Page 44 of 46 FirstFirst ... 344243444546 LastLast

Thread: Football Manager

Danish CB off to Molde, Swedish Wonderkid LB off to Arsenal, Swedish star RB off to Bournemouth, French CB off to some Ligue 1 side.

Kluivert is destroying the side

Signed marginally better centre back, right winger, midfielder and striker at Altrincham. Hopefully they can get up to speed quick smart and we can get out of this bottom half doldrums.

Some mixed form mid-season saw me bounce between 17th and 12th... then I got my Scottish striker back from injury and went on a fantastic run to push into the play off spots. The Scottish guy is a taller and less talented Peter Crouch, perfect for the bottom playable level. 19 heading, 18 jumping and 204cm... finished the season with 27 goals from 41 games. The guy I brought in from Grimsby Town scored 15 in 17 so on the back of their exploits, we beat Kidderminster in the playoffs to secure promotion to the Vanarama National. Well above first season expectations and now in a scramble to resign some players.

Kluivert is continuing to pull apart my squad. Young Swedish DL sold and the South African striker I nurtured from youth into a Home Grown player. He's even dumped the international Swedish GK back up to a bench spot for a 33 year old Brazilian. He only has two starting Swedish players which means the entire bench has to be filled with Swedes... and some of them are trash youth players. Aouchiche wants out and looks to be going at the end of the season with a whole heap of next tier up Champions League clubs after him. RIP my team Somehow they are equal first, but I don't know how sustainable that is with so few quality Swedish players in the mix.

At international level, I am currently top of the South American WCQ. Drew against Brazil and Venezuela but easily accounted for Uruguay, Ecuador, Peru and Paraguay. Have the Copa America in the off season so that will be a decent test and then have Argentina and Brazil again to see how the qualifiers pan out.

I’ve just been reading through your FM20 saves and enjoyed the read. Some great saves particularly grimario.

I myself started unemployed, no qualifications and no prior playing experience. I ended up taking over at Concord Rangers in the Vanarama National League South before quitting later that season due to poor league results and I was losing the dressing room and wasn’t enjoying it so I jumped. I then took over Nuneaton Borough in the Vanarama National League North and my expectation there was to avoid relegation which I ultimately failed to do and was sacked with two games to go.

I then early enough in the off season took over at Hemel Hempstead back in the Vanarama National South League and this is where the save has taken off. I signed my striker from Concord who scored 34 league goals in 48 league games led me to second place and a win in the playoffs to get promoted to Vanarama National League. After 6 games with a record of 2W,2D and 2L we are sitting 12th which is where the media predicts we will be at the end of the season. I currently hold my National A License and am studying for a Continental C License.

I have my team playing a quick short passing game which works well getting forward, the challenge though is defending and if I can consistently pick up clean sheets then I will shoot up the table.

The Jets in 19/20 finished 8th before 2 back to back wooden spoons in 20/21 and 21/22. Scott Miller is the man in charge at The Jets at this point in time with Muscat taking over when Merrick retired. After Muscat was sacked Nikolai Topor-Stanley took over as caretaker manager for 15 days.

I've been too slammed with work to play much of late. I'm sure my Swedish English adventure will continue soon

Quote Originally Posted by Grimario View Post
    I've been too slammed with work to play much of late. I'm sure my Swedish English adventure will continue soon
    I know that feeling, what would be cool if you could sync - Mobile version and PC Version
    Amigos Aarau

Quote Originally Posted by Bon View Post
    I was 100% one of them

Wasn't me. Season 20 Diablo 3 launched on Saturday so I smashed that for many many hours.

What a last game of the season.. 3 points ahead of 2nd (Basel) and have to play Basel Goal Difference + 4 - 2 Players Yellow Card Ban - 3 Starters all injured in previous game and cant play my loaned player from Basel, Best defender on U20 International Duty (Bug in FM, says intl duty from 29.5 - but its the 20.5 ? )...

3-0 down at half time.... Second Half Goal Fest ended up 7-4..

End Season tied but win the league by Goal Difference...

Now to win the swiss cup.
    Amigos Aarau

It's that time of year again... beta is out and game is only a few weeks from full release.

Started a save with the Jerks.

Millar gets sold almost immediately with Shrewsbury meeting his buyout clause.
    Sent Maki Petratos and Lucas Mauragis off on loan to Academica.

Only signings have been freebies.
    Brought in Spiranovic on peanuts (Spira £85, Boogs £2,700... as if) and Michael Maria who is a huge step up from Connor O'Toole at WBL.
    Rest of the signings were depth/youth Australians - Gianluca Iannucci, Walter Scott and Nathan Lozado. I regret that last one as I have discovered he was a coastie scum years back.

