Page 5 of 46 FirstFirst ... 3456715 ... LastLast

Thread: Football Manager

Well you will need the steam client to activate any "boxed" version of the game anyway. The only advantage is if you wanted the game now and not have to deal with actual people (ewww gross). That being said, you could download the demo today, play away and wait for your retail version to be delivered :-)

Quote Originally Posted by pv4 View Post
    is there any advantage to buying on steam than buying with somewhere like greenman?
    It costs double...

If you buy on GMG, you will get a codethat you then activate on Steam. They are ALL Steam versions, regardless of where you buy.

http://www.greenmangaming.com/s/au/e...-manager-2013/

That is PC download, gives you steam code instantly. No waiting on hard copy deliverables.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Grimario View Post
    At end of third season, two titles on the trot and going for a third. Won the ACL. Lost to Man Utd in final of CWC.

Tinks has just agreed to purchase the stadium. Hunter Stadium will soon be owned by the Jerks, woop.
    Either kick the Knights out or hold a Motocross during their season just for a laugh

i got it yesterday from greenman. took seemingly forever to dl (i will credit telstra fxxxers for going through all their checks etc, telling me i can get adsl2+phone, then only after signing up letting me know that there's no ports & i'm stuck with adsl1 - kutgw dudes).

decided to just jump right into the jerks, i figure i can use a few startup careers to figure the system out before worrying too much. heskey is on fire in preseason - three goals. have beaten jerks yoof & valentine phoenix in trials convincingly. playing a flair/flowing attacking 4-1-2-1-2 of:
    ----------birraz---------------
    -nev--tiago--mitchell--ritter-
    ----------jobe----------------
    ---zad-----------goodwin----
    ----------brown---------------
    -------heskey--ryu-----------

ryu is killing it also. brown scored a belter against valentine. scott neville has been my MoM for both games.

bridges (acting as player+coach) reckons i should remove captaincy from jobe and give it to bridges. lol. but he did recommend a different assistant manager, which i might take up.

at this stage i'm too emotionally tied to players (ie zad & jobe), and hence i figure i'm playing it wrong, but i'm enjoying it so far. maybe when i get the hang of things i'll be putting emotion aside and playing the likes of jesic,gallaway,etc if they're good prospects etc.

all in all, it's been fun so far. look forward to moar.
    OK

love the game this year, the outlay of actual skin is very clean and simple to manage.

this year is actually the first year i have decided not to start with the jerks. I was going to start with rovers but, the pressure of the venkys and shebby singh was not even worth trying to manage, so i decided to take on the everton job which in football manager in recent years is a pretty hard one to take on considering the fans have no appreciation for you replacing the legend that was david moyes and you are a no name (unless you place yourself as an international footballer). I was further hated when i basically removed my whole backroom staff to bring in blokes who suited my style the only guy who kept his job was the assistant manager who actually met all my requirements.

my prefferred style 4-3-3 very fluid, with wing backs, 2 box to box midfielders and a deep lying playmaker. was going to make for one tough pre-season especially considering the everton teams 2 most used formations were both with 1 up front and a very rigid style. my response to this was to play 3 friendly games a week for the whole pre season.

i probably have already put 15-20 hours into the game and i'm only 5 games into the season, and i have got my rewards. 5 games 4 wins 1 draw, the draw was a 93rd minute equalizer at man city, and if you were in my house at the time you would have thought the jerks had just won the comp again.

this is my current starting eleven at this point in time you may notice a couple of transfers & some loan players which i picked up at very cheap prices.

-------------------------Howard-------------------------
    -Coleman-----Heitinga---------Jagielka-----Baines-
    -------------------------Anderson*---------------------
    -----------Powell*------------------Fellani-------------
    -Miralles-----------------Jelavic---------------*Ince-

*picked up anderson for chips at $2 million with united picking up 20% of the sale on the next deal, got nick powell also from united on loan i only really got him as a back up initially, but he has been a standout, he scored a double in the carling cup v stoke and hasn't left the starting side since, finally thomas ince (the son of paul) from blackpool on deadline day for $1 million + plus the trade of victor anchiebe to blackpool (who is shit), his ability at this point in time is 3 stars but his potential is between 4 & 5 stars according to my scouts.

writing this has made me now keen as mustard to finish work and go home and continue on....well done me.
    Quote Originally Posted by militiamon View Post
    Body gets Stretch drunk, miracle occurs.

