Page 133 of 160 FirstFirst ... 3383123131132133134135143 ... LastLast
Results 2,641 to 2,660 of 3186

Thread: SQUAD FOR 2015/16 SEASON - no Griff, no party

Quote Originally Posted by lquiquer View Post
    I can see your point but what piss me off is: Why Jerks don't come out and say from the start...."Thank you David, we not prepared to offer you a contract for next year. U free to go if you wish". No instead they take everybody for a ride (including 9K members) with shit like: We are in control here, u get Carney if we get 2 of your players, then it's Carney or Hoole......all crap talk as usual...... Quite frankly I'm just about done with jerks.....
    This is the crux of the issue for me as well.

If they just released him, fine. But we were sold a bunch of bullshit about the club holding all the cards and leveraging them for our benefit. What changed in the end?

Quote Originally Posted by MFKS View Post
    Personally I reckon this is ****ing great.

Carney is a lazy **** and I am glad to see the back of him.

To me the Management of the Jets have done themselves a good thing here.

We have rid ourselves of one of our highly paid players and freed up the salary cap noose that Muppet left us with.

Exactly why do we want to go out and sign a couple of Sydney rejects who probably most likely are not wanting to come here anyway??

Millertime now has the next 6 months to work out how to spend the cash and spend it wisely.

For all the doom and gloom here I feel the club got the best deal out of this.

We are not going into the market signing a player to replace Carney right now and paying the bloke overs in a hurried marriage of convenience.

We can head out into the market and be selective as to how we spend the cash and choose wisely with a plan in mind.

It's over to Millertime now not to **** it up and sign the right players
    For the most part I agree - not sad to see him go. But clearly the Jets weren't planning this and that's the problem. As a few others have said, if they released him last week before the Adelaide omission and made it clear what the plan was, it might have easier to take.

But they didn't. They fed us bullshit about not being bullied and Miller was clearly after some players. They can't now come out and say the Jets did what was best for the club from the outset because they didn't.

Long term it's a good move, but all these short term disasters, whether it's PR, on-field, off-field or whatever will EVENTUALLY see the membership base piss off. The club is just lucky we've been so moronically resilient for so long.

I'll also add that if they had a ****ing brain they could have announced the loss of Carney at the same time as signing Nordstrand & introducing Ugarkovic. Two for one and we might have looked like we were better off. Now the goodwill from those two signings has all but disappeared.
    Last edited by halo se7en; 02-02-2016 at 09:03 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by turbojetfireV8 View Post
    Not disagreeing with the sentiment here, but you make it sound like we have $800K to spend rather than $80K. We need funds before we get too carried away with what we can realistically afford

I am glad we didn't get stuck with that overrated kokk Hoole again though (the endless pfaffing on from his Bieber-loving fan club as he runs up and down the line then delivers total shit passes or takes shots as limp as he is, did we really want that back??? does anyone really wonder why he barely rates in Smurfsville?)

The short end of the straw though is in that we only brought in two players when we need at this very moment perhaps four or more, without third party agreements etc we are never gonna have the funds to buy up like some of our rivals, and the depth of their squads make it obvious we'll always struggle to compete - can't see why FFA in its impotent wisdom didn't try to set us up for this, what's the use of being owned by them if they can't give us the kinda lifelines we really need to compete...
    I think you are missing the point the extra $80K can be rolled over in addition to the Max cap spend next year, plus Carneys current contract amount so essentially free up $300k next year. Then you look at the potential to utilise the other new cap exceptions and it starts adding up to a good quality player, or paying the overs required to get blokes across the line to move to a basketcase trying to rebuild.

All that only matter's though if we can get a new owner as the FFA ain't going to even contemplate anything over the salary floor.
    Last edited by Pico; 02-02-2016 at 09:03 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Grimario View Post
    Harper just described our play as constipated. Perfect description of our slow movement that goes nowhere and of our coach who is full of shit.

Now the issue is making the most of the salary cap space that got free'd up by Carney. Can the Jets be trusted to do that though is the real question. We need to make a big play for someone, start being ambitious with who we go for. I'd also say we gotta try and shift out a couple of other overpayed players, cause we didn't have Boogard or Carney against Adelaide last game, about 500,000 not on the pitch and you wouldn't know the difference.

Quote Originally Posted by StannyCFCJET View Post
    next time we play sydney at home everyone give carney the reception he deserves. Also the icing on the cake when Arnie sees his defensive workrate he wont play a game for sydney
    Yes because no doubt Arnie has no idea how Carney plays. Probably never even watched him hey... Seriously some of these comments are brilliant!

Can't wait for the Members Forum before next season.
    Quote Originally Posted by #fixsmithpark View Post
    I'M GULLIBLE!

Why is everyone saying its a good thing to have those funds in the cap to spend next year? What on earth has given you confidence that we can spend it wisely on a top player or two? Our previous record doesn't exactly fill me with confidence.

