Page 135 of 160 FirstFirst ... 3585125133134135136137145 ... LastLast
Results 2,681 to 2,700 of 3186

Thread: SQUAD FOR 2015/16 SEASON - no Griff, no party

Quote Originally Posted by borat View Post
    The second, of course, is after insisting that we would get a player swap to back down all for 80k is a joke. If the Jets could not get the players they wanted they should have just kept Carney. Instead they strengthen a rival and send a message to every player in the squad and other club that we can pushed around and stripped of our players whenever it suits them. All for 80k. What happens next time when its a younger player we want to keep. If we had of held firm, I beleive Arnie would have made it clearer to Hoole/Naumoff that he was willing to sacrifice them for Carney. Instead Arnie knew we would roll and we did not disappoint.
    The bloke would have become a cancer in the squad. Do you not see how he conducts himself with his own contracts that he would be the exact same snake in and around team mates? There is already talks of a rift between players. In my opinion it isn't about the $80k theyve saved.. It the farce that they have saved themselves from by going into damage control.
    Also you can't just tell a contracted player like Hoole or Naumoff to go elsewhere if they are happy where they are and will not leave.

Its always "next season" though... Coming on 10 years of re-building.

****ing pathetic.

Carney had to go, we've freed up cap money and a measley $80K. We've got no fresh blood. Carney wasn't anything flash, but he did give us some creativity and a bit of quality that we lack. We now have a squad of youngsters who aren't up to it and mature players who are squadies or injury prone (no judgment on the Dane yet). What a way to finish the season.

Need a big turnaround in the off-season with some quality coming in, but this has been the case for years and never really happens. No doubt we'll pick up some AIS kids and some HAL rejects and cobble together a mediocre at best 2016/17 finish of 10th to 6th. Fun times.

Quote Originally Posted by borat View Post
    The second, of course, is after insisting that we would get a player swap to back down all for 80k is a joke. If the Jets could not get the players they wanted they should have just kept Carney. Instead they strengthen a rival and send a message to every player in the squad and other club that we can pushed around and stripped of our players whenever it suits them. All for 80k. What happens next time when its a younger player we want to keep. If we had of held firm, I beleive Arnie would have made it clearer to Hoole/Naumoff that he was willing to sacrifice them for Carney. Instead Arnie knew we would roll and we did not disappoint.
    I don't agree with this at all. Would you rather strengthen a "rival" or weaken our own squad? Because those are your 2 choices. Keeping him only had 1 outcome and it was entirely negative for us and Cabbage.

We lose if we keep him because, unless the entire squad hates him, once players see him training by himself they will start to pick sides and some form of mutiny will happen like last year. At least this way we keep the harmony of the squad and get a little bit of money. I think if this means Crowley, Pav or Brennan get a run in the side and some game time then i'll call it a win for us.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jeterpool View Post
    I do it just for you. My goal in life is to have a quote in someone's signature.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Frodo View Post
    I don't agree with this at all. Would you rather strengthen a "rival" or weaken our own squad? Because those are your 2 choices. Keeping him only had 1 outcome and it was entirely negative for us and Cabbage.

We lose if we keep him because, unless the entire squad hates him, once players see him training by himself they will start to pick sides and some form of mutiny will happen like last year. At least this way we keep the harmony of the squad and get a little bit of money. I think if this means Crowley, Pav or Brennan get a run in the side and some game time then i'll call it a win for us.
    Bang on.

I love bagging these ****s at the club.

This time they have **** all to be held accountable for

Unfortunately in this situation the power is all with Carney and the Smurfs. They are the ones holding the good cards

We were not really in a position to do more than bluff.

We were holding **** all and when we got called on it we folded and took what we could get.

The problem lies we let a player get to the back end of his contract and gave him the opportunity to play the game this way.
    Is it really a problem anyway??

I for one wouldn't keep him as I feel we can get better players than him that cost less.

Up to Millertime now to find them

Sadly enough, there aren't any players coming off contract who if they moved on i would lose any sleep over...

