Page 27 of 46 FirstFirst ... 17252627282937 ... LastLast

Thread: Football Manager

Quote Originally Posted by Grimario View Post
    I haven't won anything yet, apart from FFA Cup. Don't really know what is going to happen in the off season.

If it turns out like the last few saves and clubs release their entire squads because they brought a player in from Europe on a 25k per week loan agreement, I won't bother anymore.

Labi is actually my top scorer with 9 in 7 appearances. He's only in the squad because my Brazilian LW broke a toe and I am considering seeing how the LW goes at LB when he returns. I play with CWB so having an attacking player there might work better than a right footed Cowburn or lumbering Jackson.

PS Brockie DP? Jeebus.
    So your on season 1? and Brockie wanted 8k and I was dumb enough to give him that and assuming he'd be as good as he was for us IRL
    Quote Originally Posted by lquiquer View Post
    Welcome to the circus ... And I can't argue any of your points... In contention for best first post of the year... ��

Quote Originally Posted by parksey View Post
    love at first sight

Quote Originally Posted by StannyCFCJET View Post
    So your on season 1? and Brockie wanted 8k and I was dumb enough to give him that and assuming he'd be as good as he was for us IRL
    Yep. Apart from FFA Cup success, I am doing quite terrible. Only one loss but six draws out of 9 Currently in 7th.

Very Jets like. BK and Nobby have demanded transfers, so hopefully get them out in the Jan window and get two players in... a left back and someone better than Kanta/Poljak in midfield.

Did just get third win of the season against Perf, 3-6-1 has me in 4th.
    Last edited by Grimario; 21-03-2017 at 02:35 PM.

Yep. Apart from FFA Cup success, I am doing quite terrible. Only one loss but six draws out of 9 Currently in 7th.

Very Jets like. BK and Nobby have demanded transfers, so hopefully get them out in the Jan window and get two players in... a left back and someone better than Kanta/Poljak in midfield.
    Bk always asks to leave. Nobby asking to leave? wow is he homesick or upet over lack of games? Also are you conceding loads of goals from crosses where defenders don't track runs?
    Welcome to the circus ... And I can't argue any of your points... In contention for best first post of the year... ��

love at first sight

Bk always asks to leave. Nobby asking to leave? wow is he homesick or upet over lack of games? Also are you conceding loads of goals from crosses where defenders don't track runs?
    Nobby has played 7 games, all off the bench. Has no place in a single striker formation with Vidosic playing at AMC.

And not really... I've only conceded 10 goals. 5 of those from through balls, 4 from crosses and 1 from a mistake. Haven't conceded a single header.

My goal scoring source is nicely spread... 2 corner, 1 FK, 3 passes, 3 crosses, 3 through balls and mix of type as well with 7 placed shots, 3 power shots, 3 headers and 2 pens.

Hoole at RB how does that work? In past saves he's done nothing for me on the right flank then whinges he isnt getting gametime

love at first sight

Hoole at RB how does that work? In past saves he's done nothing for me on the right flank then whinges he isnt getting gametime
    Haven't tried it yet... he's only played there sporadically when Jackson and Hoffman were injured. He is only averaging 6.90 at AMR... his season high is 7.4 and that was at DR. Maybe I need to move him and with Brazilian AML back, I can move Labi onto the right.

Arcaba
    Hoole - Boog - Mullen - Jackson
    Poljak - Clut
    Labi - Vidosic - Braz
    Kokko

Hmm.

Haven't tried it yet... he's only played there sporadically when Jackson and Hoffman were injured. He is only averaging 6.90 at AMR... his season high is 7.4 and that was at DR. Maybe I need to move him and with Brazilian AML back, I can move Labi onto the right.

Arcaba
    Hoole - Boog - Mullen - Jackson
    Poljak - Clut
    Labi - Vidosic - Braz
    Kokko

Hmm.
    Clut at CM? I found i concede heaps without a DM. Cowburn does well for me at LB have also found Haliti decent at RW, he is garbage as a solo striker. Where's Stevie U? and How did you sign Vidosic? was he a free at the start or is this January? (tried to sign dario once asked for stupid wages)

love at first sight

Clut at CM? I found i concede heaps without a DM. Cowburn does well for me at LB have also found Haliti decent at RW, he is garbage as a solo striker. Where's Stevie U? and How did you sign Vidosic? was he a free at the start or is this January? (tried to sign dario once asked for stupid wages)
    If I choose my best eleven, they actually fit into my preferred formation, just shuffled about a bit.

