Page 103 of 160 FirstFirst ... 35393101102103104105113153 ... LastLast
Results 2,041 to 2,060 of 3186

Thread: SQUAD FOR 2015/16 SEASON - no Griff, no party

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Grimario View Post
    Oi, I've heard of him.

Last time we signed Olyroos, weren't their names Josh and Adam and both got sold for profit? I wouldn't say Chapman or Biraz were bad signings either.
    Kitto is an Olyroo.

Allegedly

Banned
    Good sign if it's Watson. Would like to keep Kanta but if he's on the amount of coin people keep suggesting, he doesn't seem to be worth it unless we can start spending outside the cap on local products. Of all the 15/16 endings, the only one I would really want to keep apart from Kanta is Biraz and Lundy. The rest are either shit or definitely on too much coin.

1. Mark Birighitti - 15/16
    3. Jason Hoffman - 15/16
    5. Ben Kantarovski - 15/16
    6. Cameron Watson - 15/16
    7. Enver Alivodic - 15/16
    9. Miloš Trifunović - 15/16
    10. Leonardo - 15/16
    18. Josh Baressi - 15/16
    23. David Carney - 15/16
    25. Brandon Lundy - 15/16
    28. Ryan Kitto - 15/16 (IR)

2. Daniel Mullen - 16/17
    8. Mateo Poljak - 16/17
    11. Labinot Halti - 16/17
    12. Andy Brennan - 16/17
    14. Mitch Cooper - 16/17
    15. Themba Marlow - 16/17
    17. Radan Pavicevic - 16/17
    20. Ben Kennedy - 16/17
    22. Lachlan Jackson - 16/17
    ??. Steven Urgakovic - 16/17

4. Nigel Boogaard - 17/18
    24. Nick Cowburn - 17/18
    As for your list there

Obviously we can start shifting some of those on at seasons end whose contract is up by not signing them again

The issue for mine is Millertime needs to be shifting a few of those on in the 16-17 list.

That is where his work is to start thinning them out as quite frankly near all of them are not offering much value as players to us and our predicament

Quote Originally Posted by MFKS View Post
    Kitto is an Olyroo.

Allegedly

He was put on the Olyroos standby list after signing for us... he wasn't before, was he?

As for your list there

Obviously we can start shifting some of those on at seasons end whose contract is up by not signing them again

The issue for mine is Millertime needs to be shifting a few of those on in the 16-17 list.

That is where his work is to start thinning them out as quite frankly near all of them are not offering much value as players to us and our predicament
    Kennedy, Themba and Brennan yeah i agree. But Mullen, Poljak and Jackson definitely keep. If Cooper doesn't improve and start making the first team i think he will move on at seasons end anyway.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jeterpool View Post
    I do it just for you. My goal in life is to have a quote in someone's signature.

Quote Originally Posted by Frodo View Post
    Kennedy, Themba and Brennan yeah i agree. But Mullen, Poljak and Jackson definitely keep. If Cooper doesn't improve and start making the first team i think he will move on at seasons end anyway.
    Why get rid of Brennan? He hasn't even had a chance to do anything in senior side because of injury. I don't see anything remotely worth keeping with Pavicevic, he'd be on my list of attempted get rids.

Banned
    Mullen is a HAL level player and reality is we are paying overs for him anyway.
    Amongst our lot he looks good but reality is he ain't the greatest in the world anyway. I would let him go if possible

Poljak is a waste of a foreigner spot. He ain't bringing anything to the game that an Aussie couldn't do.
    Passing the ball slowly and over the sideline can be done by someone else

Agree on keeping Jackson though

As for the rest of them. All are expendable and non essential MOVING FORWARD

None of you have Griff on your lists it's a ****ing disc-race.

Quote Originally Posted by plague View Post
    None of you have Griff on your lists it's a ****ing disc-race.
    I thought it was a given?

He was put on the Olyroos standby list after signing for us... he wasn't before, was he?
    Yep....what did Aurelio see in him? We don't have better players to put on standby? .....
    Dare to Zlatan

Originally Posted by Grimario

He won't make that mistake at Newcastle since our team is full of number 2's.

Quote Originally Posted by riverboy View Post
    You are a goose!!!!! What about boogaard, hoffman, carney, plus a few others.
    No team will ever win the A-league relying on that trio.

To settle for them is to basically be content with never making the finals again.

Oi, I've heard of him.

Last time we signed Olyroos, weren't their names Josh and Adam and both got sold for profit? I wouldn't say Chapman or Biraz were bad signings either.
    James Holland did ok for us as well. If this blokes of that calibre then Poljak, Watson, and Kanta will essentially be playing for their spots if not careers.

Poljak still has aother year after this to go but based on his performances would be one of the first I'd get rid of. He doesn't bring enough to the team given he's on good money.
    Watson you wouldn't keep at any price.
    Kanta - the club need to roll the dice with and pay him a much lower wage. If he leaves then so be it - tired of this club gambling on long shots or blokes not rising to expectations.
    Last edited by The Dunster; 08-01-2016 at 10:49 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by The Dunster View Post
    James Holland did ok for us as well. If this blokes of that calibre then Poljak, Watson, and Kanta will essentially be playing for their spots if not careers.

