Page 57 of 160 FirstFirst ... 747555657585967107157 ... LastLast
Results 1,121 to 1,140 of 3186

Thread: SQUAD FOR 2015/16 SEASON - no Griff, no party

Quote Originally Posted by belchardo View Post
    Real question about the match is "did labi bust out the chest after scoring?"
    And did BK dive?
    Quote Originally Posted by Grimario View Post
    Great. He's gone from Liaoning Whowin to Newcastle Wholose.
    The Championship Chronicles - The Jetstream's review of the 2007/08 season. www.newcastlefootball.net/chronicles

I don't agree with your argument here MFKS for you to say Labi is not on par with Babalj and that he is overrated, I think your overlooking things and focusing to much on assumptions rather than facts in this case.

Because if we compare these 2 players Labi has scored more goals and achieved 10 times more silverware then Babalj has in last 4 years and his entire playing career.

Babalj's achievements in last 4 years -

Red Star Belgrade 6 (1)
    2013 Melbourne Heart 9 (1)
    2013– AZ 0 (0)
    2015 → PEC Zwolle (loan) 4 (0)
    2015– → Adelaide United (loan)

Labi's achievements in last 4 years -

Scored 5 goals in Asian Champions league
    Scored 10 goals for WSW in. Aleague

2012 - Aleague Minor Premiers
    2013 - Aleague grand final
    2014 - Asian Champions

This all proves your argument is not valid when it comes to the quality of these 2 players.

Quote Originally Posted by MFKS View Post
    I will agree with you he has never set the HAL on fire and has done little in Europe to warra
    nt marquee money.
    Neither has that poor mans Matt Simon the one and only Tomi Juric who everyone would be fapping over if we signed him (except me)

Babalj has big potential. Make no mistake about it. For the right price he would be a very good signing for a side as ours.

To say he is on par with Labi and the rest of our strikers says to me you are massively over rating the blokes we have and you may be getting high off the horse shit smell blowing in from your farm.

PS on another note tone it down a bit with your replies around here.
    The gestapo are watching
    Last edited by Outoftowner; 01-08-2015 at 12:11 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by The Postman View Post
    Just read on the Jets Facebook the teams for the Intra Club trial. Seems a return to the 4231 is on the cards.

Jets A
    GK - BK
    RB - Hoff
    CB - Mullen
    CB - Boogs
    LB - Leaky
    CM - Poljak
    CM - Watson
    RM - Lundy
    CAM - Cooper
    LM - Carney
    ST - Haliti

Jets B
    GK - Biraz
    RB - Cowbie
    CB - Marlow
    CB - Jackson
    LB - Papas
    CM - Kanta 1
    CM - Kanta 2
    RM - de Vries
    CAM - Pavicevic
    LM - Barresi
    ST - Crowley

Subs for both teams
    Pawaik and the 5 locals.

Jets A won 1-0

Brennan missing, is he hurt?
    And Enver still waiting for VISA to be sorted.
    You add Alivodic to that "A" team and a quality #9 and #10 (fingers-crossed) and we have a decent squad with a good mix of youth and experience. I think we can be competitive as long as we do not have too many injuries to key players because our lack of real depth (as highlighted by the players in the "B" team) is a concern.

Quote Originally Posted by stopper2 View Post
    You add Alivodic to that "A" team and a quality #9 and #10 (fingers-crossed) and we have a decent squad with a good mix of youth and experience. I think we can be competitive as long as we do not have too many injuries to key players because our lack of real depth (as highlighted by the players in the "B" team) is a concern.
    I can't see us being a team that chases the game that well. Hopefully miller will be true to his word in terms of putting out a disciplined, fit team so that we can avoid giving up early leads

Quote Originally Posted by Tommyjet View Post
    I can't see us being a team that chases the game that well. Hopefully miller will be true to his word in terms of putting out a disciplined, fit team so that we can avoid giving up early leads
    Yeah Tommy, it's been years since we've had a team that has been able to power on for the full 90 minutes plus. Under GVE and Muppet we have become a team that has looked off the pace compared to most of the other teams. The fact that in so many games over this era we have given away so many goals in the crucial last 15 minutes shows that we have been not only physically deficient in terms of fitness but also tactically naïve in not being able to close games out when we've had the lead.

