Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 4567 LastLast

Thread: The Cooking Thread

Quote Originally Posted by q-money View Post
    buying one of these for my father in law who enjoys burning shit, they're bloody tremendous

https://www.chefsarmoury.com/collect...table-barbeque

last new years eve instead of hitting some shitty party me and the mrs stumped up some bank and did the degustation at momofuku seiobo at the Star in the afternoon, old mate Paul Carmichael did marron, and a kingfish head over the coals, bucket list stuff. the bloke is a genius.

the restaurant is nuts, just a couple of barbecues and three induction tops

it's defo worth the cash, the matching booze is off the chain

the japanese binchotan charcoal is deadset amazing, you'll never use any other crap again
    **** just what I need another bbq on my list, sort of got permission from the Missus for an offset smoker in the future might be pushing the boundaries adding a 6th bbq to my collection.

Jeez thats some expensive charcoal though.

koth party at skips
    If I have a new gaffe by the time it rolls around it could be on.

last new years eve instead of hitting some shitty party me and the mrs stumped up some bank and did the degustation at momofuku seiobo at the Star in the afternoon, old mate Paul Carmichael did marron, and a kingfish head over the coals, bucket list stuff. the bloke is a genius.

the restaurant is nuts, just a couple of barbecues and three induction tops

it's defo worth the cash, the matching booze is off the chain

the japanese binchotan charcoal is deadset amazing, you'll never use any other crap again
    This has to be the whitest thing ever posted on the foz ever right?

Got a 4 piece made in Italy Estelle Per Sempre Cookware set delivered today - regular price is $670 I paid $299 with free delivery. It's good to know we can still buy top quality last a lifetime type gear for **** all money.

Last edited by The Dunster; 30-06-2017 at 12:36 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by plague View Post

Thought I'd restore some balance to the thread.

you should go before #whitegenocide kicks in, professor moneybags

Someone recommend me a decent knife/set of knives. I've had it with the cheapie Big-W stuff my brother bought.

Also doing a big batch of tom kha gai in the slow cooker this weekend.

Quote Originally Posted by Grimario View Post
    Someone recommend me a decent knife/set of knives. I've had it with the cheapie Big-W stuff my brother bought.

Also doing a big batch of tom kha gai in the slow cooker this weekend.
    Solingen Germany is known as the city of blades. Depending on what you want to spend brands to look at would be DOVO Solingen, Wüsthof, J. A. Henckels, Böker, Eickhorn-Solingen. My parents have had a set of JA Henckles for around 50 years which are still going even after 40 years of use through a dishwasher [which I wouldn't recommend].

These will last you a lifetime and are very easy on the wallet when you get them on sale. Usually $900 but EOFY on sale for $300 http://www.victoriasbasement.com.au/...ade-in-germany

Last edited by The Dunster; 30-06-2017 at 03:35 PM.

i have a zwilling miyabi kaizen, insanely good knives, dunster is bang on

Quote Originally Posted by skippy View Post
    adding a 6th bbq to my collection.
    I just stumbled in here because I assumed this was a meth cooking thread or something but gosh dang I'm learning a lot.

I've never owned a BBQ in my life and have absolutely no idea what people enjoy about them but if a mans gonna have 6 of them then there's obviously something appealing.

you should go before #whitegenocide kicks in, professor moneybags
    Oh don't worry I'm here to look for knives to buy so when I'm at dinner and I ask someone how their food is and they begin their response with "what I like about the dish is........." then I can jump across the table and stab them in the face.

Actually I'd prefer to do my stabbing with something rusty and dull but I'm open to feedback.

I just stumbled in here because I assumed this was a meth cooking thread or something but gosh dang I'm learning a lot.

I've never owned a BBQ in my life and have absolutely no idea what people enjoy about them but if a mans gonna have 6 of them then there's obviously something appealing.
    Hahaha look up American bbq, I only have one gas bbq for quick cooks and emergencies. It's all about cooking with wood/charcoal.

Skipp how did the brisket go pal
    OK

Quote Originally Posted by pv4 View Post
    Skipp how did the brisket go pal
    Yeah pretty happy with it, could have done with another hour or so but was about 9pm and was still cooking it had been on since 7. Flavour wise I think I prefer Beef Short Ribs though. Did get some pics and a video will post them up later.

Also cooked a 4kg pork shoulder, 2 kgs of pork belly burnt ends, kilo of wings, kilo of chilli cheese sausages, prosciutto wrapped Brie and pineapple with cinnamon and brown sugar on the spit.

http://imgur.com/a/uUbNs
    Last edited by skippy; 03-07-2017 at 01:52 PM. Reason: Pic album

Finally got off my ass and purchased a new set of kitchen knives..
    Global Zeitaku.. Normally $960, going on special for $330.. Free delivery too.

http://www.kitchenwarehouse.com.au/G...nife-Block-Set

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Bon View Post

They stab better or something ??

$330

They want to be special

Quote Originally Posted by Bon View Post

Globals are decent but being Japanese steel they use a harder metal which is more prone to chipping and breaking but keep an edge better, do your best not to drop them, don't use glass chopping boards, don't put them in your dishwasher and I would look at getting a sharpening stone and a good honing steel and watch some youtube videos and learn how to use them.

At the very least there is a global ceramic water sharpener http://www.kitchenwarehouse.com.au/G...rpener-Ceramic which will do a good job if used regularly.

Quote Originally Posted by skippy View Post
    Globals are decent but being Japanese steel they use a harder metal which is more prone to chipping and breaking but keep an edge better, do your best not to drop them, don't use glass chopping boards, don't put them in your dishwasher and I would look at getting a sharpening stone and a good honing steel and watch some youtube videos and learn how to use them.

At the very least there is a global ceramic water sharpener http://www.kitchenwarehouse.com.au/G...rpener-Ceramic which will do a good job if used regularly.
    Awesome!!!
    Thanks mate, yeah I'm usually in the kitchen bare-footed so don't aim to drop even my shittiest of knives.. haha
    Don't have glass chopping board, and I'll be making sure they don't go in the dishwasher, she wouldn't be a fan of that..

I'll get my hat on the way out..