Page 145 of 160 FirstFirst ... 4595135143144145146147155 ... LastLast
Results 2,881 to 2,900 of 3186

Thread: SQUAD FOR 2015/16 SEASON - no Griff, no party

I'm starting to come around to Leonardo. Could of had a couple of assists if triffo wasn't garbage. Triffo and enver definitely gone at seasons end.

Quote Originally Posted by Tommyjet View Post
    I'm starting to come around to Leonardo. Could of had a couple of assists if triffo wasn't garbage. Triffo and enver definitely gone at seasons end.
    Agree, id take the punt on Leos fitness. We are a different team when he is there and we are constantly turning the ball over. He has something that we have been asking for years.

And also agree goodbye trif and enver!
    WE DON'T DO WALKING AWAY !

Quote Originally Posted by leftrightout View Post
    Agree, id take the punt on Leos fitness. We are a different team when he is there and we are constantly turning the ball over. He has something that we have been asking for years.

I tend to disagree with Leo. I don't think he has the heart for the battle, which is a trait Miller wants in his team. Given his fitness concerns, I think he will leave. I also get a suspicion he isn't happy here. What keeps me from 100% saying "go" is that he's the most creative player we've had since Carle. In saying that,, Nordstrand was picking out some good passes last night - One in particular for Milos to fluff.

I'm still not convinced by Milos and haven't made a decision either way. What we want in our front 3 is speed and mobility. Neither of which he has. If he was deadly i'd have no issue - but he's not. At best he's an Option B from the bench and that's not a luxury you can afford on Visa spot.

Enver is frustrating me to no end. He's solid but that's about it. I wouldn't re-sign.
    Quote Originally Posted by Grimario View Post
    Great. He's gone from Liaoning Whowin to Newcastle Wholose.
    The Championship Chronicles - The Jetstream's review of the 2007/08 season. www.newcastlefootball.net/chronicles

Quote Originally Posted by Jeterpool View Post
    I tend to disagree with Leo. I don't think he has the heart for the battle, which is a trait Miller wants in his team. Given his fitness concerns, I think he will leave. I also get a suspicion he isn't happy here. What keeps me from 100% saying "go" is that he's the most creative player we've had since Carle. In saying that,, Nordstrand was picking out some good passes last night - One in particular for Milos to fluff.

I'm still not convinced by Milos and haven't made a decision either way. What we want in our front 3 is speed and mobility. Neither of which he has. If he was deadly i'd have no issue - but he's not. At best he's an Option B from the bench and that's not a luxury you can afford on Visa spot.

Enver is frustrating me to no end. He's solid but that's about it. I wouldn't re-sign.
    Well said. I agree with all of this..

Quote Originally Posted by leftrightout View Post

I meant that I was coming around to accepting that he is worthy of wearing the jersey this season. His injury history and flimsy temperament make him too much of a risk for next season.

Too much relies on if we get new owners and then how much those owners are looking to spend. Ideal scenario is we get a new owners who will splash the cash. I would let Trif and Enver go and try and get Poljak out of the last year of his contract. Marquee player as a Number 6, a Michael Carrick type would be unbelievable (off contract this year) but if not bring back Holland or Chris Herd and try and sign Lustica for depth. Piss Watson off. Id try and get Clut from Brisbane too but at this stage I would keep Nobby and Leo if under the cap. New Striker (Young Aussie if playing Nobby as first choice No. 9 or Foriener if playing him wide) and get a new left back. (Foreign or local).

Then Make a play for Rhys Williams and either let Mullen go or keep him as cover depending on cap space. Also need one or two attacking wide players (Maybe a foreign player or two dependent on the striker and left back positions)

Poljak is one of our best players IMO and easily my favourite.
    OK

Also worth noting Poljak will become a Strayan citizen either next year or the one after.
    OK

Quote Originally Posted by The Camel View Post
    Too much relies on if we get new owners and then how much those owners are looking to spend. Ideal scenario is we get a new owners who will splash the cash. I would let Trif and Enver go and try and get Poljak out of the last year of his contract. Marquee player as a Number 6, a Michael Carrick type would be unbelievable (off contract this year) but if not bring back Holland or Chris Herd and try and sign Lustica for depth. Piss Watson off. Id try and get Clut from Brisbane too but at this stage I would keep Nobby and Leo if under the cap. New Striker (Young Aussie if playing Nobby as first choice No. 9 or Foriener if playing him wide) and get a new left back. (Foreign or local).

Then Make a play for Rhys Williams and either let Mullen go or keep him as cover depending on cap space. Also need one or two attacking wide players (Maybe a foreign player or two dependent on the striker and left back positions)
    If i had Rhys Williams id play him DM in the a-league
    WE DON'T DO WALKING AWAY !