Quote Originally Posted by stopper2 View Post
    Yeah Tommy, it's been years since we've had a team that has been able to power on for the full 90 minutes plus. Under GVE and Muppet we have become a team that has looked off the pace compared to most of the other teams. The fact that in so many games over this era we have given away so many goals in the crucial last 15 minutes shows that we have been not only physically deficient in terms of fitness but also tactically naïve in not being able to close games out when we've had the lead.
    Surely we can't be physically deficient this season though. I'd say this our best opportunity since 08 to be on level pegging with the top teams fitness wise at least. Miller and jones expertise should have even this squad purring come the opening rounds. That will be our first main indicator of a hopefully more professional club culture.

It would be nice to hear a signing this week. Hopefully these 2 visa signings miller keeps mentioning happen sooner rather than never.
    Give us fans something to be excited about

Quote Originally Posted by R Ramjet View Post
    It would be nice to hear a signing this week. Hopefully these 2 visa signings miller keeps mentioning happen sooner rather than never.
    Give us fans something to be excited about
    yes this would be nice, i did see an article the other day about Younes Mahmood (iraqi Captain) coming to the a-league, wonder whether this could be one of the mentioned players? However more than likely will end up at Sydney

Quote Originally Posted by white city View Post
    yes this would be nice, i did see an article the other day about Younes Mahmood (iraqi Captain) coming to the a-league, wonder whether this could be one of the mentioned players? However more than likely will end up at Sydney
    Shitney don't have any visa positions left. Not sure about the wankerers.

I'm sure they will find a way..

Quote Originally Posted by Bon View Post
    I'm sure they will find a way..

you rang?

SFC have used all 5 visa spots, and both marquees.

WSW have used 4/5 visa spots, and have the Australian Marquee free (which potentially could turn into Marquee, if the rule changes take place).

AUFC - 5, both marquees.
    Roar - 4, both marquees.
    CCM - 2, no marquees.
    City - 3, Aust Marquee free.
    MV - 5, Aust Marquee free.
    Jerks - 3, no marquees.
    Glory - 2, both marquees.
    Wellington - 4, no marquees.
    Last edited by pv4; 03-08-2015 at 02:20 PM.
    OK

Quote Originally Posted by white city View Post
    Get Mahmoud and then Abbas back from Sydney.

Gee I hope whoever the 2 incoming visas are as good as/hopefully better than leaky and the Serb

Collins John is free and did spend a good 5 years at Fulham (miller's mate?)

Matt Simon to Syd FC on a 1 year deal... Even more of a reason to hate him

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by tomo View Post
    Matt Simon to Syd FC on a 1 year deal... Even more of a reason to hate him
    so cuntney has has another aids ridden pos wearing the blue. some things never change

Evan kostopoulos and Alex smith now trialling this week in case anyone hasn't read the herald today.
    Kostopoulos winger/striker that got let go when gombau took over and brought in his spaniards. I thought he had potential but alas gombau had to make room.
    I think most people know about smith. Wiki has him scoring 45 goals from 44 games at fnq fury the last couple of season. Can play anywhere in the front 2/3rds basically.

De Vries still on trial?

Seems odd to potentially drop a visa spot on a guy who has reached the stunning heights of NPL and ASB (with some CWC in the mix, of course).

Quote Originally Posted by Grimario View Post
    De Vries still on trial?

Seems odd to potentially drop a visa spot on a guy who has reached the stunning heights of NPL and ASB (with some CWC in the mix, of course).
    He started upfront for the B team in the game in Armidale

Quote Originally Posted by RAM View Post
    He started upfront for the B team in the game in Armidale
    Did you get to the game? If so, at ground report, please. Make it half as entertaining as MFKS and his Brazil diary and you're onto a winner.