Page 35 of 46 FirstFirst ... 25333435363745 ... LastLast

Thread: Football Manager

Quote Originally Posted by Bremsstrahlung View Post
    I don’t like that there’s no real way of knowing if what you’re doing works.
    In my experiences I open a game with the jets. Try playing a formation, lose, change formation, lose, repeat x 5.
    Find my best performing players and play them. Win. Repeat. Followed by lose lose lose lose lose and no matter what I do, nothing changes.
    Feels too randomly generated sometimes.
    Thats because the Jerks squad has been garbage for years and stats reflect this but Nabbout has 8 pace LOL sums it up
    Quote Originally Posted by lquiquer View Post
    Welcome to the circus ... And I can't argue any of your points... In contention for best first post of the year... ��

Quote Originally Posted by parksey View Post
    love at first sight

Quote Originally Posted by StannyCFCJET View Post
    Say what?? How did you win a copy?
    Won this - https://press-start.com.au/win/2017/...n-competition/

Limited edition, woo!

nice
    Amigos Aarau

New FM looks interesting this year and beta drops tomorrow. Super keen for the new training system
    Welcome to the circus ... And I can't argue any of your points... In contention for best first post of the year... ��

love at first sight

Picked up FM2019 after not really playing 2018.

Jets are kind of ****ed... Johnny K is on an 18 month injury break and you have to register him to the squad or he gets axed.

I did what Ernie couldn't do and solved the striker problem. Jake Adelson went out on loan to APIA Leichhardt freeing up a spot in the squad. Signed Will Keane from Hull on loan for the season. Banging signing.

Except he's been unavailable or shit.

He broke ribs in his final game with Hull U23's and was out for 6 weeks.
    Finally made his debut in mid November, scored on debut in a 1-1 draw with the smurfs.
    Twisted a knee in training after his first game, missed a week.
    Injured a hammy just before Christmas and missed a week.

He's made 3 more appearances since his debut and been shite. Not a goal since. Not an assist. Averaging just over 6. ****er.

Still doing well though... 5-1-1 record in the league, won the FFA Cup against Adelaide. Dominating games, >60% possession, over 500 completed passes per game but the same old Jets profligacy in front of goal with only 8 scored. It's the 3 goals conceded so far that's seen us in second spot. Vargas and Ridenton are top scorers with two each whilst Keane, Sheppard, Jair and Boogaard have one apiece.

Jair rejected contract offer so is off. Going to let Roy, Italiano, Vujica (game rates him as shit, just like Ernie), Austin and hopefully keep Sheppard on the cheap. Dunno what to do with JK as he can't play till October 2019 so he is going to end up pretty trash.

I mean look at this shit?

1-1 draw.

Quote Originally Posted by Grimario View Post
    Picked up FM2019 after not really playing 2018.

Jets are kind of ****ed... Johnny K is on an 18 month injury break and you have to register him to the squad or he gets axed.

I did what Ernie couldn't do and solved the striker problem. Jake Adelson went out on loan to APIA Leichhardt freeing up a spot in the squad. Signed Will Keane from Hull on loan for the season. Banging signing.

Except he's been unavailable or shit.

He broke ribs in his final game with Hull U23's and was out for 6 weeks.
    Finally made his debut in mid November, scored on debut in a 1-1 draw with the smurfs.
    Twisted a knee in training after his first game, missed a week.
    Injured a hammy just before Christmas and missed a week.

He's made 3 more appearances since his debut and been shite. Not a goal since. Not an assist. Averaging just over 6. ****er.

Still doing well though... 5-1-1 record in the league, won the FFA Cup against Adelaide. Dominating games, >60% possession, over 500 completed passes per game but the same old Jets profligacy in front of goal with only 8 scored. It's the 3 goals conceded so far that's seen us in second spot. Vargas and Ridenton are top scorers with two each whilst Keane, Sheppard, Jair and Boogaard have one apiece.

Jair rejected contract offer so is off. Going to let Roy, Italiano, Vujica (game rates him as shit, just like Ernie), Austin and hopefully keep Sheppard on the cheap. Dunno what to do with JK as he can't play till October 2019 so he is going to end up pretty trash.
    Hey mate nice to see youve got 19. I bought the Ingame editor, Removed Johnny K's injury and boosted some jets players stats to reflect last year. Aleague researcher is a joke so Ive subscribed to Aussie database where every Aleague team has had their youth team created and you can now actually promote youth.

love at first sight

I mean look at this shit?