Poljak still has aother year after this to go but based on his performances would be one of the first I'd get rid of. He doesn't bring enough to the team given he's on good money.
    Watson you wouldn't keep at any price.
    Kanta - the club need to roll the dice with and pay him a much lower wage. If he leaves then so be it - tired of this club gambling on long shots or blokes not rising to expectations.
    new team needed

Mullen is a HAL level player and reality is we are paying overs for him anyway.
    Amongst our lot he looks good but reality is he ain't the greatest in the world anyway. I would let him go if possible

Poljak is a waste of a foreigner spot. He ain't bringing anything to the game that an Aussie couldn't do.
    Passing the ball slowly and over the sideline can be done by someone else

Agree on keeping Jackson though

As for the rest of them. All are expendable and non essential MOVING FORWARD
    My thinking was Mullen should stay unless we can find someone better, he is capable enough beside Boogard to justify his place in the team compared to other positions we need to improve on. Although i didn't realise we spent a bit of money on him, that's worrying.

Poljak needs someone else in midfield to run things, he is capable enough at winning the ball and moving it between the guys close to him but we need someone better to run the show and transition the ball from defense to attack. I think he would improve enough with a quality player beside him to keep him at this point in time.

I think we pick either Kanta or Poljak to be our ball-winner and release the other. I thought Kanta was earning more than Poljak and just isn't good enough at any position to keep him. (good at many positions but not great at any of them)

I think we need to fix the front four before we start worrying about defense, Our entire front four as well as Cooper and Pav aren't working. We either change personnel or change the system because we are putting round pegs into square holes half the time.
    I do it just for you. My goal in life is to have a quote in someone's signature.

I'd prefer Kanta over Poljak but neither of them at anything over $130k a season.

Here's a video of some of the new guys playing

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=tTyFTtcQ5II

Doesn't look half bad, has a good eye for passes and good range, not afraid to take some shots. Good going forward as well, not afraid to get in amongst it and good defensively. Him and Cowburn in the middle of the park would be interesting, Cowburn and him together are both good defensively but can get amongst it and are good at linking play from defence to attack. Wouldn't be the worst, considering they're both cheaper to give them a run in the middle of the park together and see how good they can play together
    Last edited by Mark325; 08-01-2016 at 02:02 PM.

Banned
    My thinking was Mullen should stay unless we can find someone better, he is capable enough beside Boogard to justify his place in the team compared to other positions we need to improve on. Although i didn't realise we spent a bit of money on him, that's worrying.

Poljak needs someone else in midfield to run things, he is capable enough at winning the ball and moving it between the guys close to him but we need someone better to run the show and transition the ball from defense to attack. I think he would improve enough with a quality player beside him to keep him at this point in time.

I think we pick either Kanta or Poljak to be our ball-winner and release the other. I thought Kanta was earning more than Poljak and just isn't good enough at any position to keep him. (good at many positions but not great at any of them)

I think we need to fix the front four before we start worrying about defense, Our entire front four as well as Cooper and Pav aren't working. We either change personnel or change the system because we are putting round pegs into square holes half the time.
    Now if you think Kanta is better than Poljak but Kanta is not great at any position why are you advocating we choose one of them??
    Either they are a definite keeper or we move on without them. Plenty of other options out there. Why limit ourselves with these two??
    FFS I would prefer Jobe or Zads than these two

As for Mullen you say if we can't find someone better then we keep him.
    Well finding someone better than him on less money is highly achievable as many HAL CD's are better and on less money than him so we move him on too

As for our priority being to fix the attack. We need to fix the whole ****ing club. Not limit ourselves to 4 players

I'll say the same thing I said on one of the fan pages.

Nothing against the new signing, but it screams to me of writing the season off. With over 30 points on offer, why are we bolstering our already young squad with more unproven youth and wasting another squad spot.. Especially as he'll be unavailable to us for a few weeks with olyroo duties.

Put him in after the season, trim some of our younger players coming off contract... But use the January transfer window to find a couple of proven players who c an put the goal in the net... Why write the season totally off at this point.

There will be a shit ton of players off contract at the next transfer window, go do your speculative transfers then, rather than now when we have limited spots available.

What's the story with Themba Marlow ? He's signed until 16/17 and I don't think he's even had a start yet.
    I mean props to Marlow and his Manager for getting him a contract but why pay someone money to not play ? It makes absolutely no sense.
    Last edited by The Dunster; 08-01-2016 at 02:31 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by The Dunster View Post
    I mean props to Marlow and his Manager for getting him a contract but why pay someone money to not play ? It makes absolutely no sense.

Obvs has the same agent as Miller as we seem to be paying that bloke not to coach.

Now if you think Kanta is better than Poljak but Kanta is not great at any position why are you advocating we choose one of them??
    Either they are a definite keeper or we move on without them. Plenty of other options out there. Why limit ourselves with these two??
    FFS I would prefer Jobe or Zads than these two

As for Mullen you say if we can't find someone better then we keep him.
    Well finding someone better than him on less money is highly achievable as many HAL CD's are better and on less money than him so we move him on too

As for our priority being to fix the attack. We need to fix the whole ****ing club. Not limit ourselves to 4 players
    I live in the real world where teams can't cull 15 players in one off season. Also i find it extremely unlikely that we can find not only better players, but ones on cheaper money, who are available to transfer for free (since we don't have an owner to pay for these sorts of things) and who also want to relocate their family/things to Newcastle to come play for us... Once we get over all those hurdles i'll be keen to get rid of every under performing player..

Mullen has been better than Regan/Kew/Mitchell so i say we keep him until we've addressed other problems. Jackson is a solid backup/leftback, Cowburn and 'cringe' Hoffman are good enough to get us clean sheets if we can control the ball better in the middle.

Themba is a curious case.. No one has any idea if he can play so if he can't get a run maybe we should shift him out and just promote some Local Youth players to the bench if we have an injury crisis.

I think Kanta flatters to deceive as a competent midfielder, does a lot of things that show he has potential but has more opportunities than most and still hasn't proved himself as a legitimate talent.

How about we discuss how rubbish Watson is to cheer ourselves up on a Friday afternoon and get ready for more disappointment against Shitney?