Page 134 of 160 FirstFirst ... 3484124132133134135136144 ... LastLast
Results 2,661 to 2,680 of 3186

Thread: SQUAD FOR 2015/16 SEASON - no Griff, no party

Quote Originally Posted by Wilso8948 View Post
    In my opinion ending up paying overs for some of Sydney's rejects would have been the poorer of the two options.
    This is a good opinion.

We will never know the true story but looking in from the outside it is probably not hard to get an image for what really did go on.

Carney has had how many clubs now? No one will ever begrudge anyone for taking care of their families and looking out for the best bottom line which, as a footballer with limited earning potential, is always going to be a big reason as to why players move on. What rankles is the bs that poured out over dec/jan. This mystery Qatari interest was obviously nothing.

Look at the upside, we played significantly better on Sunday against Adelaide and took the game to the in-form Reds. This, without boogard and carney, spoke volumes for the fact we actually deserved a point out of the game.

If Miller/JP had inherited last seasons squad.. Griffiths, Neumann, Flores, Montano.. I am sure our position on the table would be different.

The other upside is that this will free up nearly 12% of the cap. Just think about that for even a second. Was carney that good?! HELL NO!

Eland's comments reinforce for me that Carney and his agent have been acting like knobs behind the scenes. Being told that a contract would be negotiated at seasons end and being told it would be rightfully reduced is fine. It all then came down to the fact that Carney's committment to a club is measured in dollars.
    Still angry that we got screwed over with the deal though....not good enough.

And apart from media comments...did anyone from the club indicate he was not a part of future plans? This is something the Carney lovers (including Griff), have been playing on.

Quote Originally Posted by Jetmaster View Post
    And apart from media comments...did anyone from the club indicate he was not a part of future plans? This is something the Carney lovers (including Griff), have been playing on.
    This.

ive heard a few times that Miller said something but never seen it personally just heresay and ive heard that Carney was trying to take over the training sessions and some of the squad wernt getting along with him anymore but again thats heresay

There were a couple of comments he made after the Wellington game along the lines of.. It was my idea to change to 442 formation and clearly it worked.. etc. I remember it was in the post match interview with fox

Quote Originally Posted by Wilso8948 View Post
    There were a couple of comments he made after the Wellington game along the lines of.. It was my idea to change to 442 formation and clearly it worked.. etc. I remember it was in the post match interview with fox
    Carney or Miller said that?
    Quote Originally Posted by Grimario View Post
    Great. He's gone from Liaoning Whowin to Newcastle Wholose.
    The Championship Chronicles - The Jetstream's review of the 2007/08 season. www.newcastlefootball.net/chronicles

Carney.. It was something along the lines of "I've been saying to the manager for a while now we need to move to a 442 and it worked today". Not exact words but I do remember thinking jeez that's a bit outspoken

oh well I guess if any of the other 20 blokes we have on contract want to leave they can, its obvious we are willing to bend over.
    Quote Originally Posted by militiamon View Post
    Body gets Stretch drunk, miracle occurs.

Hail Body!

ROFL, enjoy the traffic Cabbage.

Leave us the Hotdog cart and don't forget to wear a hat under those bright lights.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jeterpool View Post
    I do it just for you. My goal in life is to have a quote in someone's signature.

Quote Originally Posted by BodyNovo View Post
    oh well I guess if any of the other 20 blokes we have on contract want to leave they can, its obvious we are willing to bend over.
    Welcome to Football BodyNovo. If you don't want to play somewhere your agent will find a way to get you out of there.

The only problem here is the fact that the FFA doesn't allow transfer fees between clubs. Even a measly $100k would've done.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jeterpool View Post
    I do it just for you. My goal in life is to have a quote in someone's signature.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by lquiquer View Post
    I can see your point but what piss me off is: Why Jerks don't come out and say from the start...."Thank you David, we not prepared to offer you a contract for next year. U free to go if you wish". No instead they take everybody for a ride (including 9K members) with shit like: We are in control here, u get Carney if we get 2 of your players, then it's Carney or Hoole......all crap talk as usual...... Quite frankly I'm just about done with jerks.....
    I really don't see exactly what the club can do in this situation.

The power rests with the player who is out of contract soon

Carney has just used his bargaining power well to get what he wanted.

I severely doubt the Jets were even gonna offer him a new deal at all. Even if they did I could see it on reduced coin which obviously was not gonna sit well with Carney

If they waited to end of season and kept him here for 10 more games we have him causing disharmony amongst the group.
    If we give him away now for nothing the club cops a pasting on social media from the fans

The club tried to get a player deal in exchange, Reality is I think all they wanted was Hoole to come home.

When he was reluctant or the costs got out of hand they pulled the pin on that plan.

As for taking other Smurfs players. Firstly Arnie is not gonna let us have Dmitrejevic Ninkovic Brosque etc Secondly then you are looking at his squaddies. Why do they want to come here, why do we want to sign them and how much OTT are their wages gonna be.

To me we had **** all bargaining power at all

Smurfs held a little and stood their ground

When midnight struck and he was not let go we had the problem of paying his wages for the next few months with an unhappy camper in the midst

We tried to bluff it wasn't bought we cut our losses salvaged something from the situation and move on.

The club may well have actually got the best deal out of this they could.

