Page 106 of 160 FirstFirst ... 65696104105106107108116156 ... LastLast
Results 2,101 to 2,120 of 3186

Thread: SQUAD FOR 2015/16 SEASON - no Griff, no party

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Roundball Enthusiast View Post
    He CAN play, or could play 4-5 months ago? Could be on the down hill slope. Perfect for us.
    He is on the downhill slope??

Give him another 3 years then and he should be just about ripe enough for us.

Far too early for us to sign him. There is still the possibility we could get some value from him

His Wiki page, which is totally reliable... says he only played AFC games at his last club cause he didn't want to play against his former team in the league. He may be unfit then. Perfect for us.

I found this interesting list, i wonder if we could attract any of these guys with the prospect of more international coverage and better lifestyle outside of football?
    https://www.oneworldsports.com/stori...-players-watch
    Quote Originally Posted by Jeterpool View Post
    I do it just for you. My goal in life is to have a quote in someone's signature.

Quote Originally Posted by Tommyjet View Post
    Clut is most definitely a no. 10. Anyone who thinks otherwise should check their facts before commenting
    It's against Jets policy to play anyone in their natural position.

Clut will be converted to a sweeper then be told by the club we don't play a formation that requires a sweeper - and then he will be left out of the playing squad until his contract expires.

Go Jets!

Quote Originally Posted by Roundball Enthusiast View Post
    He CAN play, or could play 4-5 months ago? Could be on the down hill slope. Perfect for us.
    The bloke was class at the Asia cup

Quote Originally Posted by Frodo View Post
    His Wiki page, which is totally reliable... says he only played AFC games at his last club cause he didn't want to play against his former team in the league. He may be unfit then. Perfect for us.

I found this interesting list, i wonder if we could attract any of these guys with the prospect of more international coverage and better lifestyle outside of football?
    https://www.oneworldsports.com/stori...-players-watch
    Mate, you and Carney together rippin cones. Not a chance we can attract any off that list.

Quote Originally Posted by Beeen View Post
    Mate, you and Carney together rippin cones.
    Whackin' off with Foxy in the Essington..

Quote Originally Posted by MFKS View Post
    Glad to see Miller is persisting in his vision and trying to get a squad of 20 Defensive midfielders 1 striker and 2 keepers on the books.

Exactly why after signing the bloke the other day are we still looking for midfielders??

How about someone out wide so that Alividoic bloke who is playing like a busted arsehole can be dropped??
    Or a striker who actually aint a lazy **** and can score goals??
    Or a No 10 who plays games more than 1 in 4??

Or better yet someone so we can **** Carney off to the Arabian Desert ??
    Yep, it's nearly mid-July and our new additions in the Jan Transfer window are a defensive/holding style midfielder (Ugarkovic)...who won't be available for 3 weeks and the promotion from the Youth squad (Cowburn),a centre midfielder/defender. To me these decisions aren't based on a desperate urgency to address the immediate fact that we basically can't score goals. I think if you asked any Jets supporter, 95% would say our priorities are a striker and a #10, as these are 2 positions which are so critical to a teams potency in front of goal and the lack of depth and quality in these 2 positions is easily the worst in the whole A League.
    If another week goes by and we still have not signed either a #9 or a #10, I think every supporter is entitled to ask of Miller and Eland.....
    "WTF is going on?"

#Iran captain Andranik Teymourian has left #QSL side Umm Salal by mutual consent

Benny O on the Twitter "Good player. ⚽️"

But does he play Defensive Mid?

Wikipedia, the source of all knowledge, has him signed for 4 months wiht Qatar SC.

Why haven't we signed John Arne yet? Farken Jerks
    Quote Originally Posted by #fixsmithpark View Post
    I'M GULLIBLE!

Shane smeltz sounds out of favour, thoughts?

Kick the Jets into shape and use an early exit clause to go back home and play for Nix.

Quote Originally Posted by The Dunster View Post
    It's against Jets policy to play anyone in their natural position.

Clut will be converted to a sweeper then be told by the club we don't play a formation that requires a sweeper - and then he will be left out of the playing squad until his contract expires.

Go Jets!
    Yes, been happening for years now, especially in the Youth team. Been well documented with Hoole and Cowburn and many who follow our Youth team know of Pappas (now with Mariners), who was played mainly at RB and CB in his time but he was a CM prior to coming to the Jets.

Another one that probably not many are aware of is current LB in the Youth Ben Hay. Throughout his junior days and then playing for the old NSWIS he was always an attacking player. Could hit the ball with both his left and right peg just as confidently, willing to take on players with pace and strength, good at dead-ball situations too. Could basically play anywhere in the front third, out wide or centrally and even deeper as a #8.
    This kid came to the Jets Youth at 16 as a rough diamond with the potential to develop into one of or best attacking players with the right coaching and people with the knowledge and know-how to get him up to the next level. Likes of Pascoe and GVE convert him to a LB where he has "developed" for the past 3 years and it's a shame we will never find out how good this kid could have been.

Quote Originally Posted by Smeezyy View Post
    Should sign Bridgey up but.
    Didn't realise this but quietly it seems Bridgey has left these shores for good....

http://www.chroniclelive.co.uk/sport...-star-10715856

Quote Originally Posted by Jetmaster View Post
    Didn't realise this but quietly it seems Bridgey has left these shores for good....

I hope people now realise that he always was in it for himself (which really is his own perogative). I think his goal here in Newy was to eventually be the head coach but I think in the end he had his fingers in "too many pies" so to speak and I think a lot of people were starting to find out his true character which was quite different from the one portrayed by his buddies in the media. Newcastle Jets Legend....pffttt!

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Jetmaster View Post

I reckon there must be one bloke in the West Lakes of Gypo doing cartwheels in the streets at the moment

5 5 5

Speaking of that bloke where is he hiding these days??

Still working on the Sheep Quiz answers I hope

5 5 5

Quote Originally Posted by MFKS View Post
    I reckon there must be one bloke in the West Lakes of Gypo doing cartwheels in the streets at the moment

5 5 5

Speaking of that bloke where is he hiding these days??

Still working on the Sheep Quiz answers I hope

5 5 5
    hahaha..
    I believe that fatherhood has him pretty damn busy atm..
    That and his beloved gypsies have been winning a few games lately..

Fatherhood in Gypoland means six kids to six different mothers....would have you running around for sure.

Apparently we were after Lustica as well as Clut. Not exactly sure if this was prior to signing Urgakovic or in the past few days. If after signing Urgakovic they are pursuing Lustica then can only assume maybe someone (Watson?) is going to be released or they have no farken clue!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Jeterpool View Post
    That's disappointing. I wonder if the player is keen whether he or his agent can put pressure on the Roar?

Reading the article on TWG it sounds like they are going to be very picky about what's best for his development. I doubt we'd see him.

We have Cooper and Baressi and we don't use them for whatever reason, deciding instead to play a winger out of position. That could discourage them.
    I don't see us keeping nearly any of our attacking mids come next season. Leonardo is injured too much, no coach would keep a player who can't keep his fitness up. Baressi still hasn't got a run in the one and a half seasons he's been here and there's no signs of that changing. Cooper hardly gets a run as is, wouldn't be surprised to see him leave before his contract is up, which even with Clut on the books would be a big mistake. Kitto is playing out of position so shouldn't even be considered here but he's been terrible at attacking mid and got shafted at half time last game so I don't see his run in that position lasting too much longer. Essentially, by the time we get Clut I'd say we won't really have anyone to contend with him.