it doesn't really count
    Brazil is crazy though. The season I won the league, Brazilian cup, both state championships, copa libertadores, copa sudamericana and the world club cup (lost the recopa final) I had 100 games in a year and at one point played games on three consecutive days. 2 of them against the same team

Just checking out how the Socceroos have been going, now in 2019...

Ange still at the helm. Qualified for the WC, was terrible but in a pretty tough group.

1-2 Russia
    0-2 Austria
    1-3 Brazil

Starting line up was...

Ryan
    Alessi - Sainsbury - Wright - Behich
    Kruse - Milligan - Williams - Gligor - Oar
    Leckie

Did marginally better at the 2019 Asian Cup.

1-0 Syria
    3-1 Kuwait
    2-0 Indonesia
    1-0 Oman 2nd Round
    0-2 Japan QF exit

Biraz
    McGowan - Burgess - Sainsbury - Behich
    Milligan - Brillante
    Tanner
    Kruse - Leckie - Oar

Taggart doesn't exist Guessing he was released by Fulham and disappeared.

On the back of a 2nd place + GF win, 3rd place + a SF exit + FFA Cup win, Melb City have poached Vidmar from the Jerks.

He's left 3 days before the SF of the Champions League as well.

Though... wtf. He has appeared to quit 2 days later and they have signed Paul Reid.

wtf.

The A-League is a complete basket case in game.

It's August 2019... in that entire time, these are the signings the clubs have made.

Adelaide - Taggart (loan, 2015), 2 Brazilians (loan, 2016)
    Brisbane - Amini, Matt Smith (free, 2016), Langerak, some regen GK (free, 2019)
    Coasties - Kalmar (free, 2015), Thomas, Dugandzic, Hamill (free, 2016)
    City - LB (loan, 2015), Cornthwaite (20k, 2016), Redmayne, Glover, Antonis, Makarounas, Ryall, Good (free, 2018), ST (loan, 2019)
    Victory - Bresc, Jovanovic (free, 2015), GK + AMR (loan, 2015), Jermaine Defoe (7k, 2018), Chris Marques (free, 2019)
    Jerks - MC (loan, 2016)
    Perth - Carney (2015), Jackson Irvine (loan, 2016)
    Sydney - Hoole, Herd, Wilkshire (free, 2016), Cisak, Rogic, Chapman, Babalj (free, 2017), Oikonomidis, Nicholas Olsen (free, 2018)
    Wanderers - Juric, Ryan Edwards (free + loan, 2016), Connor Pain (free, 2018)
    Nix - Grossman, Celeski (free, 2015), Malik, Jurman, loan (free, 2016)

The Jerks starting line up is Biraz, Neville, Mullen, Papas, Leaky G, Bkanta, Mkanta, Pepper, Alivodic, Travis Cooper + 1 regen. Tom Waller plays a bit but the rest of the youth have been let go and everyone else is a regen.

Jon McKain, 36yo formerly U19 National Team manager, has signed on with the Jets.

Signs Nick Carle and Bobby Naumov as scouts, Toby Horak (Perth Glory fitness coach), David Joyce (GWS physio??) and the clubs first player signing in 4 seasons... the real life 6 years in the making signing of Iqbal Jawadi from South Melbourne. Think he will probably slot straight into the starting line up.

He's just signed some 17yo from Dandenong in the Vic NPL. Can't scout him but apparently he is worth £650k. Also has an English youth cap
    Last edited by Grimario; 21-07-2015 at 12:59 PM.

McKain is amazing. 20 games into his time at the club...

13-2-1 in the league having only conceded 7 goals whilst scoring 41.
    Won the FFA cup without conceding a goal (only played BR in final, no other HAL teams)

Poor BK.

Started a Jerks game and he's barely played a game, even with Biraz out on loan. He's managed two FFA cup games, kept two clean sheets against South Coast United and Blacktown FC. Then he suffered a hip injury, has kept him out till early December. Finally comes back to full fitness and then breaks a finger, another two months out.

And I've re-signed Solari to a full time contract which has magically made him ineligible for the first team because it was AFTER squad rego was due and he was only eligible as a youth player before. Sigh. This game, ffs.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Grimario View Post
    Poor BK.

Started a Jerks game and he's barely played a game, even with Biraz out on loan. He's managed two FFA cup games, kept two clean sheets against South Coast United and Blacktown FC. Then he suffered a hip injury, has kept him out till early December. Finally comes back to full fitness and then breaks a finger, another two months out.

And I've re-signed Solari to a full time contract which has magically made him ineligible for the first team because it was AFTER squad rego was due and he was only eligible as a youth player before. Sigh. This game, ffs.
    Put Griff in goals.

You will be right

Quote Originally Posted by MFKS View Post
    Put Griff in goals.

You will be right
    I have a dirty gypo in goals. To be fair, he has kept a clean sheet in half of the games. Also never conceded more than a single goal in a game.