As for the clubs comments through the press. It is all bullshit talk anyway. to me the writing was on the wall 2 weeks ago Carney was not wanted and was gonna be on his way and the club has seen this coming and just can't be seen to come out lubricate their arse with vaso bend over and wear it.

Quote in the Herald today saying he was told he WAS part of club's plans but with financial restrictions in place (From FFA i assume), he would have to take a pay cut. This cuts in two ways for me:

- FFA: sort us out. This is a joke.

- Carney: Was it only ever about the $$$ for you? I know Footballers need to look after themselves financially, but after last years song and dance, this grates with me a little. After what happened last year with Stubbins, I'm not sure any other clubs would have afforded him the same opportunity. Loyalty is a two-way street.

Quote Originally Posted by Frodo View Post
    Welcome to Football BodyNovo. If you don't want to play somewhere your agent will find a way to get you out of there.

The only problem here is the fact that the FFA doesn't allow transfer fees between clubs. Even a measly $100k would've done.
    perfect example for me

lewandowski last year of Dortmund contract. Bayern wanted him and they were willing to offer a fee (fair enough Sydney couldn't do this) Dortmund weighed up lewandowskis output against letting him leave for money (so for us its the extra 80k on the books). They decided that they didn't want to benefit a rival and lewandowskis output would be larger on the field then any fee for the last 12 months.

Carney while lazy is our best attacking player, I hate admitting it but its true. He has been involved in 80-90% of our goals. We have basically just admitted to the members and fans that this season is over and thanks for your money.

The club took the fans for a ride as well, telling everyone they were in a position of power.
    Quote Originally Posted by militiamon View Post
    Body gets Stretch drunk, miracle occurs.

Hail Body!

Quote Originally Posted by howardyou View Post
    Quote in the Herald today saying he was told he WAS part of club's plans but with financial restrictions in place (From FFA i assume), he would have to take a pay cut. This cuts in two ways for me:

- FFA: sort us out. This is a joke.

- Carney: Was it only ever about the $$$ for you? I know Footballers need to look after themselves financially, but after last years song and dance, this grates with me a little. After what happened last year with Stubbins, I'm not sure any other clubs would have afforded him the same opportunity. Loyalty is a two-way street.
    Not to mention as Borat reminded us, before he came here he was doing sweet FA for 18 months.

Would love nothing more than to see him do an ACL next week and have to retire.
    Quote Originally Posted by #fixsmithpark View Post
    I'M GULLIBLE!

I'll say it a thousands times if Ihave to. FFA and FFA only are the reasonwhy we are in this mess.
    Quote Originally Posted by #fixsmithpark View Post
    I'M GULLIBLE!

We have basically just admitted to the members and fans that this season is over and thanks for your money.

The club took the fans for a ride as well, telling everyone they were in a position of power.
    Taking their Members for a ride is in Jerks DNA (lies failure arrogance)
    Dare to Zlatan

Originally Posted by Grimario

He won't make that mistake at Newcastle since our team is full of number 2's.

Carney and his agent have acted like mercenaries that much is clear. Eland's comment that 12 months ago Carney insisted the club see out his contract yet then wants to walk when it suits him rings very true. Carney should have negotiated a deal with SFC for next season, as is his right, but played out his contract with us. Instead he snaked around and weaseled his way out of his contract.

But in saying that the club have made major mistakes in my opinion.

First the public statement they made when omitting Carney from the Adelaide game. It was true Carney was not committed and had already negotiated his deal with SFC, but publically to question his professionalism backed us into a corner. There was no turning back from there. The club should have said that Carney was omitted while discussions were ongoing. Simple, short and to the point. Privately what they really thought should have remained private while contracted to the Jets.

The second, of course, is after insisting that we would get a player swap to back down all for 80k is a joke. If the Jets could not get the players they wanted they should have just kept Carney. Instead they strengthen a rival and send a message to every player in the squad and other club that we can pushed around and stripped of our players whenever it suits them. All for 80k. What happens next time when its a younger player we want to keep. If we had of held firm, I beleive Arnie would have made it clearer to Hoole/Naumoff that he was willing to sacrifice them for Carney. Instead Arnie knew we would roll and we did not disappoint.

perfect example for me

lewandowski last year of Dortmund contract. Bayern wanted him and they were willing to offer a fee (fair enough Sydney couldn't do this) Dortmund weighed up lewandowskis output against letting him leave for money (so for us its the extra 80k on the books). They decided that they didn't want to benefit a rival and lewandowskis output would be larger on the field then any fee for the last 12 months.

Carney while lazy is our best attacking player, I hate admitting it but its true. He has been involved in 80-90% of our goals. We have basically just admitted to the members and fans that this season is over and thanks for your money.

Can tell you that if Carney was forced to stay his output would sure as shit be a lot less then the $80k he was going to be paid. The bloke is average at best. Signs for a rival that we don't play again this season. Hell he may even keep us off the bottom of the table if he's such the player you keep banging on about. If you're happy to say that David Carney is the highest paid player and best performer at your club then have fun at the bottom of the table for many more years to come. He'll be past his best next season aswell.

I do agree with you though that the club has basically waved the white flag this season. I for one am not too upset as I've always reserved my judgement for Miller and co until next season (although this was under the impression we'd at least have an owner by now)