Williams is going to Perth. I don't see him playing anywhere else in the HAL.

Also, what's with all the Devante Clut hype on this forum? He can barely get game time at Roar, he obviously has talent but he isn't the second coming of Griff... Why are we hunting down backups for next season?

I want some Chinese owners and then they can bring some of the quality players being pushed out of the Chinese Super League by all these money hunting imports. That said, i know nothing what so ever about the CSL so i have no idea if they have anyone worth a visa spot who would be available.
    I do it just for you. My goal in life is to have a quote in someone's signature.

Anyone heard of Brad Inman? He's a midfielder playing league one but is a solid footballer

Contracted till June of this year, could be worth making a play at if someone like Holland falls through

Quote Originally Posted by Mark325 View Post
    Anyone heard of Brad Inman? He's a midfielder playing league one but is a solid footballer

Contracted till June of this year, could be worth making a play at if someone like Holland falls through
    He is a very different sort of player to Holland. Plays in the No. 10 or wide attacking midfield roles.

Quote Originally Posted by The Camel View Post
    He is a very different sort of player to Holland. Plays in the No. 10 or wide attacking midfield roles.
    Is also in decent goal scoring form isn't he?

Personally I think Leo is nearly as lazy as Devon head was, he hardly tracks back, especially when he looses the ball and his blow ups at others are just petulant.....but if we do keep him we need a striker with speed....like an Archie Thompson type...we play the ball through the lines, not really that good at playing a target man type.

Enver does my head in! Every time he should put his foot through one and shoot, he tries to beat the defender 5times only to lose it and when he needs to cross he usually hits the other side line.....bye bye for me.

From the squad we have we need to strengthen left full back, defensive mid, attacking mid, striker and a wide player...oh yeah throw money at birraz.....not much to ask for with the funds available.

Quote Originally Posted by redwah View Post
    Personally I think Leo is nearly as lazy as Devon head was, he hardly tracks back, especially when he looses the ball and his blow ups at others are just petulant.....but if we do keep him we need a striker with speed....like an Archie Thompson type...we play the ball through the lines, not really that good at playing a target man type..
    True. Skill is great but if you don't work hard... or at least work at all, then you're always going to be a liability. Leo seems like a good option off the bench, when other teams legs are tiring he would kill them. But he can't play 90 minutes and offers nothing in defense. Not worthy of a visa spot.

Plus, as someone alluded to earlier, he has never seemed happy to be here. Gets stroppy when he gets subbed.
    I do it just for you. My goal in life is to have a quote in someone's signature.

Why do people keep mentioning James Holland? Bloke is starting for Duisburg in Bundesliga 2. Why the **** would he come back here?

Quote Originally Posted by A.J. View Post
    Why do people keep mentioning James Holland? Bloke is starting for Duisburg in Bundesliga 2. Why the **** would he come back here?
    glad someone said it

Quote Originally Posted by A.J. View Post
    Yeah realistically speaking he's probably not gonna come back here, I think people are saying him as a good example of what we should be looking for, we need a player with that much quality, or the quality of a player like Corona in the midfield.

At the same time, Uga isn't a Socceroo or an international, but I don't think anyone would replace him as he is doing good shit as a midfielder, so in some ways I think we could be smart trying to get someone like Lustica who is very similar to Uga.

Quote Originally Posted by Mark325 View Post
    Yeah realistically speaking he's probably not gonna come back here, I think people are saying him as a good example of what we should be looking for, we need a player with that much quality, or the quality of a player like Corona in the midfield.

At the same time, Uga isn't a Socceroo or an international, but I don't think anyone would replace him as he is doing good shit as a midfielder, so in some ways I think we could be smart trying to get someone like Lustica who is very similar to Uga.
    Lustica is technically very good and as such is a good impact player off the bench. Big question mark though over his ability to play / concentrate for 90 mins.]

He's been tested by the market and no other club has been willing to commit to him long term.

A player with Lusicas technical ability that was capable of putting in a solid 90mins every week I'd definetly sign though.

Quote Originally Posted by The Dunster View Post
    Lustica is technically very good and as such is a good impact player off the bench. Big question mark though over his ability to play / concentrate for 90 mins.]

He's been tested by the market and no other club has been willing to commit to him long term.

A player with Lusicas technical ability that was capable of putting in a solid 90mins every week I'd definetly sign though.
    I think Lustica given some extended runs in a starting role could prove his worth.

Brisbane have a good number of players coming off contract honestly. Guys like Lustica, Clut, Henrique and Donachie are all good players, Henrique now that he's an Australian citizen would be a great pick-up, he's scored six off the bench so in a season were he starts and hopefully stays healthy he would be a gun signing