Page 31 of 33 FirstFirst ... 212930313233 LastLast

Thread: 2012/13 pre season

Quote Originally Posted by pv4 View Post
    have been told neville scored a screamer. wide backs scoring bombs (y)
    Can confirm: said goal was an absolute screamer.

g

so the member woke up at around 8, a sleep-in for the members standards. the member had the choice between scrambled eggs or Vegemite on toast, and whilst the eggs would have been grifflicious, the effort required wasn't warranted. etc etc, kale bradberry, griff, tarek, etc
    Just to confirm, the Member and I are sweet despite the rocky start to our relationship.
    Although I too am getting concerned at his habit of referring to himself in the third person.
    Plague finds this disturbing.

Speaking of which how did Tarek Elrich play today?
    Also, anyone have any thoughts on the WSW in general?
    and how was the crowd?

Banned
    g

so the member woke up at around 8, a sleep-in for the members standards. the member had the choice between scrambled eggs or Vegemite on toast, and whilst the eggs would have been grifflicious, the effort required wasn't warranted. etc etc, kale bradberry, griff, tarek, etc
    What the scariest part of that is the Member did get up at 8 am this morning as I felt the need for a sleep in. I was tossing up on having Bacon Eggs for breaky but couldn't be ****ed and stuck to the Sultana Bran. Did see Takka at the game, Kale was spotted running around the ground giving out balloons to kids and by Griff I assume you are talking about the impending Newy no 9 and the Member spent all game thinking we should sign Griff we are shit.

Goal from Neville was a belter. Hit from about 25-30 yards out and never looked like missing the top corner. Absolute waste though and would have been much better saved for training at Ray Watt or games at Shittounge V Gypos and not wasted in pre season hitouts.

Is it just me or does anyone else notice the correlation between the form of Kanta and the sides success going forward??

Kanta played well for the first 20 mins and we went well. After that he was back to his usual self and we played like our usual selves.

Zadkovich was a huge disappointment. Quietest game I think I have ever seen him play. Only tried hacking one bloke. Heart didn't look in it.

Ritter looks a beast though and was quite impressed with him.

Bernardo nice touches but appears to not be blessed with any great speed/acceleration. Couple of times got into good positions but got chased down much too quick.

Did notice in the first 20 mins we seemed to be moving the ball around at speed and with a lot more one touch football than normal. Good idea GVE!! Only problem was after a couple of stray passes were played we seemed to stop the one touch stuff and slowed the tempo down. Let WSW smother us.

Still not convinced about Ryan Griff as our Central Striker. The pre season games I have seen and to me it just don't look right and Griff juniors form hasn't been as high as it could. Do like the idea of GVE playing Griffo in the no 9 role but FFS sign the right one.

Craig Deans was hopeless again

Deans Out

Griff IN

WSW were slow in the first half, but found more of a rhythm in the second. They have a lot of work to do before the season starts, but I don't think they will be easy beats.
    For the jets, I was impressed with Ritter and thought that Ribeiro showed promise.

not sure bout Ribeiro...actually just watched him tbh seing if he had the goods...still undecided but think he needs to get his foot on the ball more.ryu is not a striker and zad to me looks more dangerous in a wide role. Mitchell is quality
    I hope he likes prison food.......and penis

Why did we only have 3 outfield players on the subs bench for a trial match????
    I read last week that Sydney gave Robbie Slater's young son Tom (16 years old) a run last week in the 2nd half against us. Yesterday we had the likes of Bradbery, Hoole and Campbell (all local lads from the Youth team) giving out balloons!!! Yesterday would have been an opportune time to give a couple of these lads who are all about 19, 20 minutes or so against A-League opposition. Bradbery's speed in particular would have been handy when Ryan had to come off and we only had 10 men and Hoole>>>>Oxborough. My optimism about the coming season has gone down a peg or two after yesterdays WSW trial in a few regards.
    Agree that Ritter looked good and Bernardo showed some promise.

I think GVE was trying to play the way he would in the A-league. Seeing as he only has 3 outfield players as subs there, he did it here.

good to see bridges not even in the squad

Took the camera yesty

Ritter looked solid all day

[img]http://farm9.staticflickr.com/8445/7989***588_2a5d799875.jpg[/img]

Kanta concentrating on getting to the ball (of course, he did)

Bernardo

and again, keeping his firmly on the ball

R.Griff getting brought down

Sorting out the handbags near the end of the game

Some of the crowd

Pitch looks a peach!

Wanderers tops looked like they bought them at Lowes ffs
    Subscribe to The Jetstream Podcast http://www.newcastlefootball.net/podcast

Trial form really tells us how we'll fair for the season
    Last edited by hawk; 16-09-2012 at 08:28 PM.

I've got a good feeling about Ribeiro... reminds me of Nicky Carle but a step or two quicker. Some of his passes went astray but who's doesn't?? When he gets used to whatever our front line is, the combinations will form and I think he'll be a real important player for us this season.

Quote Originally Posted by furns View Post
    at least they kind of alternate in colour to their home & away (which clash with each other).

btw i understand the fans said they wanted red/black/white as the colours for wsw, but it doesn't mean they have to force all three colours to be existent for EVERY kit - from looking @ those pics, that kit would look a lot nicer overall with white or black socks.
    OK

Best footballing pitch in Newcastle

Hunter stadium should employ the groundsman that looks after wanderers oval

Quote Originally Posted by furns View Post
    Ha ha my misses said the same thing.

Also good to see GVE still hsa so much faith in Jessic. WTF is the go there?????

Quote Originally Posted by Newyrover7 View Post
    Best footballing pitch in Newcastle

Hunter stadium should employ the groundsman that looks after wanderers oval
    Can we not hovercraft the pitch over to Hunter Stadium a la WSC ??

Game vs Shitney at Budgiewoi has been called off.

Still be announced if it'll be rescheduled or completely canned.

apparently it was cancelled as there was too much hype about it.

facepalm.jpg
    OK