Page 3 of 46 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast

Thread: Football Manager

Quote Originally Posted by MFKS View Post
    Take your time with it. When I do play it I usually just spend my time devoting a whole day to setting up the season. Tactics training signings etc. Once done I just put it in the back ground when I am on the PC and let it run on Autopilot. Check in every month or two and tweak whatever is necessary and let her run again.

If you ****ed around with the settings for every game it would take nearly 1 months playing every day to get through a season!!!
    WHere can I find this allusive feature? Took on the Jets for first season. Struggled in Pre-season lost to Sydney Olympic and a few other non-A-league teams. 11K Budget (thanks guys). WOn first round match against Adelaide 3-1. Kanta MOM with match rating of 9.2 :|. I can see how it is addictive.

Quote Originally Posted by Bremsstrahlung View Post
    WHere can I find this allusive feature? Took on the Jets for first season. Struggled in Pre-season lost to Sydney Olympic and a few other non-A-league teams. 11K Budget (thanks guys). WOn first round match against Adelaide 3-1. Kanta MOM with match rating of 9.2 :|. I can see how it is addictive.
    One of the drop down menus has Go On Holiday as an option.

Ergh, am supposed to be studying.. but alas football manager is rearing its head...

Club Side still with Gladbach since joining in 2014-15 season at christmas.. won the following season, Euro Cup, Bundesliga and the cup, Won the cup in 2016-17. now in season 17-18

Club Is Sitting in the league 7th, Munich with just redonkulous money sitting at the top. Then 2-8th are all within about 5 points of each other. 10 rounds roughly to go.

In the semi final of the pokal

and 2nd knockout phase of euro cup.

Recently took over managing Australia, Asian Nation Cup etc qualified undefeated. 18 goals for 2 against.
    Amigos Aarau

Quote Originally Posted by Grimario View Post
    One of the drop down menus has Go On Holiday as an option.
    Thanks! I had seen that. Was wondering what it was. Didn't think the board would approve of my holiday, mid season. Thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by WolfMan View Post
    Potentially a new player to this game could find the FM Classic mode in FM13 less overwhelming. From what I understand, it's a stripped back version of the game, basically setting up your team to play the matches but not having to get into the deep stuff of finances etc.
    I am assuming the handheld version is similar to this. I will probably buy it this week while it is on sale

will you be able to use your demo save when the game is released?

and to all new players http://www.fmscout.com/ this site will be your new best friend

Quote Originally Posted by tommy_v View Post
    will you be able to use your demo save when the game is released?
    Yes

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Bremsstrahlung View Post
    Thanks! I had seen that. Was wondering what it was. Didn't think the board would approve of my holiday, mid season. Thanks!
    All the Holiday mode does is allow the game to play out with out the constant stops and interruptions. Set it for a two weeks a month and when you come back the games have been run and won(lost) and you can tweak away. Only problem with this is that if something goes pear shaped you miss out on the chance to rectify it when it happens and may pay the price for it later.

2013 is out TODAY, ladies and gents.

Hope they fix preferred club data, do not want to see Lord Griffo sign for the scum again.

Should if you get a chance check out:

Truefootballmanager.com

and

Fmcrowd.com

The guy behind those sites is recognised by the guys who do the FM games and gets his games for free.

Griff signs!

Preferred personnel still rubbish. Whoever the researchers are are a joke. They have BRIDGES as a club legend, KANTAROVSKI as a club icon. Griff is nowhere

But he has SIGNED. £10k transfer fee, £12.5k per week as Aus Marquee. GRIFF COMES HOME, YEWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWW

Banned
    Got him for a bargain.

Bet you HSG have to cough up more for his real life homecoming??

Especially with him being an ambassador and all that jazz.

griff needs to come back. Scored goal of the season again, fell a goal short of Jets top scorer though. Ryu 11, Esky 10, Lord Griff 10.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Grimario View Post
    griff needs to come back. Scored goal of the season again, fell a goal short of Jets top scorer though. Ryu 11, Esky 10, Lord Griff 10.

Its almost just like that one he scored at Stade de Newy all those years ago when Nicky Carle ran interference for him and Griffo ran the length of the field and toe poked it with the outside of the foot into the top corner

Happy Days

Game is brilliant.

Lord Griff has told me he wants to become a scout once his playing days are done... and says "I can sign up now if you want?". Now Australian Marquee and Newcastle Jets Chief Scout.

Not sure how that works, but well in Lord Griff.

when did you get it him? in my save they are asking 70K and budget was only 50K

got bored with doing the same thing every year so this year now decided id take charge at Bradford Park Avenue in Blue Square North. see how we go

15th September

Quote Originally Posted by MFKS View Post
    Its almost just like that one he scored at Stade de Newy all those years ago when Nicky Carle ran interference for him and Griffo ran the length of the field and toe poked it with the outside of the foot into the top corner

Happy Days

No no no no no. Nick Carle scored that one. Refuse to acknowledge what you say.

Would have been good if he scored a second like that in the gf though!

Heskey is now Player/Head of Youth Development, no longer marquee.
    Lord Griff was happy to take a monster paycut, down from £16.5k to £1.9k, no longer marquee.

Now on the hunt for two marquees...