Quote Originally Posted by borat View Post
    It's Nobby, re-signed for another season
    Don't say it often but good work Jets!
    WE DON'T DO WALKING AWAY !

Presser....

Monday 18 April 2016
    Newcastle, New South Wales

Morten Nordstrand extends Jets stay

Newcastle Jets can today confirm that the club has re-signed impressive former Denmark international Morten Nordstrand for a further Hyundai A-League season.

Nordstrand joined the Jets in late January 2016 and proved to be a key member of Scott Miller’s squad in the final third of the regular season, scoring four goals in eight starts for the side from Hunter Stadium.

Indeed, attendees at the club’s annual Player of the Year gala on Friday evening voted one of Nordstrand’s goals as the Jets’ 'Goal of the Season' – that being his 53rd minute round 20 stunner against Wellington Phoenix in Newcastle.

Recognition with the Jets’ 'Goal of the Season' award solidifies Nordstrand’s reputation as a scorer of great goals, as just last month the former FC Copenhagen star was honoured in his homeland with Denmark’s 'Goal of the Year' gong for a second time.

Nordstrand said that he is pleased to have extended his stay with the Jets, and is looking forward to competing in the Hyundai A-League with a full pre-season under his belt.

“I have really enjoyed my time since I arrived in Newcastle,” Nordstrand explained. “Everybody at the club has been really kind and friendly, and they helped me settle in fast so I could show my qualities on the pitch.”

“I am really happy to have found a club that appreciates me both as a player and a person, and am grateful that the Jets gave me the opportunity to come and play in Australia.

“That is why I am really happy to extend my time at the club, and this time I look forward to being here from the start of the season and doing a whole pre-season.

“I came directly from holiday and had two training sessions before my first game, so I am excited to get the entire pre-season with the team.

“I think it [pre-season] will help my game and make my fit to play 90 minutes at my top level,” he said.

Nordstrand added that he was honoured to have had his sensational first strike for the Jets acknowledged at the club’s Awards evening.

“Honestly for me all goals are beautiful and it doesn’t matter how you score them as long as you do,” Nordstrand said. “But the first one I got against Wellington was special because it was my first goal for the club.”

“It’s a nice thing that I have two trophies this year for my goals.”

Newcastle Jets Head Coach Scott Miller believes Nordstrand’s re-signing is a coup for the club.

“The retention of Morten is an integral part in our recruitment and continued development process for Hyundai A-League season 2016/17,” Miller said.

“His [Nordstrand’s] technical ability and goal scoring record since joining the Jets is clear to see, and it is my intention to continue the recruitment process to support Morten in the attacking third to ensure that we can improve significantly in this area.”

“I am confident that the club can attract players of similar technical qualities and desire to represent Newcastle Jets in the near future,” Miller concluded

ENDS

Ben O'Neill
    Media Manager

Good to see that the Jets have been able to keep a player obviously high up on the list of priorities.
    Our record has been poor in this regard over a number of years, so kudos to all involved.