PS I did bring back the Griff. He has 9 in 12. Mullen is somehow my second highest scorer with 6 in 14. Montano only has 1 in 9 (missed a heap on Int duty). Wee Scott Mac has 1 in 13 but he is playing behind the front pair and leads the league in assists with 6 (Leaky G has 5).
    Last edited by Grimario; 28-08-2015 at 12:09 PM.

November 13th release date for 2016

http://www.footballmanager.com/footb...6-key-features

Manager on the Touchline
    Get closer to the action than ever before with your own customisable character to bark out instructions and join the celebrations from the touchline.

New Game Mode – Fantasy Draft
    Create your dream team and take on your mates in ‘Fantasy Draft’ mode. Starting with a fixed budget, each manager builds a squad from scratch, competing with other managers to sign the best talent before going head-to-head against one another in a mini-league.

New Game Mode – Create-A-Club
    For the first time, Football Manager 2016 allows fans to add their own custom-built club to any league they choose, through the single player ‘Create-a-club’ mode. Create-A-Club allows you to name the club, add yourself and friends to the line-up, edit the squad to your heart’s content and even choose the colours.

Multi Match Highlights
    A highlights package available to easily view other fixtures in your own competition (or others) to keep you up-to-date with everything that’s going on in the world around you.

Prozone Match Analysis
    Sports Interactive’s partnership with the leading sports statistics provider, Prozone, has seen a wide reaching revamp of the in-game match analysis tool, adding lots of useful functionality whilst also making it a lot more prominent and easier to use.

Set-Piece Creator
    Football Manager 2016’s powerful, yet easy-to-use set piece creator allows managers to set up multiple set piece routines to be used across multiple tactics; with different set pieces for each set piece taker, new zonal marking options and much, much more.

Expanded Press Interaction
    Press conferences are more varied than ever before, with many new conversations to be had with the press, especially more contextual questions & responses. In addition, unemployed managers can now use media interviews to help get them back into the game.

Football Manager Touch – Cross-Save
    All versions of Football Manager Touch 2016 are 'cross-save compatible' with one another, so a career started on a tablet can be saved to the cloud and continued on computer (and vice versa).

More Realistic Injuries
    Sports Interactive has worked alongside a number of physiotherapists, doctors and related organisations to ensure that the depiction and treatment of injuries in Football Manager 2016 is more realistic than ever before. This doesn’t mean that fewer injuries will be sustained, but that those which do occur will be treated and develop more realistically. Injuries will now be determined during matches, while new injury types have been added and there is now a tangible distinction between player condition and match sharpness.

And Much, Much More
    Further additions and updates include staff shortlisting, improved manager and staff movement, revised board requests, a revamp of board confidence, more contextual team talks, fully updated competition rules & squad information, an improved financial module, improved AI transfers and team selection, new social media features and many more – all of which combine to make Football Manager 2016 the most complete and immersive simulation of football management ever.

Have any of you folks got around to playing FM16 yet?
    I made the Jets a fair bit worse but Grim will surely still win them the league next season
    If the wins keep coming IRL i'll have to make them worse again

Quote Originally Posted by joel31 View Post
    I made the Jets a fair bit worse but Grim will surely still win them the league next season
    Loving Fm2016 doing a Portsmouth save
    First season got promoted from league 2 came 4th loaned a guy from derby Mason Bennett scored 18 goals in 42 games for me
    Second Season Got promoted to Championship through playoffs Loaned Mason Bennett again he scored 24 goals in 44 games still only 20 years old
    Third season currently coming 11th mid way through season way above expectations signed Luke Brattan decent player. Re loaned Mason Bennett for a third season LOL DERBY still bangs in goals for fun

Haven't got FM, don't have a PC.

Have tried a jets career every FM. Though this years no matter what i did in regards to tactics or management style david carney ,boogard, mullen and leonardo always played like ****ING PISS gave cooper lundy, crowley and Pav game time all were shit except for crowley who managed to get a few goals nothing special though and always shipped goals cause my defence and keepers always played like idiots

Have been playing in holland with a team called Almere FC. Got promoted first season even though I finishrd 7th in the table (crazy rules over there, I won the promotion/relegation playoffs).

Have climbed from relegation contenders into a mid table team. I really like it. Haven't tried a jets game yet which is what I usually do first. I may do it sometime.

I love the Dutch rules. Reckon they'd be perfect for an a league format without finals.

into my third season with FC of United.

promoted in the playoffs in season 2 to national premier league.

club has finally become professional so massive game changer

biggest lol though was the world cup in 2022 moving to Morocco due to Protests HAHAHAHA
    Quote Originally Posted by militiamon View Post
    Body gets Stretch drunk, miracle occurs.

Hail Body!

Quote Originally Posted by StannyCFCJET View Post
    Have tried a jets career every FM. Though this years no matter what i did in regards to tactics or management style david carney ,boogard, mullen and leonardo always played like ****ING PISS gave cooper lundy, crowley and Pav game time all were shit except for crowley who managed to get a few goals nothing special though and always shipped goals cause my defence and keepers always played like idiots
    sounds like real life

sounds like real life
    Yep