Quote Originally Posted by leftrightout View Post
So who is going to come in for Labi?
I can't think of anyone (griff aside) who would be available?

No doubt we will end up with another A-league clubs reject!
Would like to see locals like Luke Remington or Kale Bradbery given at least a trial. Remo was the outstanding player in the NNSW NPL this year and would be a handy player to bring off the bench in the last 20 minutes when the game opens up using his pace. Bradbery who has been the most prolific goalscorer in the last 4-5 seasons of the NNSW state league/NPL offers a bit more versatility as a #9 or wide player and knows his way to goal. Both were in the Jets Youth set-up and deserve a second look at since they were released when they were 19-20 years old. Both are young and fit and hungry to succeed and I feel are better options than say another Nick Ward "washed-up journeyman" type.
Too often we have looked at "injury replacements" as just stop-gap measures, give one of these local guys a chance and if they perform we can sign them on to a contract for next year. I would give one of these local boys a go any day over some of the other names mentioned, such as Bertos, McBreen or R.Griffiths.