Hail Body!

can i also voice my disappointment in the fact that the enitre yoof squad seems to be in the game except for josh small. and yes, this includes the guys who were let go when smallz was let go (ie abe wheelhouse). disc race.

also, lol @ brillante being black.
    OK

I'm not going to stop trying until I see you smile Mitchy's Avatar
    Reading this thread makes me want to play.

Will download when finished school

FM>HSC
    Novocastria Youth

anyone else having problems where wide players dont try beat their man and the defence stand off even with instructions to press and hassle the opponents?

having not played it before i have nothing to judge it against, but i'm finding my wide guys never take people on, are reluctant to cross, and kind of spin around & shield the ball and look for a pass (even though i'm telling them to cross early, run through defence, whatever). it's a shame too, because all of heskey's goals have come from crosses, he just seems to mimic irl where he dominates the defence, and i imagine if my wide guys crossed more often i'd be scoring more.

and yep defenders seem to stand off a lot, no matter what defensive things i'm yelling at them. i assumed this was all apart of the game, though.
    OK

Quote Originally Posted by tommy_v View Post
    anyone else having problems where wide players dont try beat their man and the defence stand off even with instructions to press and hassle the opponents?
    i actually think its the player.

miralles for me can't stop taking blokes on even if i encourage him not to.

where as steven naismith first thought is always to cross the ball.

i'm only guessing but i think the flair statistic maybe a good indicator.
    Quote Originally Posted by militiamon View Post
    Body gets Stretch drunk, miracle occurs.

Hail Body!

Play them as inside forwards and they will take on their man more than often, i play a 4-1-2-2-1 sort of thing

---------------Birra---------------
    Nev------Thiago---Mitch------Ritter
    ---------Kanta/Gunnarsson------
    ---------Brown----Jobe/Pepper----
    Ryu-------------------------Goodwin
    ---------------Black God------------------

BK
    Rubez
    Invincible
    Taggart

Destorying every team, averaging 3.16 goals a game, watertight at the back, very susceptible to long balls over the top but, heskey is immense, if goodwin isnt scoring, heskey is, but goodwin has scored in every game so far (16 games in)

Goodwin 21
    Heskey 12
    Ryu 7
    Thiago 3
    OGs 3
    Last edited by Buddha; 13-11-2012 at 05:32 PM. Reason: confusion over which god

Heskey or Joel griff up front, Buddha?
    OK

Heskey or Joel griff up front, Buddha?
    my mistake, the black god. did try and sign joel, but wanted australian marquee but i unfortunately spent it all on grella to be aus marquee, still hasnt played a match

Could be the Preferred Moves of the wide players, as has been alluded to. You can train players to run with ball down flank amongst other things to suit your style of play more. Some players will learn a new skill easily, others may not learn it at all.

sign bradden inman for your team, absolute quality. him and brown now dominate the middle for me now, picks apart all teams so well

so in regards to transfers and stuff in the hal..

is transfer budget just how much money you've got left to buy players, and wage budget is how much cap space for the entire year you've got left? and where do staff wages come from? or is that all apart of it?
    OK

and when it says that say two assistant managers, 3 physios, etc etc are recommended, is it best just to go with the recommendation?

also.. how the hell do i get a head of youth development? searching in transfer centre for one, i can't find any. no one has any interest in becoming one for me, and i can't figure out how to make my current staff do it (is it just offer them a new contract?).
    OK

played a bit last night and the wide players are starting to take on their man so can only assume players still getting use to the formation and tactics? playing a 4231 with wing backs, ball winning midfielders, 2 advanced playmakers and a trequarista. still in pre season(leeds utd) but so far 3 2-0 wins and a 5-1 win

and when it says that say two assistant managers, 3 physios, etc etc are recommended, is it best just to go with the recommendation?

also.. how the hell do i get a head of youth development? searching in transfer centre for one, i can't find any. no one has any interest in becoming one for me, and i can't figure out how to make my current staff do it (is it just offer them a new contract?).
    personally think thats a bit much for the jets. in regards to signing staff its the same as signing players-the clubs status, the league status and your reputation all play a factor. you can offer a current staff member the role of head of youth development in a new contract. when on the contract screen on the right hand side will say if the staff member is interested or not in the role.