Page 26 of 46 FirstFirst ... 16242526272836 ... LastLast

Thread: Football Manager

Anyone tried FM 17 i think its pretty decent. Was doing a Jets save but some bug reguarding Cahil as a normal players intead of guest player makes Melbourne City release their whole squad
    Quote Originally Posted by lquiquer View Post
    Welcome to the circus ... And I can't argue any of your points... In contention for best first post of the year... ��

Quote Originally Posted by parksey View Post
    love at first sight

I'm still sporadically playing FM15 lol.

Just finished season 2023/24 winning Serie B with Livorno, setting a record for goals scored (96)

There's lots of little bugs in Oz that annoyed me... like the whole Newcastle Jets NPL side and affiliation rules.

Quote Originally Posted by Grimario View Post
    There's lots of little bugs in Oz that annoyed me... like the whole Newcastle Jets NPL side and affiliation rules.
    Ive had the same problem i think its the same with all aleague clubs. They simply havent added the move to affiliated club option. Had to sign all our young players
    Welcome to the circus ... And I can't argue any of your points... In contention for best first post of the year... ��

love at first sight

The best Oz bug is that Cahill hasn't got a marquee contract. City have released 90% of their squad and are playing with grey fake players, coming last in the league.

The best Oz bug is that Cahill hasn't got a marquee contract. City have released 90% of their squad and are playing with grey fake players, coming last in the league.
    This problem happens id say 4/5 times you start an aleague save. Hope its fixed in the full game

love at first sight

City finished with the spoon. Perth won the league, Smurfs second, Jerks third. We got knocked out by Brisbane after Vujica gave away a penalty.

Was interesting to see how the squad changed over the season... Brennan was cut before Jets even started, brought in former Arsenal youth product Arturo Lupoli on loan. Also cut Brown and brought in another Italian journeyman striker, Davis Curiale.

Last line up was:

JD
    Hoole - Boogs - Mullen - Vujica
    Cowburn - Ugar - Kanta
    Clut
    Curiale - Pavicevic

Jackson, Kokko and Lupoli were all out with injuries and were definitely starters. Jackson has the most appearances, 22 all in the line up, none from bench. Lupoli and Kokko had 17 goals between them. BK, Poljak and Hoffman all have more starts than their replacements in the line up but started on the bench.

The two loans are going to end soon and it also looks like Nordstrand, Ugarkovic and Kantarovski will not get extensions.

Nordstrand took up a big pay rise in the middle east. Ugar was released but Kanta stays on for another two seasons. Nabbout has been transfer listed.
    Last edited by Grimario; 27-10-2016 at 02:50 PM.

City finished with the spoon. Perth won the league, Smurfs second, Jerks third. We got knocked out by Brisbane after Vujica gave away a penalty.

Was interesting to see how the squad changed over the season... Brennan was cut before Jets even started, brought in former Arsenal youth product Arturo Lupoli on loan. Also cut Brown and brought in another Italian journeyman striker, Davis Curiale.

Last line up was:

JD
    Hoole - Boogs - Mullen - Vujica
    Cowburn - Ugar - Kanta
    Clut
    Curiale - Pavicevic

Jackson, Kokko and Lupoli were all out with injuries and were definitely starters. Jackson has the most appearances, 22 all in the line up, none from bench. Lupoli and Kokko had 17 goals between them. BK, Poljak and Hoffman all have more starts than their replacements in the line up but started on the bench.

The two loans are going to end soon and it also looks like Nordstrand, Ugarkovic and Kantarovski will not get extensions.

Nordstrand took up a big pay rise in the middle east. Ugar was released but Kanta stays on for another two seasons. Nabbout has been transfer listed.
    you resigned Kanta released Ugar and cut Brown wtf hahaha i find that Nabbout is either amazing or useless and nordstrand never does anything for me (Did you play him as a trequista how ever you spell it?)

love at first sight

No... I played as Bishop's Stortford in Vanarama South. Finished third, beat Maidstone then Dartford to clinch promotion.

That was all Jones doing.

No... I played as Bishop's Stortford in Vanarama South. Finished third, beat Maidstone then Dartford to clinch promotion.

That was all Jones doing.
    oh haha ****ing mr Jones haha

love at first sight

In the offseason, Jets have signed attacking mid Jacob Mellis (not Jacob Melling) and some Welsh player who was playing for Moreland City - http://www.scoresway.com/?sport=socc...ayer&id=120108

They also appear to have secured Victorien Angban on loan from Chelsea for the season, pending work permit.

