Page 28 of 46 FirstFirst ... 18262728293038 ... LastLast

Thread: Football Manager

If he is still a free go for him. What do you use brown as?
    Quote Originally Posted by lquiquer View Post
    Welcome to the circus ... And I can't argue any of your points... In contention for best first post of the year... ��

Quote Originally Posted by parksey View Post
    love at first sight

He's free but can't register him till next window.

Brown is bench midfielder. He's maybe 4th option.

Quote Originally Posted by Grimario View Post
    He's free but can't register him till next window.

Brown is bench midfielder. He's maybe 4th option.
    Ahhh k, Ive found brown is generally useless even though he has decent stats
    Welcome to the circus ... And I can't argue any of your points... In contention for best first post of the year... ��

love at first sight

Quote Originally Posted by StannyCFCJET View Post
    Ahhh k, Ive found brown is generally useless even though he has decent stats
    Yeah, he's not great. He's not attacking enough to be in front of Clut, not defensive enough to be in front of Uga/Kanta and far far behind Poljak. Guess that makes him 5th choice.

O'Neill signed... and because I had squad spots free, was able to register him straight away.

Now to find a free striker.

Go for Brockie haha

love at first sight

Didn't/couldn't sign anyone on account of being millions in debt.

2016: 3-7-2
    2017: 6-7-2

Finished the season conceding just 26 but only scoring a mid-table 38. Beat scum 2-1 in ET in first week of finals with Hoole and Kanta scoring, had a great game against Sydney with Poljak getting a double inside 35, Boogard scoring a third just after the break and then holding on to the win late in the game after Bobo scored. And then an entirely unexpected crushing of MV, 4-0 with Clut brace, Brazzer AML and Kokko on the score sheet.

BK and Nobby are off in the window. Hopefully a few more too. Wish I hadn't re-signed Braz AML, he's still serviceable but not amazing. Need an upgrade on Arcaba, Hoffman is surplus now Cowburn has developed more and Nabbout and Brown are junk squadies.

Didn't/couldn't sign anyone on account of being millions in debt.

2016: 3-7-2
    2017: 6-7-2

Finished the season conceding just 26 but only scoring a mid-table 38. Beat scum 2-1 in ET in first week of finals with Hoole and Kanta scoring, had a great game against Sydney with Poljak getting a double inside 35, Boogard scoring a third just after the break and then holding on to the win late in the game after Bobo scored. And then an entirely unexpected crushing of MV, 4-0 with Clut brace, Brazzer AML and Kokko on the score sheet.

BK and Nobby are off in the window. Hopefully a few more too. Wish I hadn't re-signed Braz AML, he's still serviceable but not amazing. Need an upgrade on Arcaba, Hoffman is surplus now Cowburn has developed more and Nabbout and Brown are junk squadies.
    3-7-2 6-7-2 is that your WDL record? also The debt thing is ****ed Mr Lee has no money in the game. After beating Victory 4-0 were you in the final? or was that the final? which in the case FMD you won the league with that squad?

love at first sight

3-7-2 6-7-2 is that your WDL record? also The debt thing is ****ed Mr Lee has no money in the game. After beating Victory 4-0 were you in the final? or was that the final? which in the case FMD you won the league with that squad?
    Yup, WDL. Could have been better, I finished the season DDDDW, including a 1-1 draw with WSW where I had 65% possession and 24 shots (10 on target)

4-0 was the GF win over MV.

Accidentally started BK

BK
    Hoole - Boogs - Kanta - Jackson
    Poljak
    O'Neill - Clut
    Vidosic ----------------- Eder
    Kokko

Instead of AM, played DM and just strangled the middle. Didn't have anywhere near as much possession but their passing was subsequently woeful with Jerks getting 90 interceptions. Between them, Clut and O'Neill had over 180 pass attempts with 84% completion.

Yup, WDL. Could have been better, I finished the season DDDDW, including a 1-1 draw with WSW where I had 65% possession and 24 shots (10 on target)

4-0 was the GF win over MV.

Accidentally started BK

BK
    Hoole - Boogs - Kanta - Jackson
    Poljak
    O'Neill - Clut
    Vidosic ----------------- Eder
    Kokko

Instead of AM, played DM and just strangled the middle. Didn't have anywhere near as much possession but their passing was subsequently woeful with Jerks getting 90 interceptions. Between them, Clut and O'Neill had over 180 pass attempts with 84% completion.
    HOW does that backline win anything wtf

love at first sight

Because they are far better in game than real life.

Also, they're far better than real life because there is no Mullen.

Because they are far better in game than real life.

Also, they're far better than real life because there is no Mullen.
    I can confirm they havnt been when Ive used them also kanta at CB interesting

love at first sight

I can confirm they havnt been when Ive used them also kanta at CB interesting
    Only because of mid-season sale to Mullen and playing DMC... usually Kanta would be on bench or at DMC but addition of O'Neill meant switching around with Poljak dropping to DMC.

Also needed to accommodate Vidosic and Hoole into the side so they both at the back, Jackson as the only left footer at DL.

Only because of mid-season sale to Mullen and playing DMC... usually Kanta would be on bench or at DMC but addition of O'Neill meant switching around with Poljak dropping to DMC.

Also needed to accommodate Vidosic and Hoole into the side so they both at the back, Jackson as the only left footer at DL.
    so Mullen was pants and who actually bought him? I always get aleague clubs offering 0 for mullen

love at first sight

so Mullen was pants and who actually bought him? I always get aleague clubs offering 0 for mullen
    Zero was perfect, left to Nix for nix.

PS Braz AML announced retirement... woo.

No idea how but both MK Dons and Swindon have just offered me £140k for Wayne Brown. 5 starts, 5 as sub, 6.72. Goneskis.

No idea how but both MK Dons and Swindon have just offered me £140k for Wayne Brown. 5 starts, 5 as sub, 6.72. Goneskis.
    Winning.

love at first sight

Adelaide want the Hoff and both Nix and WSW want Kanta. Winning!

Retre signed as back up, covers RB, DM, MC, AMC and AMR.

Hoff, Kanta, Nabbout, Jonny K, Duncan all gone.

Retre and Bray in.

Have 6 empty squad spots with Kokko as my only foreigner. Two DP's, an Asian player for ACL and 3 others on the list with AML and DL key spots to upgrade.

Arcaba is marginally better than Bray but Bray has more upside. Glover and Kurisak both went on loan before Aus window opened, so missed them
    Last edited by Grimario; 29-03-2017 at 01:14 PM.