I have also managed to sign John Iredale at the end of his current contract which will be a huge step up from Roy and Australian.
    Picked up Peter Gwargis as well for a season loan on deadline which would mean I could dump Najjarine off and upgrade him for £375 a week less.

And after all that, I am not remotely like the Jerks. 8 games, 8 wins. 23 goals for, 7 against. Roy and Bernie have 6 each with Petratos, Ugarkovic and Ledley with 3 each.

It's that time of year again... beta is out and game is only a few weeks from full release.

Started a save with the Jerks.

Millar gets sold almost immediately with Shrewsbury meeting his buyout clause.
    Sent Maki Petratos and Lucas Mauragis off on loan to Academica.

Only signings have been freebies.
    Brought in Spiranovic on peanuts (Spira £85, Boogs £2,700... as if) and Michael Maria who is a huge step up from Connor O'Toole at WBL.
    Rest of the signings were depth/youth Australians - Gianluca Iannucci, Walter Scott and Nathan Lozado. I regret that last one as I have discovered he was a coastie scum years back.

I have also managed to sign John Iredale at the end of his current contract which will be a huge step up from Roy and Australian.
    Picked up Peter Gwargis as well for a season loan on deadline which would mean I could dump Najjarine off and upgrade him for £375 a week less.

And after all that, I am not remotely like the Jerks. 8 games, 8 wins. 23 goals for, 7 against. Roy and Bernie have 6 each with Petratos, Ugarkovic and Ledley with 3 each.
    Ledley??? And how you finding all the new features?? My PC is ****ed atm so gotta fix it before I can play FM sadly

Yep, Ledley. He played a chunk at left back after O'Toole got injured but before Maria arrived. My midfield trio is Johnny K basically sitting deep as almost a third centre back with Ledley and Ugar pulling the strings. Gwargis and Ibini playing as inside forwards and Roy as a false 9.

The game seems a lot more fluid at the moment. Love the new analytics stuff. Like the match engine but not sold on the match ui.

Well, that was ****ing nuts.

Ibini is going to be a big loss... he has 15 goals, 5 assists in 21 games.
    Ugar too - 6 goals and 3 assists... but I can move Spiranovic to Ugar's midfield to accommodate Donachie at the back.

At the moment, Roy hasn't re-signed but looks likely to accept a sub role. He's still managed 14 goals and 5 assists so wouldn't be too upset if he had to stay around.
    Simmons and Mauragis will both be leaving. Hopefully offload Goodhew, Langlois and maybe Hoff, Kanta and Italiano if anyone okayish comes up to replace them.

Encountered my first bug after winning the league.

Jokes about Jets winning the league being a bug aside, heaps of players have contracts that finish at the end of May, so they are all gone for final series. Lost Ugar

Encountered my first bug after winning the league.

Jokes about Jets winning the league being a bug aside, heaps of players have contracts that finish at the end of May, so they are all gone for final series. Lost Ugar
    Couldn't just resign them? Or did you not know their contracts would expire?

Quote Originally Posted by StannyCFCJET View Post
    Couldn't just resign them? Or did you not know their contracts would expire?
    Oh, not just me... the entire league. Probably about 40 all up. Ugar was only one of note from Jets team. And both him and Ibini appear to have hard programmed hatred of the Jets now, so he has no interest in staying.

Oh, not just me... the entire league. Probably about 40 all up. Ugar was only one of note from Jets team. And both him and Ibini appear to have hard programmed hatred of the Jets now, so he has no interest in staying.
    Farkkk

That contract blunder was good for me. Signed Thomas Glover before the final series - huge step up from Italiano and James.
    Won the finals, 1-0 over Sydney in the SF and 2-0 over MV in the final.

Whole heap of coasties coming in to the club in the offseason - Daniel De Silva and Jordan Murray. Also picked up Chris Ikonomidis and John Iredale on frees.
    Italiano left on a free to Perth, Boogaard to Western United and Topor to Adelaide. Between them and Ibini, freed up over £7k in weekly cap.

In the market for a holding midfielder to upgrade Johnny and a right fullback/wingback to massively upgrade on the Hoff.

Youth intake was... random?

One clear star player - a Newcastle born, Somalian GK who is instantly better than Noah James
    One other potential star - a New Zealand born, Chinese/Australian nationality DM who is going to push Kanta out of the third choice spot in a season or so.
    Also two boring white blokes from Newy, a left back and a right winger.

But easily the best Jets youth intake I think I have ever had.

That'll do me till the game is out and bugs are fixed. Looking at the squad, every single player except Donachie and Champness (because they are on loan?) expires at the end of May whilst the season finishes at the end of June.