Adelaide released Hall, Elsey and Ochieng.
    Brisbane released Pepper, Maclaren turned down contract and moved to Eredivisie and some South Korean side stumped up £1m for DeVere.
    Scum released Appiah, Fletcher and some guy called Rae retired. They picked up some NPL trash and someone on loan from Sheffield Wednesday.
    City are royally ****ed over by Timmy not being marquee in first season as they haven't even got a full squad. 6 Australian players, 5 visa. Teehee.
    Victory released Bray (GK) and signed a striker from Lazio on loan.
    Perth released Oxborrow, Reddy and Marinkovic and sold Shane Lowry for £1m to FC Seoul.
    Smurfs released Simon, O'Neill, Blackwood and Holosko and replaced with some NPL players and Scott McDonald.
    Nix have released a bunch of people I have never heard of and sent others on loan. Signed former Jets superstar Chris Triantis.
    Wanderers released some bloke and signed another striker on loan from Europe.

So many loan strikers from Europe.

Tried the Jets atleast 10 times in FM17 always get sacked Nobby and Kokko never score goals and our squad is really weak in game

love at first sight

You're shit.

I won the league with Newcastle on the back of Bresciano signing in the January window.

Bresciano always wants the DOF role and I have signed him once or twice never works

love at first sight

Quote Originally Posted by Will111 View Post
    http://www.powerplaymanager.com/r1533770
    Here you can make own team in football, hockey, handball and basketball.
    How dumb do you think we are??

love at first sight

Don't know how but I am about to play Lake Macquarie City FC in the FFA Cup Final. Being played in Coffs Harbour International Stadium.

How I managed to get into the final as the Jets is beyond me.
    Last edited by Grimario; 21-03-2017 at 12:09 PM.

Don't know how but I am about to play Lake Macquarie City FC in the FFA Cup Final. Being played in Coffs Harbour International Stadium.

How I managed to get into the final as the Jets is beyond me.
    Hahaha. How do you deal with not being given money to spend and having a shit wage budget each year?

love at first sight

Quote Originally Posted by StannyCFCJET View Post
    Hahaha. How do you deal with not being given money to spend and having a shit wage budget each year?
    I win stuff.

I don't give in to stupid wage demands. The salary floor isn't implemented in FM so I am currently only spending 65% of the total cap.

I am also pretty ruthless with squad culling. Alwright, Leilei, Fyfe and Vujica all got the axe.

And despite having a wage restriction, I still managed to get a Brazilian AML as marquee and picked up Vidosic on a free. I also found a youth regen winger, unattached, who was rated 5 star potential, so snapped him up. He's had 4 senior appearances, 3 of those from the bench, with an assist in the FFA cup final just now. Plan was eventually to have him start and Hoole at DR, though Hoff isn't horrendous and regen isn't up to starting yet. Not having a DL is the worst... Jackson starts there (currently injured) and Cowburn is back up but am very much looking forward to getting a proper DL next season.

I win stuff.

I don't give in to stupid wage demands. The salary floor isn't implemented in FM so I am currently only spending 65% of the total cap.

I am also pretty ruthless with squad culling. Alwright, Leilei, Fyfe and Vujica all got the axe.

And despite having a wage restriction, I still managed to get a Brazilian AML as marquee and picked up Vidosic on a free. I also found a youth regen winger, unattached, who was rated 5 star potential, so snapped him up. He's had 4 senior appearances, 3 of those from the bench, with an assist in the FFA cup final just now. Plan was eventually to have him start and Hoole at DR, though Hoff isn't horrendous and regen isn't up to starting yet. Not having a DL is the worst... Jackson starts there (currently injured) and Cowburn is back up but am very much looking forward to getting a proper DL next season.
    I had Brockie as a DP season 2-3-4 was average but Kokko scored 14 goals two seasons in a row in seasons 2-3 (then got homesick and left) as for the players you got rid off all of them had to be released cause no-one would buy them and they were counting against the salary cap. It also seemed like to me every other a-league club even the gypos could spend up to 1mil each off season and I was lucky to get 200K to spend. Then i get sacked early season 4 for 4 losses in a row. But my Main problem was Season 1-2-3, Three games to go were in the 6 with a points buffer and the last 3 games of each season get I got randomly flogged each game and crashed out of the 6 each time

love at first sight

I haven't won anything yet, apart from FFA Cup. Don't really know what is going to happen in the off season.

If it turns out like the last few saves and clubs release their entire squads because they brought a player in from Europe on a 25k per week loan agreement, I won't bother anymore.

Labi is actually my top scorer with 9 in 7 appearances. He's only in the squad because my Brazilian LW broke a toe and I am considering seeing how the LW goes at LB when he returns. I play with CWB so having an attacking player there might work better than a right footed Cowburn or lumbering Jackson.

PS Brockie DP? Jeebus.