I love how Arnold ****ing owns Miller, first game we played Sydney and Miller tries to him how his team should play, laughable, then Miller tells us his driving the bus during the carney negotiations with Sydney, arnie tells Miller to move over and let a real coach drive, Scot Miller, owned by arnie

Quote Originally Posted by ForeverRed View Post
    I love how Arnold ****ing owns Miller, first game we played Sydney and Miller tries to him how his team should play, laughable, then Miller tells us his driving the bus during the carney negotiations with Sydney, arnie tells Miller to move over and let a real coach drive, Scot Miller, owned by arnie
    Yeah because this was Miller v Arnold and absolutely no other person was involved.

Quote Originally Posted by RAM View Post
    Its always "next season" though... Coming on 10 years of re-building.

****ing pathetic.

Carney had to go, we've freed up cap money and a measley $80K. We've got no fresh blood. Carney wasn't anything flash, but he did give us some creativity and a bit of quality that we lack. We now have a squad of youngsters who aren't up to it and mature players who are squadies or injury prone (no judgment on the Dane yet). What a way to finish the season.

Need a big turnaround in the off-season with some quality coming in, but this has been the case for years and never really happens. No doubt we'll pick up some AIS kids and some HAL rejects and cobble together a mediocre at best 2016/17 finish of 10th to 6th. Fun times.
    The club should of had the balls to sit Carney out for the rest of the season, their not going to spend the 80k next year anyway.

Quote Originally Posted by ForeverRed View Post
    Arnie had di&k all to do with this. Please don't inflate his already overblown ego as a decent coach. Carney wanted to move. Sydney FC said "yeah, if you can get out of your contract we will match your wages". Cabbage had a cry and we said "piss off". He now plays for Sydney. Simples.

Miller also had next to no input in this situation other than saying he isn't in the squad as soon as he said he wanted to go to Sydney. Which was the correct decision it seems both on the weekend and now that he has moved on.
    I do it just for you. My goal in life is to have a quote in someone's signature.

Quote Originally Posted by foti68 View Post
    The club should of had the balls to sit Carney out for the rest of the season, their not going to spend the 80k next year anyway.
    What does that do other than create rifts between players and coaching staff? His mates will back him, others will hate him for it, those two sets of players then square off and the coach has 3-5 players who won't play together? That's a brilliant plan.

To all those who say we should have been big tough men and sat him in a corner to think about how naughty he was.. put your egos away and think about what's best for the team.

From what I have been able to decipher from the various reports it looks like Dave wanted to stay until Miller told him he wouldnt be resigned at the same wage. Reports then surfaced regarding the Qatar and SFC interest, which I believe was agent talk to try to force the Jets to keep the same or increase the contract. Once Dave realised it wasn't going to change the Jets position, then he decided to force the transfer and started acting the dick which is when those reports began to circulate.
    Simply put, Dave valued himself higher than the Jets did.

When you get to this point - what do you do? Keep him to play out his contract or get rid straight away.

Just my interpretation, it may not be accurate.
    Last edited by furns; 03-02-2016 at 05:11 PM.
    Subscribe to The Jetstream Podcast http://www.newcastlefootball.net/podcast

Quote Originally Posted by furns View Post
    From what I have been able to decipher from the various reports it looks like Dave wanted to stay until Miller told him he wouldnt be resigned at the same wage. Reports then surfaced regarding the Qatar and SFC interest, which I believe was agent talk to try to force the Jets to keep the same or increase the contract. Once Dave realised it wasn't going to change the Jets position, then he decided to force the transfer and started acting the dick which is when those reports began to circulate.
    Simply put, Dave valued himself higher than the Jets did.

When you get to this point - what do you do? Keep him to play out his contract or get rid straight away.

Just my interpretation, it may not be accurate.
    I am with you on that. And if that is the case then you cannot blame the club. No way he should have been offered an extension on his current wage and if releasing him now stops a massive cancer spreading through the club for the remainder of the year due to Dave's poor attitude if he had been kept on, then so be it.

