Page 102 of 160 FirstFirst ... 25292100101102103104112152 ... LastLast
Results 2,021 to 2,040 of 3186

Thread: SQUAD FOR 2015/16 SEASON - no Griff, no party

Quote Originally Posted by Jeterpool View Post
    Zlatan would
    Dare to Zlatan

Originally Posted by Grimario

He won't make that mistake at Newcastle since our team is full of number 2's.

I would be happy with this
    http://theworldgame.sbs.com.au/artic...league-options

Let's pass the hat around!

Cowburn signs on as a full-time pro, Jackson extends by 1year

https://twitter.com/NewcastleJetsFC/...47133007024129

Quote Originally Posted by WolfMan View Post
    Cowburn signs on as a full-time pro, Jackson extends by 1year

https://twitter.com/NewcastleJetsFC/...47133007024129
    That's about as good as the news is likely to get for us.

Heard a rumour of Corey Brown from Brisbane
    WE DON'T DO WALKING AWAY !

Quote Originally Posted by leftrightout View Post
    Heard a rumour of Corey Brown from Brisbane
    That one has been doing the rounds. Apparently Aloisi has said he is going nowhere. Could be foxing though.

1. Mark Birighitti - 15/16
    3. Jason Hoffman - 15/16
    5. Ben Kantarovski - 15/16
    6. Cameron Watson - 15/16
    7. Enver Alivodic - 15/16
    9. Miloš Trifunović - 15/16
    10. Leonardo - 15/16
    18. Josh Baressi - 15/16
    23. David Carney - 15/16
    25. Brandon Lundy - 15/16
    28. Ryan Kitto - 15/16 (IR)

2. Daniel Mullen - 16/17
    8. Mateo Poljak - 16/17
    11. Labinot Halti - 16/17
    12. Andy Brennan - 16/17
    14. Mitch Cooper - 16/17
    15. Themba Marlow - 16/17
    17. Radan Pavicevic - 16/17
    20. Ben Kennedy - 16/17
    22. Lachlan Jackson - 16/17

4. Nigel Boogaard - 17/18
    24. Nick Cowburn - 17/18

That list is depressing to say the least - it comprises of rookies yet to establish themselves, players that failed to reach their potential, players with major injury woes, Players no other club wanted, state league standard players with managers smarter than jets contract negotiators, and Mitch Cooper who appears to be invisible to the gaffer.

Overall there is absolutely nobody in that squad deserving of anything more than the status of a squad player. if their wages don't reflect that the club needs to get rid of them.
    I wouldn't even negotiate with them. I'd offer them the minimum we are required to pay them and they either accept it or leave.

Totally over our club being the employer of last resort for players too shit to get a contract anywhere else.
    Last edited by The Dunster; 07-01-2016 at 09:44 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by The Dunster View Post
    That list is depressing to say the least - it comprises of rookies yet to establish themselves, players that failed to reach their potential, players with major injury woes, Players no other club wanted, state league standard players with managers smarter than jets contract negotiators, and Mitch Cooper who appears to be invisible to the gaffer.

Overall there is absolutely nobody in that squad deserving of anything more than the status of a squad player. if their wages don't reflect that the club needs to get rid of them.
    I wouldn't even negotiate with them. I'd offer them the minimum we are required to pay them and they either accept it or leave.

Totally over our club being the employer of last resort for players too shit to get a contract anywhere else.
    You are a goose!!!!! What about boogaard, hoffman, carney, plus a few others.

After tonight splash the $420k on John Arne bloke is 35 and would still run rings around blokes
    in the A-League
    Quote Originally Posted by #fixsmithpark View Post
    I'M GULLIBLE!

Australian U23 representative Steven Ugarković has signed till the end of 17/18. A defensive midfielder

Quote Originally Posted by The Postman View Post
    Australian U23 representative Steven Ugarković has signed till the end of 17/18. A defensive midfielder
    Oh good, we will start playing 3x DM's no doubt and be "hard to beat"...

Quote Originally Posted by Premy View Post
    After tonight splash the $420k on John Arne bloke is 35 and would still run rings around blokes
    in the A-League
    Or Louis Garcia. He knows where the goal is.

far out, we bitch about how shit Watson is, we sign a potential replacement and people complain!

Olyroo Steven Ugarković joins Jets

Newcastle Jets’ midfield stocks will soon be bolstered with Australian U23 representative Steven Ugarković linking with Scott Miller’s squad to commence his contract with the club.

Ugarković completed a medical with the Jets earlier this week before flying out to the Middle East with the Olyroos to prepare for the upcoming 2016 AFC U23 Championship in Qatar – a tournament in which Aurelio Vidmar’s team must finish in third place or better to ensure that Australia qualifies for the Rio 2016 Olympics.

Ugarković, 21, has signed with the Jets until the completion of the Hyundai A-League 2016/17 season.

