Page 25 of 33 FirstFirst ... 152324252627 ... LastLast

Thread: 2012/13 pre season

ffs FFA, pre-season bans, what is this shit?

Is it just me or is this the first time everyone else has heard the term "FFA sanctioned friendly"?
    Keep in mind that this was a game where we also made like 8 or 9 subs in the second half.

Honestly I didn't even think the Phoenix players should be banned, it was a nothing match, played in front of no one in the middle of nowhere.

Tiago or Raygun? Raygun anyway day.

Quote Originally Posted by steve136 View Post
    Tiago is a massive liability for our team anyway - why would we try and get him back on the field quicker?
    I'm really hoping that Regan or Ritter get a chance to pair with Mitchell to see how they go. They both have more speed and aren't going to do the same stupid stuff we have come to expect from Tiago for a while now.
    I don't care about tiago. I agree with all you're points. But giving out pre seasons bans is stupid and surely there is a loop hole of some kind.

Quote Originally Posted by stopper2 View Post
    GVE is big on discipline. I just can't see Tiago fitting into his plans for this season. Gives away too many fouls, penalties which invariably lead to suspensions....definitely more a liability than an asset.
    I agree but why then is Tiago always starting these trial games, it looks like he's in the preferred CB pairing to me.

Time for Reg's or Chapman to step up if they hold any hopes of contributing this season.

tiago is our #1 centre back in the entire club.

if people are serious in they think chapman or regan are going to replace him, i'd personally want to see chapman in there. he's so much better than regan, it's obvious he oozes class that regan can't match. regan is a solid, scrappy defender who doesn't mind a chat on the field, but he's noticeably not at the same level as the other defenders in the team football-playing-wise. he's a super decent backup-backup to have when a few injuries go our way, but he's not hal starting level. it's only a matter of time & experience before chapman gets the opportuinity that curtis good from heart has been given - and future socceroos gigs.
    OK

Quote Originally Posted by pv4 View Post
    tiago is our #1 centre back in the entire club.

if people are serious in they think chapman or regan are going to replace him, i'd personally want to see chapman in there. he's so much better than regan, it's obvious he oozes class that regan can't match. regan is a solid, scrappy defender who doesn't mind a chat on the field, but he's noticeably not at the same level as the other defenders in the team football-playing-wise. he's a super decent backup-backup to have when a few injuries go our way, but he's not hal starting level. it's only a matter of time & experience before chapman gets the opportuinity that curtis good from heart has been given - and future socceroos gigs.
    i still see a future for tiago at cdm, he is the best passer in the club maybe one of the best in the league, and further up the pitch he would be less of a liability to making last ditch penalty giving challenges, this probably isn't really a possibility with pepper, kanta, jobe, rubez, etc who can all play that holding role, at least gary has looked into it.

i personally like both chapman and regan. Before saturdays fixture v phoenix i was questioning the aquisition of mitchell but he was a standout so kudos to him. That regan quality of being a solid, scrappy defender is actually what i like about him and his communication is first class. if both mitchell and tiago were injured/suspended i wouldn't be stressing at having the 2 younger ones at the back which in our history is a nice benefit to have.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Blackmac79 View Post
    Sydney FC Vs Newcastle Jets, 2pm Sunday 9th September, Leichhardt Oval

Newcastle Jets vs Sydney FC, 2pm Saturday 22nd September, Budgewoi Sports Complex

Sunday 9th September is the day the NBN State League GF is on. It is pretty poor form in my opinion that the club has organised a trial in Sydney on this date. What's wrong with the Saturday arvo/night??

I believe the entire squad should be in attendance at the State League GF doing PR work plugging brand Jets in light of it being the biggest day in Newy Local Football. Also after all the NNSW has thrown their way this winter with the free development they have by being included in the State League not being their is slightly offensive in my eyes.

Not to mention 2 wins for the Jets Yoof and they will be playing in the GF. They flogged Edgy about 1 month ago and assuming they get over them Saturday have a better than great chance V Magic/Olympic assuming they can keep their goalie on the park

Poor Form Jets Poor Form

Maybe this is the only date they could get locked in?
    Subscribe to The Jetstream Podcast http://www.newcastlefootball.net/podcast

It's Sydney's game so they set the time. Geez - people complain we don't have enough trials against A-League opposition, now we have some.....

Banned
    I am pretty sure no gun would have been pointed at GVE when asked if he wants a friendly game V Smurfs. I am sure if he had of said to Crooky we have something on Sunday I am sure it could have been switched to Saturday pretty easily. Even if there was no room to negotiate with the date whats wrong with saying NO and looking for another opponent on the Saturday??

Not rocket science

i agree with MFKS on this one. poor look.

MFKS has hit the nail on the head. State League GF is a great day and its a massive opportunity missed by the jets to have players in attendance handing out membership brochures, kissing babys and all other PR shit. Will be even bigger opportunity missed if the youth make the GF. You can imagine northerns reaction if the youth make the GF and the better players in chapman, pepper, virgilli and co are down in sydney instead of wanderers oval.

yeah if you want to field a team in the state league at least give that comp a little respect
    I hope he likes prison food.......and penis

http://www.theherald.com.au/news/loc...d/2653598.aspx

4 of the jets youth named in the Young Socceroos squad, gone until 10 September. so may be a moot point now.

Quote Originally Posted by belchardo View Post
    http://www.theherald.com.au/news/loc...d/2653598.aspx

4 of the jets youth named in the Young Socceroos squad, gone until 10 September. so may be a moot point now.
    must be because tinks hates the community.
    OK

If its such an issue, tweet Jets official account - they are running their Insider thingy asking for questions for Robbie M.
    Subscribe to The Jetstream Podcast http://www.newcastlefootball.net/podcast

Triple J have been playing that Nero song a little bit lately.
    Makes me miss football.

Will go back to hating the song by round 3 though.

Which Nero song is it?

Quote Originally Posted by Rocky View Post
    Which Nero song is it?
    The one they play before kickoff that says "are you ready, here we go" about 7,800 times.

After the first time they ask I am actually quite ready for football, beer in hand at my seat, but they just keep asking anyway.

Ok now I'm already sick of that song again.

Quote Originally Posted by plague View Post
    The one they play before kickoff that says "are you ready, here we go" about 7,800 times.

After the first time they ask I am actually quite ready for football, beer in hand at my seat, but they just keep asking anyway.

Ok now I'm already sick of that song again.

God I hope I never hear that song again in my life.

Why do event managers think they have the right to submit us all to that kind of torture?