Quote Originally Posted by furns View Post
    To the sandpit
    Dare to Zlatan

Originally Posted by Grimario

He won't make that mistake at Newcastle since our team is full of number 2's.

Quote Originally Posted by Guerny View Post
    Sadly enough, there aren't any players coming off contract who if they moved on i would lose any sleep over...
    Birrighitti?

Quote Originally Posted by WolfMan View Post
    Birrighitti?
    I'd be happy if they used some of that 80k to keep birraz.

Would love to find out who are the teammates he was offside with. That would indicate alot.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Jetmaster View Post
    Would love to find out who are the teammates he was offside with. That would indicate alot.
    Hard to tell with his infield demeanour he never looked like he was playing for his fans teammates or the shirt

Could be any of them

Best bet though is the Hoff as he most likely got sick and tired of not getting any assistance in defence from him

Carney is a khunt....

David Carney signs for Sydney FC with a swipe at the Newcastle Jets teammates he left behind

HIS tone was gentle but David Carney’s summation of why he wanted to trade Newcastle for Sydney FC was as direct and dangerous as a freekick delivered with his left foot.

The ink on his new 18-month contract at the Sky Blues barely dry, Carney sat down to discuss why he had agitated for a move from the Jets, where he had been comfortably his side’s best, and forced through a deadline-day exit in order to rejoin the club where his senior career began more than a decade ago.

Quietly noting that playing with his former teammates at the Jets “you can get flat”, Carney said that after an hour and a half of training “it’s two very different sides ... training (here) reminded me of the Socceroos again.”

Carney is likely to go straight into the side to face Adelaide on Friday, seeking to reignite a Sydney side raggedly beaten 3-1 by Brisbane last Friday and avoid falling to sixth place on the ladder.

Insisting he had not had a falling out with Jets boss Scott Miller, Carney said he had “given everything” for Newcastle — but now he had a different level of motivation.

I love Sydney, it’s where I’m from, and I just want to kick on now,” he said. “When you’re in a good team it keeps you on edge. With Newcastle, just with the quality of players compared to here, you can get flat. With here it gives me that next step to be with better players and thrive, to enjoy my football again.

“It was just a great feeling being out there again today, the way training was reminded me of the Socceroos again. I feel like, compared with Newcastle, it’s two very different sides. It suits me better, I like to keep the ball.”

The return to Sydney marks another point in a 10-club career best described as nomadic, though Carney noted that three shoulder reconstructions hadn’t helped his cause. Claiming to be joining the “biggest club in Australia” — a label several others might claim — Carney said it was a homecoming he had long sought. David Carney believes the Jets compare unfavourably with Sydney FC.

“When it got down to the last day (of the transfer window), I was a bit worried because I definitely wanted to come,” he said.

“I’ve worked with Arnie before, and it’s just the quality of players in the whole squad. I wanted to get in a squad like that, to get the winning feeling again and have the ambition to go forward.

“It’s probably the biggest club in Australia and I want to be a part of that, especially with the Asian Champions League coming up. With the squad we’ve got we can really compete. It’s also like coming home, it’s where it all started with me. We won the league first season, so there are great memories.

“Before I went to Newcastle I always thought I’d end my career at Sydney. I wanted a last hurrah, and do something in the last days of my career. I gave everything for the Jets and I think I played a part in most of their goals. I feel like I did my part for Newcastle, so I don’t think they would stand in my way, they knew it was a better opportunity.

“I didn’t have any bad blood with Scott Miller at the end.
    Last edited by Jetmaster; 03-02-2016 at 07:01 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by MFKS View Post
    Hard to tell with his infield demeanour he never looked like he was playing for his fans teammates or the shirt

Could be any of them

Best bet though is the Hoff as he most likely got sick and tired of not getting any assistance in defence from him
    I remember the Hoff seemed pretty pissed with him from the FFA Cup game against Perth - the amount of times he'd gallop down that right side and wait for the ball as he passed Carney, then Carney would cut in on his left and the play would be over. At that point though, I'm not sure anyone cared that Hoff wasn't getting the ball

lol f*ck this guy