Quote Originally Posted by Premy View Post
    Can't wait for the Members Forum before next season.
    jerks might be facing empty chairs
    Dare to Zlatan

Originally Posted by Grimario

He won't make that mistake at Newcastle since our team is full of number 2's.

A-LEAGUE: David Carney leaves Jets to take up contract at Sydney FC

By JAMES GARDINER
    Feb. 2, 2016, 8:49 p.m.

GONE: David Carney. Picture: Jonathan Carroll
    GONE: David Carney. Picture: Jonathan Carroll

See your ad here

CHIEF executive David Eland insists that the decision to release David Carney is the best outcome for the Newcastle Jets.

Carney had the final four months of his contract mutually terminated on Tuesday, opening the way for the former Socceroo to join Sydney FC.

“It is a good outcome. Ultimately it was the only outcome,” Eland said.

“Clearly the player didn’t want to be here any more. He was disengaged and disgruntled.

“It became clear to us, and I think his omission on Saturday was reflective of where we were at.

“Having David remain in the squad was not going to be conducive to the team’s performance for the remainder of the year.

“It is certainly not in line with the culture we are trying to build at the club.”

Carney has been the Jets’ best player, scoring three goals and playing a hand in several others.

However, he has fallen out with coach Scott Miller in recent weeks and the Newcastle Herald has been told that the winger’s relationship with other members of the squad had strained.

See your ad here

The Jets were in talks with Sydney about a player swap and had targeted the return of Andrew Hoole to his home town.

However, the 22-year-old turned down the approach and instead is determined to fight for his position at Sydney, where he is six months into an 18-month deal.

Several other Sydney players were discussed but were either unsuitable or not interested.

“Clearly the process has taken this long because that is what we have been trying to negotiate,” Eland said.

“I’m not going to talk about players Sydney were trying to put on the table.

“What you can read is that we have determined that we want flexibility in the future to contract players that our aligned to our strategy.”

Transfer fees are not permitted between A-League clubs.

Sydney FC, who sold Alex Gersbach to Norwegian champions Rosenborg BK on Monday for an estimated fee of $300,000, have signed Carney on an 18-month deal.

The Jets can stockpile the balance of Carney’s salary, believed to be about $80,000, to spend above the salary cap for the 2016-17 campaign.

“David stops being paid by the Newcastle Jets today,” Eland said.

“There are salary-cap banking provisions within the regulations. Looking to the future, clearly David’s release frees up a significant amount in next year’s salary cap.”

The Jets have recently added Olyroo Steve Ugarkovic and former Danish international Morten Nordstrand to the roster.

Nine other players are off contract, headed by imports Leonardo, Milos Trifunovic and Enver Alivodic, in-form goalkeeper Mark Birighitti and home-grown midfielder Ben Kantarovski.

Carney was told he was part of the club’s plans for next season but he would likely have to take a pay cut.

“We have a responsibility, particularly with our financial situation and the ownership model as it stands, to maximise the value of every dollar in our salary cap,” Eland said.

“David was signed initially as an Australian marquee. David and his management were very keen to negotiate a renewal with us.

“During those discussions we made it clear that David was part of our future plans, but we were going to negotiate on our terms, when we were ready, and it was likely that we would need to review his level of remuneration.”
    http://www.theherald.com.au/story/37...go-free/?cs=12
    Life isn't the same without Con... but it can only improve without Tinks...

That's a fair enough response from Eland I guess (I'm not inferring it's believable, just not totally embarrassing ), makes it look like we didn't want to lose him but were trying to give him the chance to play ACL and to make it look like in the end we cut our losses (OK, few of us think we got anything less than shafted here, but that's what we've become accustomed to so we are more numb than totally gutted - as usual...)
    Life isn't the same without Con... but it can only improve without Tinks...

Did anyone else know he was our Australian marquee?
    Middleby Gone

Lawrie Out

Quote Originally Posted by Thomas477 View Post
    If thats the case, him leaving doesn't free up any salty cap.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Thomas477 View Post
    As it says initially.

We got him here when InZane was here and we had Heskey and The Fat **** was running up huge bills running the club and he was signed mid season exploiting a salary cap loophole

I would imagine some stage after this when The -Fat **** decided to trim costs he was bought in under the cap or when the FFA took over the carcass he was bought in under the cap as they were not spending any more than they had to

Quote Originally Posted by turbojetfireV8 View Post
    Eland just keeps digging himself deeper and deeper.

Don't sprinkle sugar on a turd and call it candy David.

This statement is bullshit from beginning to end.

"It is a good outcome"??? It could not possibly have been a worse outcome. We have given away our most productive attacking player in the middle of the season for nothing. What other club would do that? The club has clearly given up on this season, so all the bullshit about building a "never-say-die" culture was and is, just what they thought club members wanted to hear.

