Page 141 of 160 FirstFirst ... 4191131139140141142143151 ... LastLast
Results 2,801 to 2,820 of 3186

Thread: SQUAD FOR 2015/16 SEASON - no Griff, no party

Quote Originally Posted by Mark325 View Post
    Yeah I was of the belief BK and Mullen were way up there
    BK doesn't get what you think. Don't know why we are discussing rubbery figures based on supposition.

It really isn't for us to know....and it is the same with all clubs not just ours.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Jetmaster View Post
    BK doesn't get what you think. Don't know why we are discussing rubbery figures based on supposition.

It really isn't for us to know....and it is the same with all clubs not just ours.
    Whether the figures are speculative is not the issue.

We have a right to discuss where our salary cap is going as on paper the value we are getting is nowhere near adequate compared to other clubs

Quote Originally Posted by plague View Post
    Alright then, that's exactly the point from the man himself. Cases closed anyone thinking he's coming back here to do a guest stint and get a token 10% stake in some shitty club like the Jets.

Also: when he was close to signing with NY, he went to the commissioner of the whole league to get the run down on how the clubs are run and whether the owners were legit. Only after he was satisfied did he sign to play. That's a bloke who looks a hell of a lot wider than his next pay check.

Bloke will be the smartest in that FFA room and sadly incumbents prob won't like that one bit and prevent it happening.
    Yes Cahill definitely had a plan with his off-field ventures in China; his Academies, his clothing brand...Cahill+ (and whatever else) and it would've been premature of him to pull the plug on all that and come back to Australia now just because he has been released from Shenhau. A lot of players don't maximise their careers when they are playing and make short-term decisions, Cahill has a meticulous approach in both his onfield playing (and club choices over the years) and what he does off-field....he basically leaves nothing to chance.

Cahill is too precious now and his head wont fit into hunter Stadium. next

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by stopper2 View Post
    Yes Cahill definitely had a plan with his off-field ventures in China; his Academies, his clothing brand...Cahill+ (and whatever else) and it would've been premature of him to pull the plug on all that and come back to Australia now just because he has been released from Shenhau. A lot of players don't maximise their careers when they are playing and make short-term decisions, Cahill has a meticulous approach in both his onfield playing (and club choices over the years) and what he does off-field....he basically leaves nothing to chance.

Let's just call a spade a spade the blokes best days are behind him and his legs are going.

He ain't the player he was 2 years ago let alone 6 years ago

You can see it in his recent games for the Soccerroos he don't have it like he used to.

Fingers crossed Ange can send him out gracefully and not kicking and screaming like Luca$h went

Quote Originally Posted by The Dunster View Post
    He's dead to me if he signs with the Smurfs.
    The great man could never be "dead to me". He has supplied me with way more good memories than pretty much anyone in my own life hahaha the guy is one of the greatest athletes this country has ever produced.

I love the jets but I'll put Socceroos above them any day. They have been and will always be my number 1!
    WE DON'T DO WALKING AWAY !

Quote Originally Posted by MFKS View Post
    Let's just call a spade a spade the blokes best days are behind him and his legs are going.

You can see it in his recent games for the Soccerroos he don't have it like he used to.

Fingers crossed Ange can send him out gracefully and not kicking and screaming like Luca$h went
    Man, one day you're gonna start reading the posts and general vibe of the conversation before storming through the door and it's gonna be ****ing confusing.

How's Thailand by the way?
    Anyone nicked yer kidneys yet?

Khalfallah has been left out of Victorys ACL squad.
    Victory looking at a way to keep Barbarouses for next year, if we could get them to payout part of Khalfallahs contract could be a handy replacement for Enver.
    Quote Originally Posted by #fixsmithpark View Post
    I'M GULLIBLE!

barbarouses has signed for wello

Quote Originally Posted by matty View Post
    barbarouses has signed for wello
    Apparently for $750k a season FMD.
    Quote Originally Posted by #fixsmithpark View Post
    I'M GULLIBLE!

Quote Originally Posted by Premy View Post
    Khalfallah has been left out of Victorys ACL squad.
    Victory looking at a way to keep Barbarouses for next year, if we could get them to payout part of Khalfallahs contract could be a handy replacement for Enver.
    Handy replacement for Enver is an understatement.
    We would go from a donkey to black cavier! FBK Shreds it, slow start to his second season but there is no doubt in my mind he is one of the absolute top players in this league. We would never get him!

Quote Originally Posted by Premy View Post
    Apparently for $750k a season FMD.
    With the Phoenix, can their "Aussie marquee" be a kiwi? He would be about as good a kiwi marquee they could get.
    Great signing though, even if it is a bit rich.

Quote Originally Posted by leftrightout View Post
    With the Phoenix, can their "Aussie marquee" be a kiwi? He would be about as good a kiwi marquee they could get.
    I don't think there is an "Aussie marquee" anymore. Isn't it just 2 marquees? I thought th rule was changed for Sydney
    Quote Originally Posted by Grimario View Post
    Great. He's gone from Liaoning Whowin to Newcastle Wholose.
    The Championship Chronicles - The Jetstream's review of the 2007/08 season. www.newcastlefootball.net/chronicles

Quote Originally Posted by MFKS View Post

If he is serious with his ballbagging the league maybe he should fund a 2nd tier in Aleague. how much would he need to kick in? get serious or fk off big head (tim not mk)
    Last edited by hawk; 19-02-2016 at 03:36 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Jeterpool View Post
    I don't think there is an "Aussie marquee" anymore. Isn't it just 2 marquees? I thought th rule was changed for Sydney
    Ah yeah... just checked and you are right about it being just 2 marquees now.
    Is barbarouses really marquee material though?

Reckon Rojas, Wood and Reid would be better options... but realistic ones they aren't.

Ah yeah... just checked and you are right about it being just 2 marquees now.
    Is barbarouses really marquee material though?
    As far as NZ are concerned yes, he is their highest profile player along with Winston Reid. His signing would be equal to bringing someone like Timmeh or Cruse back to the A-League.

Add this to last weeks result and todays extension, they will be on fire this week.

Quote Originally Posted by Grimario View Post
    Reckon Rojas, Wood and Reid would be better options... but realistic ones they aren't.
    Where is Rojas these days? He bloody destroyed this league with Victory!

FC Thun according to wikipedia