Arcaba
    Hoole - Boog - Jackson - Cowburn
    Pojak - Ug
    Vidosic - Clut - Haliti
    Kokko

Unfortunately, 9 weeks out with injuries has meant by Brazilian AML has gone to shit and is now my worst rated senior squad player (not including people who I'm binning).

If I choose my best eleven, they actually fit into my preferred formation, just shuffled about a bit.

Arcaba
    Hoole - Boog - Jackson - Cowburn
    Pojak - Ug
    Vidosic - Clut - Haliti
    Kokko

Unfortunately, 9 weeks out with injuries has meant by Brazilian AML has gone to shit and is now my worst rated senior squad player (not including people who I'm binning).
    Was he over 30yrs of age by any chance? I started a save on Monday night, cause I wanted all the updated teams and yoofs ETC.

Vidosic is my guest player and signed Thwaite on a free who is a boss. Somehow as well with Vidosic as a guest I'm only paying him at total of 2$ each for goals and appearance fees not sure if a bug or not. Ma lei lei and Fyfe keep getting injured so struggling to move them on and decided to keep BK as third choice as he hasn't asked to leave and no one will buy him. Alessi at RB doesnt seem to work though so will need a back up RB, Going to keep hoole at RW nabbout at LW with allwright and haliti backup. Also training Brown as a DLP cause I prefer two DMs for extra defense stability. Keeping Kanta as well so I can sell him at a higher price. (some korean club want him and cowburn)

love at first sight

My AML? Yep, he's 36 now.

My AML? Yep, he's 36 now.
    I tend to not sign good players that age anymore cause 1 injury and their ****ed, they also tend to want stupid wages sometimes

love at first sight

I tend to not sign good players that age anymore cause 1 injury and their ****ed, they also tend to want stupid wages sometimes
    I got a DoF recommendation for him as DP and he accepted £950 a week. He basically has 11-13 for every attribute but a bunch of his physical ones plummeted after 2 and a bit months out. His strength is now 6

I got a DoF recommendation for him as DP and he accepted £950 a week. He basically has 11-13 for every attribute but a bunch of his physical ones plummeted after 2 and a bit months out. His strength is now 6
    yeah Physical attributes decline hells quick. In a past save Kokko last his pace and agility rapid but luckily his 17 finishing remained so all I had to do was get balls into the box.

love at first sight

Kokko out for 3 months with a hip injury. Looks like Nobby is going to get some game time.

Kokko out for 3 months with a hip injury. Looks like Nobby is going to get some game time.
    Damm unlucky. What role you going to use Nobby as? I tend to use him as a poacher. The trequartista role is garbage

love at first sight

Damm unlucky. What role you going to use Nobby as? I tend to use him as a poacher. The trequartista role is garbage
    I might play Vidosic up front, actually. Hoole to wing, Hoff to right back.

Worked a charm. Goal and two assists away to Perth.
    Last edited by Grimario; 22-03-2017 at 01:29 PM.

I might play Vidosic up front, actually. Hoole to wing, Hoff to right back.

Worked a charm. Goal and two assists away to Perth.
    Nice maybe ill try Vido upfront if I get injuries

love at first sight

It only worked for one game. Couple of injuries and suspensions meant he had to move back to midfield with Nobby up front and I have gone 0-1, 0-0, 0-1 since. Nobby is now out for season with a shoulder injury so Vidosic starts and I am probably ending up with Sawyer on the bench.

Arnie signed Gavin de Niese and Reinaldo, releasing Blackwood and O'Neill... wish I had seen that before end of Jan window, would have picked O'Neill up as he is far better than all my other CM's and paired with Poljak, I would be happy with that as a longer term set up with Ugar backing them up.

It only worked for one game. Couple of injuries and suspensions meant he had to move back to midfield with Nobby up front and I have gone 0-1, 0-0, 0-1 since. Nobby is now out for season with a shoulder injury so Vidosic starts and I am probably ending up with Sawyer on the bench.

Arnie signed Gavin de Niese and Reinaldo, releasing Blackwood and O'Neill... wish I had seen that before end of Jan window, would have picked O'Neill up as he is far better than all my other CM's and paired with Poljak, I would be happy with that as a longer term set up with Ugar backing them up.
    Gavin de Niese always goes to an aleague club. Is O'Neill even good ingame?

love at first sight

Gavin de Niese always goes to an aleague club. Is O'Neill even good ingame?
    de Niese would have ended up at an A-League club at the start of this season IRL if he didn't suffer a knee injury in a trial match with City.

O'Neill is a solid 4 star player based on scouting and attributes wise, more complete than Uga, Brown or Kanta.