Page 8 of 46 FirstFirst ... 67891018 ... LastLast

Thread: Football Manager

4-2-3-1 with wing backs and narrow AM's works for me.
    i look for midfielders who rate well in tackling, marking, passing and positioning (may be something to look in to)
    also control at home and standard away

I've won 4 seasons in a row, some by fairly tight margins and some with a few games to spare.

Not sure what I've done differently this season but 8 games in to the 5th season, I am scoring nearly 4 a game (including an 8-0 away win) and have kept 6 clean sheets. I've got mostly the same squad as last season but with a different GK... perhaps that one extra year older for my Jerks Yoof is really paying dividends.

Time for me to move on, I think. No longer a challenge.

*FM2011 (My first attempt failed, and killed any motivation to buy it (edit:2013), decided to give it another go and am enjoying it a little bit more. I don't know what's different but i seem to be flying through the season this time :S)

Anywho, Played 15 Games. (4 pre-season, 11 competition). Undefeated thus far. Though, I've won 5 games. 10 draws. I seem to have 2 common occurances, take the lead early, concede late. Concede early, equalise early and then dominate but fail to score.

Young, Ljubo, Elrich, Jesic dominating.
    Kennedy, Wehrman (after scoring 3 goals in pre-season) and NTS are struggling.
    Kanta seems like he's constantly travelling, ffs.

FRESH FM Career Blog entry - “First Past the Post” - http://t.co/4aLVFiTr
    Homepage - http://t.co/6YGl7kcA

Won League 1 with Leyton Orient, on to the Championship!

Bought it a couple of days ago, struggling to get back into it tbh. It's been a couple of years since I played and I don't know if I'm a fan of the new UI/menus, everything is kind of weird. Took me a while to figure out where to even find the player/staff scouting. Who bothers to move that shit from where it was?

Also struggling with tactics. Went with Grimario's super tactic (which is similar to what I used to play) but getting frustrated with how direct erryone is playing (R Griff running at goal from 50 m out, having solo shots from 30 m out). Might need some tweaking.

The Jets team is honking to as others have mentioned, not a fan of it at all. I hate how poorly Wheelhouse + Zad are rated, really kills the midfield when you have to rely on them and they are like 1-2 stars.

Most annoyed by the staff though. In the past it was easy to find randoms with good stats and bring them in, look like a super manager etc. Now I can't find anyone: scouts, assistants, youth managers, physios, they all have less than 10 in the key areas.

Quote Originally Posted by militiamon View Post

The Jets team is honking to as others have mentioned, not a fan of it at all. I hate how poorly Wheelhouse + Zad are rated, really kills the midfield when you have to rely on them and they are like 1-2 stars.
    just like real life huh chief

Most annoyed by the staff though. In the past it was easy to find randoms with good stats and bring them in, look like a super manager etc. Now I can't find anyone: scouts, assistants, youth managers, physios, they all have less than 10 in the key areas.
    bring in ando

or maybe some hot chix

Slow Thursday night ey

Just lost 2-0 to CCM, fxxk this game I'm outta here.

time to quit imo, start playing farm simulator

Quote Originally Posted by q-money View Post

OK

I didn't end up quitting when I said I did, kept playing till 2 am. The next game I won, then proceeded to sign Griff. Brought Griff on as a sub in his first game, scored within 5 mins and changed my season. Must have at least 3 goals in 4 games since I got him, and I went from last place to like 3rd

Quote Originally Posted by q-money View Post
    time to quit imo, start playing farm simulator

This is what inspired me to become a farmer irl. Must say though, way less pussy than this video makes out.

still getting varying results. went down 0-2 at home to victory, with Archie having 3 disallowed goals, but followed that up with 0-1 win @ Perth.

ryu hits the post/crossbar at least twice a game.
    OK

anyone know how you can convince the board to let you get another coach in. whenever i try talk to them its not an option. in desperate need of a defence coach

космонавт-исследователь boz-monaut's Avatar
    why for farm simulator videos so funny?

I blame all these beers

still getting pretty inconsistent results. best Wellington 3-2 @ home, was 3-0 up in 82nd min. then backed that up with a 3-1 loss away to heart, and a 2-2 draw at home with the gypos.

there seems to be at least 3 injuries per game - at least two to me & one or two to opposition. Neville is out for 2-3 months, a few others are a week or two. is that normal to get so many injuries?
    OK

Quote Originally Posted by pv4 View Post
    there seems to be at least 3 injuries per game - at least two to me & one or two to opposition. Neville is out for 2-3 months, a few others are a week or two. is that normal to get so many injuries?
    Not usually that many per game. Not unusual to have injuries through the season, but 3 per match is a bit much.

What are your training levels like? Too high can lead to more frequent injuries either in training itself, or matches as you are experiencing.

I run a high intensity "Pre-Season" schedule, which is only strength and aerobic (except the GK's, they remain on their own GK schedule throughout), and then switch to my regular schedules incorporating the other skills as applicable to each position. I run those at a more normal intensity to hopefully avoid a glut of injuries.

Hope this helps

Heskey keeps getting injured for 4-5 weeks within 15mins of him getting on the pitch
    (it's happened three times)… I'd bought Bruno Cazarine as an early season backup and now he's scored 15 in 13 matches… Pity my team still blows and I'm coming last lol

Quote Originally Posted by halo se7en View Post
    Heskey keeps getting injured for 4-5 weeks within 15mins of him getting on the pitch
    (it's happened three times)… I'd bought Bruno Cazarine as an early season backup and now he's scored 15 in 13 matches… Pity my team still blows and I'm coming last lol
    How quickly are you throwing him back in the side when he has recovered from injury? I know it's hard in the A-League as there is no reserve squad so to speak, but try to have them training for a while before involving them in match action (just my opinion/strategy)

There is also the fact that some players are injury prone - I am currently trying to offload a talented young midfielder who just keeps getting injured. Good player, but not worth the trouble to be fair.

more updates? how are you going PV4... Im still running 2011. Might go a few more seasons then get new FM. Or worth just swapping over now?... there is no way to like copy over credentials etc from previous version FM?
    Amigos Aarau

I just finished my Jets career with 5 league and final wins on the trot, bunch of ACL and a CWC win. Stuck myself on holiday, "apply for bottom division jobs" and within a week was offered a Ligue National job in France. Huzzah.