Page 124 of 160 FirstFirst ... 2474114122123124125126134 ... LastLast
Results 2,461 to 2,480 of 3186

Thread: SQUAD FOR 2015/16 SEASON - no Griff, no party

Quote Originally Posted by lquiquer View Post
    all headers (or penalties) because he's got nothing else......keep dreaming
    Yeah because headers & penalties aren't worth as many points as other goals.

Headers and penalties won't get us in top 6.... Band aid football if you ask me
    Dare to Zlatan

Originally Posted by Grimario

He won't make that mistake at Newcastle since our team is full of number 2's.

all well and good but if Morten doesn't get any service either Trif will remain the unchallenged leading scorer this season...
    Life isn't the same without Con... but it can only improve without Tinks...

Quote Originally Posted by lquiquer View Post
    Headers and penalties won't get us in top 6.... Band aid football if you ask me
    We need at least 2 players to get into double figures to give us any chance to make the semi's

Quote Originally Posted by foti68 View Post
    We need at least 2 players to get into double figures to give us any chance to make the semi's
    If Adelaide win tomorrow, any glimmer of hope of making semis is gone. Aim should be solely on finishing above the scum

I've been thinking more about Dave Carney's situation. It's quite similar to the sackings that went on last year - the obvious difference being that Carney is still employed.

We are all assuming he won't play for us again. I don't think that can be implied from the Jets press release however. He might, but I highly doubt it.

Carney, rightfully, wants to secure a playing future for himself and he doesn't see that happening at the Jets. Miller wants players to be 100% committed to the club. But if the club can't, or won't, give carney commitment beyond this year, do you blame him for having his head turned? That screams of hypocrisy to me. Or perhaps they've told him he won't be needed and this is his chance to get a run in the ACL which he missed out on in S2. I've got no idea.

The jets have this time got on the front foot. They've played this scenario better and have the support of the majority of fans. Perhaps they've learnt from last year's fiasco. They've painted Carney as the bad guy for wanting to go to Sydney FC and in such abandoning the cause. Carney's management haven't helped that either - it played into the Jets hands.

There are only two outcomes here. A suitable trade is reached Or Carney goes back to his familiar corner from last year and does laps around Kasey Wehrman oval.
    Quote Originally Posted by Grimario View Post
    Great. He's gone from Liaoning Whowin to Newcastle Wholose.
    The Championship Chronicles - The Jetstream's review of the 2007/08 season. www.newcastlefootball.net/chronicles

Quote Originally Posted by Tommyjet View Post
    If Adelaide win tomorrow, any glimmer of hope of making semis is gone. Aim should be solely on finishing above the scum
    The way they carved up Wellington yesterday, and with us having to face them in Gosford twice more this season (a place we have only ever won once) I think we have a massive challenge on our hands. A more realistic option might end up be finishing ahead of the Nix
    The Championship Chronicles - The Jetstream's review of the 2007/08 season. www.newcastlefootball.net/chronicles

Quote Originally Posted by foti68 View Post
    We've only ever had two players finish in double figures for a season. Both times they won the golden boot

Quote Originally Posted by Jeterpool View Post
    The way they carved up Wellington yesterday, and with us having to face them in Gosford twice more this season (a place we have only ever won once) I think we have a massive challenge on our hands. A more realistic option might end up be finishing ahead of the Nix
    that would require winning another game though

I've been thinking more about Dave Carney's situation. It's quite similar to the sackings that went on last year - the obvious difference being that Carney is still employed.

We are all assuming he won't play for us again. I don't think that can be implied from the Jets press release however. He might, but I highly doubt it.

Carney, rightfully, wants to secure a playing future for himself and he doesn't see that happening at the Jets. Miller wants players to be 100% committed to the club. But if the club can't, or won't, give carney commitment beyond this year, do you blame him for having his head turned? That screams of hypocrisy to me. Or perhaps they've told him he won't be needed and this is his chance to get a run in the ACL which he missed out on in S2. I've got no idea.