1-1 draw.
    Hahaha this has happened to me quite a bit, I can usually tell after 10 mins if Im scoring or not

love at first sight

Hahaha this has happened to me quite a bit, I can usually tell after 10 mins if Im scoring or not
    Just won the next game 2-0 after Kanta was sent off. Only had 7 shots and was dominated but apparently with a man down, we aren't as wasteful.

Don’t get this game.
    Feels like I have zero control. No matter what I do, what formation, what players or changing everything. Just seems completely random.

Quote Originally Posted by Bremsstrahlung View Post
    Don’t get this game.
    Feels like I have zero control. No matter what I do, what formation, what players or changing everything. Just seems completely random.
    I've figured out certain things but yeah still random at times but isnt that football?

Hoff got sent off, scraped a 2-1 win.

Beat Adelaide 2-0 to finish the year on a high then beat Brisbane 2-1 to start with a bang.

Will Keane hasn't added to his season tally of one

Italiano demanded first team football so is now happily the back up to Izzo at Adelaide. Brought in Daniel Margush... the back up at Adelaide who was released o_O

Trying to offload O'Donovan and Austin to free up some spots. Austin hasn't played at all and Roy is back up and off contract.

Keane ends goal drought

Newcastle United Jets FC loan Signing Will Keane at last put a smile on the fans' faces as the striker ended his goal drought at Perth Rectangular Stadium on Sunday.
    Keane had previously played over ten hours of competitive football without a goal before his 34th minute strike against Perth Gory FC

Newcastle Jets' Keane was forced off with a twisted ankle in the 66th minute following a tackle from Alex Grant

Out 4-6 weeks

Keane ends goal drought

Newcastle United Jets FC loan Signing Will Keane at last put a smile on the fans' faces as the striker ended his goal drought at Perth Rectangular Stadium on Sunday.
    Keane had previously played over ten hours of competitive football without a goal before his 34th minute strike against Perth Gory FC

Newcastle Jets' Keane was forced off with a twisted ankle in the 66th minute following a tackle from Alex Grant

Out 4-6 weeks
    Classic Jerks

Classic Jerks
    He is none from three on his return.

Mid March, injury crisis is hitting.

Ronnie damaged knee cartilage, few months.
    Hoff groin strain, Ridenton sent off, Cowburn hammy strain means George to right back and due to Vujica leaving on loan, Mitch Austin is playing left back.
    Champness groin strain so Keane is playing up front on the left, Jair moves into the middle for the injured Vargas and Sheppard (second top scorer) plays up front.

I've managed two from two in the ACL after I got past the Roar's bogey team in the qualifier. Don't care much about it as have the final derby coming up so the injuries might prevent me from the one true prize each season.

He is none from three on his return.

Mid March, injury crisis is hitting.

Ronnie damaged knee cartilage, few months.
    Hoff groin strain, Ridenton sent off, Cowburn hammy strain means George to right back and due to Vujica leaving on loan, Mitch Austin is playing left back.
    Champness groin strain so Keane is playing up front on the left, Jair moves into the middle for the injured Vargas and Sheppard (second top scorer) plays up front.

I've managed two from two in the ACL after I got past the Roar's bogey team in the qualifier. Don't care much about it as have the final derby coming up so the injuries might prevent me from the one true prize each season.
    Yeah Injuries are killer in this edition, Had Dimi break his leg mid season 1 and he was on fire. Somehow I still did the double not sure how though

love at first sight

And to make matters worse, Gorgeous George has just been called up to the Macedonian squad on the back of being amazing.

20190108212421_1.jpg20190108212432_1.jpg20190108212433_1.jpg

This is my Current Jerks team, New Striker, Right Winger and CB coming very soon, maybe a GK as well. 1st season I did the double, Second season won the FFA cup but crashed out of the finals round 1

love at first sight

20190108212421_1.jpg20190108212432_1.jpg20190108212433_1.jpg

This is my Current Jerks team, New Striker, Right Winger and CB coming very soon, maybe a GK as well. 1st season I did the double, Second season won the FFA cup but crashed out of the finals round 1

This is my best XI. Jair/Dimi swap positions.

Roy is absolute shit, worst player in my squad now, methinks.

Keane is shitter than his attributes should lead to. Next season, going to find a stronger AF because he's terrible at it.
    Last edited by Grimario; 08-01-2019 at 09:50 PM.

This is my best XI. Jair/Dimi swap positions.

Roy is absolute shit, worst player in my squad now, methinks.

Keane is shitter than his attributes should lead to. Next season, going to find a stronger AF because he's terrible at it.
    Roy for me was a streak player but his attributes decline way too quick especially physical. Sheppard is good but goes on goal droughts as well, Jair was dogshit and sold in January season 1. Dimi is the star and Ronnie was good but just released

love at first sight