Banking $80,000 for next year's salary cap is of absolutely no value when the club isn't even spending the salary cap to start with this year. When did Carney become the Australian marquee? that has never been stated by the club before today to my knowledge.

To question Carney's commitment to the club is a joke. He was trying to get the club to extend his contract. Commitment like respect is a two-way street. For days the club has been saying Carney wasn't part of their plans for next year and all of a sudden today he was after all.

The club didn't want him for next year and thought they could get a beneficial outcome and in the end blame it all on Carney. It has backfired on them bigtime.

Is there any surprise no-one wants to come here? Not one Sydney player could be convinced to come here.

What really pisses me off is the FFA's complicity in this. They obviously knew that Shitney wanted Carney for their ACL campaign and they have orchestrated this bunfight like puppeteers to make sure Arnie got he wanted and we got nothing. C***s.

I think what a lot of people are missing here is what would have happened if he stayed. Possibly train him alone and never pick him. But that would have caused division amongst the playing group and possibly had one or two players questioning Miller's leadership. This can spread within a club like wildfire. And in the end you have a player who wont be here next season and a playing group that has no confidence in the gaffer.

Quote Originally Posted by skullboy View Post
    Eland just keeps digging himself deeper and deeper.

Don't sprinkle sugar on a turd and call it candy David.

This statement is bullshit from beginning to end.

"It is a good outcome"??? It could not possibly have been a worse outcome. We have given away our most productive attacking player in the middle of the season for nothing. What other club would do that? The club has clearly given up on this season, so all the bullshit about building a "never-say-die" culture was and is, just what they thought club members wanted to hear.

Banking $80,000 for next year's salary cap is of absolutely no value when the club isn't even spending the salary cap to start with this year. When did Carney become the Australian marquee? that has never been stated by the club before today to my knowledge.

To question Carney's commitment to the club is a joke. He was trying to get the club to extend his contract. Commitment like respect is a two-way street. For days the club has been saying Carney wasn't part of their plans for next year and all of a sudden today he was after all.

The club didn't want him for next year and thought they could get a beneficial outcome and in the end blame it all on Carney. It has backfired on them bigtime.

Is there any surprise no-one wants to come here? Not one Sydney player could be convinced to come here.

What really pisses me off is the FFA's complicity in this. They obviously knew that Shitney wanted Carney for their ACL campaign and they have orchestrated this bunfight like puppeteers to make sure Arnie got he wanted and we got nothing. C***s.
    A few things.
    Its common knowledge that Carney original came here as Australian Marquee when that type of position still existed.
    The Club offered him a contract, yes it was a pay cut but that's reasonable with an aging player.
    "Productive attacking player" 3 goals in 37 games, that's real "Productive"
    How do you know that the Club isn't spending the full cap? Thats not public knowledge.
    After the last 2 years if you think FFA care one bit abut Newcastle then you are seriously delusional.
    I'M GULLIBLE!

In the end the bloke is mediocre at best. He's an average sized fish in an extremely small pond and playing here makes him look like one of our best. In my opinion Leaky G was a bigger loss then this bloke. I for one am happy to see the back of him. He's not the kind of player who will win you championships and he sure as hell hasn't been the player to even drag us into finals contention. Tada devon head.

Quote Originally Posted by Wilso8948 View Post
    In the end the bloke is mediocre at best. He's an average sized fish in an extremely small pond and playing here makes him look like one of our best. In my opinion Leaky G was a bigger loss then this bloke. I for one am happy to see the back of him. He's not the kind of player who will win you championships and he sure as hell hasn't been the player to even drag us into finals contention. Tada devon head.
    To me its not about David Carney as a player and his ability. Its the fact we got absolutely screwed over by everyone. Mainly by our own board who have shown they cannot stand up for themselves.

I think i am out until a new owner comes in. I am just finding it such an effort to support this club right now.
    WE DON'T DO WALKING AWAY !

Quote Originally Posted by leftrightout View Post
    To me its not about David Carney as a player and his ability. Its the fact we got absolutely screwed over by everyone. Mainly by our own board who have shown they cannot stand up for themselves.

I think i am out until a new owner comes in. I am just finding it such an effort to support this club right now.
    In the end it IS about his ability. We've let our rivals take two of our players in the past year.. Yes. But we have also let our rivals pay massive overs for two players who are mediocre at best and won't win them titles or trophies. Carney won't go to Sydney and set the world alight. So who cares. We don't even play them again this season. This deal was handed poorly Yes. But is it a poor deal? In my opinion ending up paying overs for some of Sydney's rejects would have been the poorer of the two options.

Quote Originally Posted by leftrightout View Post

"Our Board"???? You mean FFA/SydneyFA
    I'M GULLIBLE!