The jets have this time got on the front foot. They've played this scenario better and have the support of the majority of fans. Perhaps they've learnt from last year's fiasco. They've painted Carney as the bad guy for wanting to go to Sydney FC and in such abandoning the cause. Carney's management haven't helped that either - it played into the Jets hands.

There are only two outcomes here. A suitable trade is reached Or Carney goes back to his familiar corner from last year and does laps around Kasey Wehrman oval.
    If it doesn't go through he wouldn't be the first player to miss out on a deal they wanted. I don't know that if he stays he would necessarily be banished. If he shows some degree of professionalism (I get the sense that its not one of his strong points in general however) I think Miller is enough of a pragmatists to know that he can benefit the team. His removal form the squad for today means that either the deal is done, or that we are trying to show Sydney that we wont be bossed around (which inveitably we will at the end of the day)

You've summed up the situation spot on mate. I just feel that the whole situation could've been avoided if Carney, Miller, Eland and Carney's manager had got together and sorted out a solution behind closed doors....as most other professional clubs would have done. I can see both sides of the argument but the end result has been a lose-lose situation for both club and player.

Said it weeks ago that we forget the six, we are in another battle to avoid the spoon. A few on here had already written off the Scum and were saying it was theirs. Only four points behind us now with 10 games to play and as you say Jeterpool...we still have to go down to Gosford twice.
    We can only hope that Ugarkovic and Nordstrand can make a big impact!!!

Quote Originally Posted by stopper2 View Post
    You've summed up the situation spot on mate. I just feel that the whole situation could've been avoided if Carney, Miller, Eland and Carney's manager had got together and sorted out a solution behind closed doors....as most other professional clubs would have done. I can see both sides of the argument but the end result has been a lose-lose situation for both club and player.
    Thanks.

And playing devils advocate, perhaps they have tried to sort it out but it couldn't be resolved or the outcome was unsatisfactory to one of the parties...hence we are here.

I agree with you and can also see both sides of the argument. What has left me disappointed is that out club has been dragged through the mud again with another public falling out with a player.

A positive, however, is us giving the big f-u to Sydney and sticking to our guns by saying "you want our player, duly compensate us by giving us X & Y players otherwise no deal". Miller is right - we hold all the cards here
    Last edited by Jeterpool; 31-01-2016 at 01:33 PM.

I agree with most of this, although I'm not seeing the hypocrisy. If the Jets aren't ready to commit to another deal, then Carney needs to keep working & playing and the contract will come, either here or elsewhere. I don't like comparing football to a normal workplace but if you're on a temporary contract, you don't stop working halfway through and demand a new one. If anything, you work harder to make sure it comes.

I think his agent has stirred the pot and possibly to his clients detriment as they probably thought they had the Jets over a barrel like previous players, but credit to Miller for staying tough (so far). I won't miss Carney next season, our future shouldn't be relying on him as the go to player anyway.

And let's face it, what has he actually done for us? He's scored a few, set up a few, but reality is we've won a spoon and look the goods for a second, he's hardly a matchwinner.

Quote Originally Posted by GazFish35 View Post
    Unfortunately recent events have led the club to determine that at this point in time Carney is not 100 per cent committed to representing Newcastle Jets.

Quick question was this quote direct from the club or a journo interprating it?

Quote Originally Posted by plague View Post
    Quick question was this quote direct from the club or a journo interprating it?
    Club

Quote Originally Posted by halo se7en View Post
    And let's face it, what has he actually done for us? He's scored a few, set up a few, but reality is we've won a spoon and look the goods for a second, he's hardly a matchwinner.
    You could pretty much say this about any player or member of the coaching staff this year except they don't get the 'scored a few set up a few' bit.

Carney is the least of the Jets problems.

At the moment he is a pretty big problem.

Club
    What a weak ass bunch of bitches that club is.

Don't worry about Carney. We will give him to Sydney in exchange for two under 12 players with injury concerns