Page 91 of 160 FirstFirst ... 41818990919293101141 ... LastLast
Results 1,801 to 1,820 of 3186

Thread: SQUAD FOR 2015/16 SEASON - no Griff, no party

Im still a big fan of cooper and im sure he will have alot to offer down the track. I dont believe he is good enough for a starting spot, but does well off the bench.

The biggest problem I see with cooper is with his first touch off a hard pass. too often will he have a large touch exposing the ball to the opposition. when his touch is small, hes able to keep his body between the defender and the ball. and when he does do this he normally sets up something.

Wouldnt take too much to correct this.

Jets are back on the market. Talks with Thompson have broken down

Quote Originally Posted by tomo View Post
    Jets are back on the market. Talks with Thompson have broken down

St. Pauli IN

Con

Dunno, this eff effa ayy mob seem to be running things alright
    Middleby Gone

Lawrie Out

so the rumours will now start that flores could be the injury replacement for haliti. I like flores but just think his best days are behind him now and he struggles to stay fit

i look back on that game against WS where he scored that outrageous backheel and rocked one off the crossbar and think what might of been, then i cry

Issue is he wants to play in attacking mid, which is already covered and his finishing rate isn't high enough to warrant him being a back-up striker. Still a good player and a good bloke but we should be looking elsewhere or at the very least subbing on the young dudes we have like Brennan or Pav to see how they go

Flores is a visa player. We've got enough of them
    Quote Originally Posted by Grimario View Post
    Great. He's gone from Liaoning Whowin to Newcastle Wholose.
    The Championship Chronicles - The Jetstream's review of the 2007/08 season. www.newcastlefootball.net/chronicles

Quote Originally Posted by Mark325 View Post
    Issue is he wants to play in attacking mid, which is already covered and his finishing rate isn't high enough to warrant him being a back-up striker. Still a good player and a good bloke but we should be looking elsewhere or at the very least subbing on the young dudes we have like Brennan or Pav to see how they go
    He's better than Cooper for the attacking mid off the bench role... I don't exactly see Leonardo quaking in his boots at the possibility of losing his starting spot to Mitch, that's for sure.

Not that we have a visa spot anyway.

Quote Originally Posted by Jeterpool View Post
    Flores is a visa player. We've got enough of them
    I know of a certain Uruguayan who could get an Australian passport.
    Quote Originally Posted by #fixsmithpark View Post
    I'M GULLIBLE!

Quote Originally Posted by Premy View Post
    At 32yo..and if he's in form, I'd have him.

Quote Originally Posted by Premy View Post
    Who is that?

At the very least I think we should get Flores here for a trial so Miller and JPD can have a good look at him. JPD would no doubt know what he is capable of and knows what he offers as a #10 but I think the main sticking point would be could he provide a decent back-up for Milos as a #9. I think he could, the guy has a decent nose for a goal and is one of those rare players who can conjure something from nothing, as evidenced by that goal against WSW last year and numerous others in his time in the A League.

As far as I'm aware we have 4 visa spots filled, Leaky gee, Milos, Enver and Leonardo so we have one spare.

Quote Originally Posted by stopper2 View Post
    Who is that?

At the very least I think we should get Flores here for a trial so Miller and JPD can have a good look at him. JPD would no doubt know what he is capable of and knows what he offers as a #10 but I think the main sticking point would be could he provide a decent back-up for Milos as a #9. I think he could, the guy has a decent nose for a goal and is one of those rare players who can conjure something from nothing, as evidenced by that goal against WSW last year and numerous others in his time in the A League.

As far as I'm aware we have 4 visa spots filled, Leaky gee, Milos, Enver and Leonardo so we have one spare.
    Poljak is a Croat

Quote Originally Posted by The Camel View Post
    Poljak is a Croat
    Thanks Camel, I Knew that, just off the top of my head forgot about him
    Well unfortunately we are wasting our time then even talking about Flores because we have our maximum of 5 visa players already!

Quote Originally Posted by stopper2 View Post
    Who is that?
    Richard Porta, at a guess.

If we're looking for a realistic injury replacement, I suggest one Nicky Carle.
    Middleby Gone

Lawrie Out

Quote Originally Posted by Thomas477 View Post
    If we're looking for a realistic injury replacement, I suggest one Nicky Carle.
    Could be an interesting one, i think its probably the best solution. Fan favourite at least!

I love the Flores idea, i only wrote last week that i thought Flores would kill it in this team with all the belief we have now. Unfortunately, even though he is available, it doesn't look like an option.

It is nice to not have it as an option though, its been a long time since we havehad our 5 Visa players all fit and in our best 11!
    WE DON'T DO WALKING AWAY !

From Twitter -
    Craig Kerry@craigkerry77 1h1 hour ago
    Former Olyroo and Adelaide right winger Ryan Kitto trialling with @NewcastleJetsFC today @newcastleherald
    anyone know anything about him?.........paging Grimario