Page 33 of 46 FirstFirst ... 23313233343543 ... LastLast

Thread: Football Manager

Quote Originally Posted by Jeterpool View Post
    I actually read this.

And why Everton, Stanny?
    Iv'e done one with them back on FM 15 was really fun, Plus they have a decent squad/good youth players are arnt a prem Giant and I dont hate them
    Quote Originally Posted by lquiquer View Post
    Welcome to the circus ... And I can't argue any of your points... In contention for best first post of the year... ��

Quote Originally Posted by parksey View Post
    love at first sight

Quote Originally Posted by Grimario View Post
    Will wait till end of season, I think. Contract is up come end of May and the club refused a £100 a week raise after I won CWC, so haven't extended and they are bricking it.

Hu Lei just left, again for Feyenoord, for £2.2m. Have realised I have become their feeder team... Jackson, Pedro Delgado (former Inter youth I got on a free) and now Chinese regen all gone there. Jackson obviously already on the books and the other two I got on a free so that's a very tidy £5m or so from their sales.

I suspect it will be much more difficult in England. Can't offer Asian Champions League when starting fresh in the Conference South.

Clut is off as well. In first season he was a regular, 28 games and 4 goals with 7.09 rating. Antonis arrived and he was only ever a bench player, 6 starts and 11 subs but still chipped in with 4 goals and a 7.02 rating. He spent the entirety of the last year on loan in K-League though, 30 starts for Jeonnam and looks to be headed back there with FC Seoul coming in with an end of contract offer for him. I've put him up for a zero free sale so hopefully someone comes and gets him so I can save on 6 months of wages.
    Everytime I try a Jets Career Mode Clut is rubbish
    Welcome to the circus ... And I can't argue any of your points... In contention for best first post of the year... ��

love at first sight

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by StannyCFCJET View Post
    Everytime I try a Jets Career Mode Clut is rubbish
    No different than reality

Will wait till end of season, I think. Contract is up come end of May and the club refused a £100 a week raise after I won CWC, so haven't extended and they are bricking it.

Hu Lei just left, again for Feyenoord, for £2.2m. Have realised I have become their feeder team... Jackson, Pedro Delgado (former Inter youth I got on a free) and now Chinese regen all gone there. Jackson obviously already on the books and the other two I got on a free so that's a very tidy £5m or so from their sales.

I suspect it will be much more difficult in England. Can't offer Asian Champions League when starting fresh in the Conference South.

Clut is off as well. In first season he was a regular, 28 games and 4 goals with 7.09 rating. Antonis arrived and he was only ever a bench player, 6 starts and 11 subs but still chipped in with 4 goals and a 7.02 rating. He spent the entirety of the last year on loan in K-League though, 30 starts for Jeonnam and looks to be headed back there with FC Seoul coming in with an end of contract offer for him. I've put him up for a zero free sale so hopefully someone comes and gets him so I can save on 6 months of wages.
    None of this has happened. Laptop did a mandatory reboot yesterday afternoon after some IT patch was pushed through and my last save is after I beat Raja Casablanca in CWC final. Back to December

So, a week out from transfer window closing...

Gonzalez went to Jeju again for the same fee.
    Hu Lei left again. Went to Feyenoord for same amount but more clauses, £2.8 potential dependent on 50 appearances.
    Jackson didn't attract any interest.
    Jordan Holmes was picked up by Leeds for £1.2m. I got Glover in on loan to replace him and brought in one of the young foreign GK's that my scouts have said I should sign. Peruvian 18yo... not that good but 4.5 star potential.
    Clut went to Ulsan instead of Jeonnam or FC Seoul this time around.

No injuries but still had Iran/Iraq players away and just lost to Adelaide. Proper FM result, 2-1 loss with 22 shots to 4 AND a missed penalty.

Speaking of FM results, I used to play some manager mode on Fifa, can't remember which edition maybe 09. I tried a few times simming the games to progress quicker but my team always lost without me actually playing the games (I didn't mind playing them so win/win). I tried it again around a season later when I had an improved team - despite my team going out being clearly superior to opposition in most regards they still lost most of the time so I gave it up and just kept playing out matches. Anyone have similar experiences?