Ugarković has been playing his football in Croatia for the past four years having first linked with first division outfit NK Osijek as a 17-year-old. After progressing through the club’s youth system, Ugarković made over 50 senior league and cup appearances for the men from the Gradski vrt Stadium, and also spent a period on loan with second tier side HNK Gorica.

When his commitments with Australia U23 in Qatar conclude the versatile Baulkham Hills born midfielder will commence a fresh chapter in his club career.

“I have been looking to come home to the A-League,” Ugarković explained. “[Newcastle Jets Head Coach] Scott Miller got in contact with me, and I very much liked what I heard and the direction that the club is going. I have also heard very good things about the coaching staff.”

“They [the Jets] actually got in contact with me at the start of the A-League pre-season. It was hard to make the move back then because I was locked into my contract. But I am glad it has worked out now and I guess it was meant to happen.”

Ugarković said that he views himself as a team player and someone that the club’s Members and supporters can count on to display full commitment each match.

“I play defensive midfield but I can play a bit higher up in the middle,” he said. “I see myself as a versatile player, I have got a high work rate which you expect from someone playing in the middle, and I am happy to do the job for the team that maybe everyone doesn’t see.”

“I have signed an 18-month contract and I am looking to make a name for myself back home, show Australia what I can do and then hopefully move forward from there.”

Ugarković would love nothing more than to arrive at the Jets as an AFC U23 Champion, and with qualification for the Olympics secured.

“There will be a fair bit of pressure on us as a team [in Qatar] given the Socceroos won the AFC Asian Cup last year,” he said.

“Qualifying for the Olympics would be a big, big, big thing. We’re all looking forward to the challenge, we’ve got a good bunch of boys here, a quality team, so we’re looking to do the best we can to qualify and even win the tournament.”

Newcastle Jets Head Coach Miller said Ugarković fits the type of player profile he’s keen to have at the club.

“We really want players representing Australia within our squad,” Miller said. “If we can recruit young players who are at national team level, or develop them into players capable of representing Australia, then that will help take the club and football in Newcastle to the next level.”

“Steven ticks many boxes for us. He is technically very talented, has good distribution and game awareness, and for his age has gained a lot of experience throughout his career by playing in Europe at a strong level and representing Australia in international competition.”

“We’re excited to have him join us for the next 18 months as we continue to rebuild the football club,” he said.

Newcastle Jets Interim Chief Executive Officer Mr David Eland said: “Steven’s signing is reflective of the club’s recruitment strategy. Newcastle Jets are committed to engaging players with the ability to assist the club in achieving its long term objectives, which include being a consistently competitive force in the Hyundai A-League and ultimately securing honours.”
    This is the kind of single by I was hoping miller might be able to make happen.

Young Aussies no ones heard of that ange and the socceroos set up have on their radars.

Just hope he's not a flop like most others we sign seem to be.

Banned
    Oh good, we will start playing 3x DM's no doubt and be "hard to beat"...
    I thought we already had 9 out there

It is Birraz in goals Milos on half way and 9 other blokes in between.

This bloke should add good competition and depth for our 9 other blokes in between position

Quote Originally Posted by belchardo View Post
    far out, we bitch about how shit Watson is, we sign a potential replacement and people complain!
    I would rather we fill positions we currently don't have - striker and attacking mid for example - before we strengthen the areas we have cover for, albeit very weak cover

Quote Originally Posted by GazFish35 View Post
    This is the kind of single by I was hoping miller might be able to make happen.

Young Aussies no ones heard of that ange and the socceroos set up have on their radars.

Just hope he's not a flop like most others we sign seem to be.
    Oi, I've heard of him.

Last time we signed Olyroos, weren't their names Josh and Adam and both got sold for profit? I wouldn't say Chapman or Biraz were bad signings either.

I would rather we fill positions we currently don't have - striker and attacking mid for example - before we strengthen the areas we have cover for, albeit very weak cover
    Could be a sign that some of these DM's we already have are on the way out at the end of the season.

Quote Originally Posted by sammydog View Post
    Could be a sign that some of these DM's we already have are on the way out at the end of the season.
    Good sign if it's Watson. Would like to keep Kanta but if he's on the amount of coin people keep suggesting, he doesn't seem to be worth it unless we can start spending outside the cap on local products. Of all the 15/16 endings, the only one I would really want to keep apart from Kanta is Biraz and Lundy. The rest are either shit or definitely on too much coin.

1. Mark Birighitti - 15/16
    3. Jason Hoffman - 15/16
    5. Ben Kantarovski - 15/16
    6. Cameron Watson - 15/16
    7. Enver Alivodic - 15/16
    9. Miloš Trifunović - 15/16
    10. Leonardo - 15/16
    18. Josh Baressi - 15/16
    23. David Carney - 15/16
    25. Brandon Lundy - 15/16
    28. Ryan Kitto - 15/16 (IR)

2. Daniel Mullen - 16/17