Quote Originally Posted by Macca View Post
    Speaking of FM results, I used to play some manager mode on Fifa, can't remember which edition maybe 09. I tried a few times simming the games to progress quicker but my team always lost without me actually playing the games (I didn't mind playing them so win/win). I tried it again around a season later when I had an improved team - despite my team going out being clearly superior to opposition in most regards they still lost most of the time so I gave it up and just kept playing out matches. Anyone have similar experiences?
    I remember that. If you were miles ahead in the league, you seemed more likely to lose. I didn't find this to be an issue in FIFA 16 (I didn't get FIFA 17)
    Great. He's gone from Liaoning Whowin to Newcastle Wholose.
    The Championship Chronicles - The Jetstream's review of the 2007/08 season. www.newcastlefootball.net/chronicles

I remember that. If you were miles ahead in the league, you seemed more likely to lose. I didn't find this to be an issue in FIFA 16 (I didn't get FIFA 17)
    Fifa 17 is garbage good decision. Pes is better nowa days

love at first sight

I just this year start playing FIFA until this year I only play PES

Quote Originally Posted by StannyCFCJET View Post
    Fifa 17 is garbage good decision. Pes is better nowa days
    What's the multiplayer like in PES? I used to only get FIFA for Online Pro Clubs but don't play that much anymore. Now it's just me and my brother drinking and having a few co-op games in offline Pro mode.

Wrapped the league up with 6 games to spare and just before the ACL games start, so can rest a few players now without issue.

I have Guangzhou and Jeonbuk in ACL with a made up Nihon League club taking the other spot.

What's the multiplayer like in PES? I used to only get FIFA for Online Pro Clubs but don't play that much anymore. Now it's just me and my brother drinking and having a few co-op games in offline Pro mode.

Wrapped the league up with 6 games to spare and just before the ACL games start, so can rest a few players now without issue.

I have Guangzhou and Jeonbuk in ACL with a made up Nihon League club taking the other spot.
    Pes online is rubbish and sadly they havent improved it. Im talking from purely a gameplay angle. Like if you play Stoke the play long ball where as Barce/Arsenal try to play possesion wtc

love at first sight

April 2020, about to embark on my final finals campaign with Jerks. A-league squads and manager changes are all pretty interesting...

Adelaide - John Anastasiadis

G - Lawrence Thomas
    D - Elrich, Regen, Zac Anderson, Brad Norton
    M - McGowan, Mells, Isaias/Blake Roccuito (both injured, both played lots)
    F - Dimi Petratos, Shahin Saghebi (Iranian), Kerem Bulut

Finished 8th.

Brisbane - John Aloisi

G - Tiago (Brazilian, formerly at GRE)
    D - Brian Lenihan (Irish), Brown, DeVere, Bowles
    M - Kainz (Austrian), Caletti, Murayama (Japanese)
    F - Maclaren, Oar, Epifano

Finished 5th

Coasties - No manager (Okon just left for MV)

G - Redmayne
    D - Prce (Bosnian, former Brescia), Yuri Branco (Brazilian, former SPT), Roux, Kenneth Dougall/Scott Galloway
    M - Rose, Monty, Caceres, Kecojevic (currently NPL)
    S - Radovan Pavicevic, Regen

Finished 4th

Melb City - Joe Montemurro

G - Bouzanis
    D - Pierias (City NYL player), Sean Kavanagh (Irish), Malik, Tongyik
    M - Lee Evans (Welsh), Brandan, Fitzgerald, Jawadi, Makarounes
    F - Braedyn Crowley (21 in 27)

Finished 2nd

Melb Victory

G - Biraz
    D - Ansell, Nigro, Geria, Deng
    M - Aniello Solano (Italian), Herd, Bozanic
    F - Theoharous (NYL player), Rojas, Ibini (Troisi barely played, Nouha Dicko on loan for last half of season)

Finished dead last, sacked Muscat and poached Okon from finals bound Coasties

Jerks - Me for 5 and a half weeks more

GK - Glover. Was Jordan Holmes who went to Leeds. Brought Glover in on loan, picked up a 4.5 star GK prospect from Peru. If I was still in charge next season, Glover wouldn't be re-loaned. I have Peruvian guy looking half decent and have an Australian U18 rep in the NYL squad, so he might make the step up too.
    DR - Iranian regen. He will definitely leave, way too good for A-League. Have Australian U18 rep and Cowburn in squad, so covered
    DL - Iraqi regen. He will definitely leave, way too good for A-League. Have Australian U18 rep and Cowburn in squad, so covered
    DC - Jackson, Chapman starting. Good wasn't very good and hasn't played much at all. Have a few U18 reps in NYL squad so Good might leave and Cowburn can play there as well so he has lived on the bench covering the entire backline
    MC - Brazilian and Iranian regens. Both far too good for Jets and both will leave when I am gone. Petermann excellent bench cover, probably too good for that. Have an Australian Croatian regen in youth team but he's only 16 and unsure how good he will be.
    AMC - Rogic. Was without a club for nearly 3 months and settled on the Jets. Yay for us. Been an absolute gun, 15 goals and 12 assists in all competitions. Have one good and two decent looking regens in NYL but very light here - have had to use Ikon in middle when Rogic unavailable.
    AMR - Ikon, amazing. 14 goals, 20 assists. Almost certainly going to leave as well. Have a youth rep AMR in NYL, so happy with depth there.
    AML - Armenakas, good but not amazing compared to above two. 13 goals, 11 assists. Have Piscopo on loan as well but he hasn't been amazing. No youth regens, so lacking amazing depth.
    ST - Regen. 34 goals in 38 appearances. Stupid numbers. Wanted by sc Herenveen so will almost 100% leave when I am gone. His back up has 10 goals from the bench as well at 17yo, so happy with that spot. Also have a few decent prospects in the youth, one of them 19 that is chomping for first team action so I think Jets are covered for a season or 5.

Finished first with a 24/2/1 record, breaking points, goals and wins records.

Perth - Kenny Lowe

G - Cisak
    D - Aryn Williams, Behich, Lowery, Jurman
    M - Harry Cornick (English), Brandon Wilson, Tim Chow (English), Da Silva, Connor Pain (lots of rotation or injuries)
    F - Keogh, Taggart, Reiners

Finished 3rd

Smurfs - Chris Taylor (Arnie sacked in 2018)

G - Vukovic
    D - Grant, Callum Elder, Wilkinson, Luka Bogdan (Croatian)
    M - Beard, Ryan Williams, De Neise, Tarique Fosu (English), Regen
    F - Regen

Finished 6th

Nux - Gary Phillips (Des Buckingham sacked first season, took Chris Taylor from South Melbourne, Sydney poached him)

G - Italiano
    D - Georgievski, Mullen, Luke Adams (S Melb), Rossi
    M - Roly, Anthony Molina (Peru), Kosta, Mitch Austin, Germano
    F - Regen on loan from Sheff Wed

Finished 9th

WSW - Hayden Foxe (Popa got fired - now works as Jets coach)

G - Tyson
    D - Aspro, Luca Iotti (Italian), Regen (on loan from Jets NPL, wtf), Clisby. Neville probably started as DR but looks to have been injured
    M - Luke O'Nein (English), Mattia Zaccagni (Italian), Joshua Laws, Melling, Nichols
    F - Kosta Petratos

Finished 9th

Blows my mind how little turnover there is at other clubs.

What tactical setups and instructions are you guys using?

Started the season really well but now have stagnated.
    Amigos Aarau

Quote Originally Posted by goaliepersempre View Post

That's just the Jets mate.
    Great. He's gone from Liaoning Whowin to Newcastle Wholose.
    The Championship Chronicles - The Jetstream's review of the 2007/08 season. www.newcastlefootball.net/chronicles

Working as intended

That's just the Jets mate.
    true but in my case - FC Aarau
    Amigos Aarau

true but in my case - FC Aarau
    I tend to use 4-2-3-1 or -4-3-3 possesion or direct attacking, But on my current Everton one using a 5-2-2-1 with WBs. possession and high tempo. Beat Shitty 2-1 but lost to the Reds. Signed Andy Carrol who is doing really well but Firmino is a joke, Him and Mane destroyed me on the wings

love at first sight

First season with Jets I played a 4-1-2-2-1 with DMC, 2 MC and wingers. Squad was shit and played mostly on counter. After a season of shedding the dross and decent recruiting, moved to a 4-2-3-1 and played more possession.

Just won GF, 2-0 over City and not even close... though mostly due to them having two sent off.

After being released a few years ago, Rogic is now wanted by Celtic. Petermann got jack of no first team football and handed in a transfer request, looks to be off to Croatia.

Playing my second last game with the Jets. Away to Beijing Guo'an with the home fixture to be my last one in charge.

So... my contract expired and now I am on a month to month contract.

I have declared interest in the managerial roles at East Thurrock in Vanarama South and Maidstone who are in Vanarama National at present but finished last and will be in North/South next season.

Maidstone United it is.

Had 5 players on loan and 19 absolutely garbage players on day to day contracts. All punted. One of them was my best player though, so signed him to a permanent deal. Have another 8 garbage players and 3 okayish players coming up to end of contract in 3 days but am going to let all of them go. That will leave me with a bare bones squad of 15, four of those being youth, one who is my best AMC by a long margin and three who aren't great but look like decent prospects. So... 12 first team players, none of them a GK.

Will wait for the contract end date to roll around and then get stuck into some free transfers, see if I can't get us back into Vanarama National in a year. Worryingly, the expectation for next season is "don't get relegated"