Page 143 of 160 FirstFirst ... 4393133141142143144145153 ... LastLast
Results 2,841 to 2,860 of 3186

Thread: SQUAD FOR 2015/16 SEASON - no Griff, no party

Quote Originally Posted by GazFish35 View Post
    Eland made a point I've not ever thought of tbh.

Pushing 4 players outside the cap (marquee x2, homegrown x2) means other teams have the whole cap the attract 19 players.

If you don't use the "outside the cap" concessions you're trying to attract all 23 with the cap.

I'm not sure why that's never dawned on me.

Kanta and BK are well worth keeping for that fact alone. More money to spend on the rest of the squad.
    Welcome. This is why the FFA haven't assisted us at all.
    Quote Originally Posted by Grimario View Post
    Great. He's gone from Liaoning Whowin to Newcastle Wholose.
    The Championship Chronicles - The Jetstream's review of the 2007/08 season. www.newcastlefootball.net/chronicles

its 24K per player difference
    Quote Originally Posted by Blackmac79 View Post
    I tend to agree with Gav.

its 24K per player difference
    Or TWO whole new David Carneys!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by plague View Post
    1. Janjetovic - league min (is it 55k?). Terrible keeper, can't catch, pass or organise. Comes to training sober though, so gets a run.
    2. Seb ryall - technically in custody so can't receive income. League min so it goes into a trust account to fund schoolies trips till he turns 45.
    4. Zac anderson - gypo, has no idea what 'wages' or 'employment' are. Gets fortnightly centrelink cheque for $479.80.
    5. Mat jurman - league min, although his twin brother "matt yerrrrrrman" is somehow turning up for half his shifts lately.
    6. Stambozliev - no wages, not a real person. Is actually a marketing ploy for a new brand of cheap russian vodka. Seb ryall hosts stambozliev vodka parties for 14 year olds on the gold coast.
    7. A hoole - league min, but its gets paid into his account so he's exponentially more wealthy than he was when at the jets.
    8. Dimitrejavic - gets around league salary rules by being paid in food vouchers. Currently over his own personal 'cap space'.
    9. Shane smeltz - $150k, but in nz dollars, so its about $60k (this joke was totally better about 8 years ago).
    10. Ninkovic - wait? Aren't he and dimitrejavic the same person? Sydney uses them under same contract. $200k between them.
    11. C. Naumoff - $80k he played good one game, only 4 years and 3 knee surgeries away from being offered a max deal by the jets.
    12. J. Tratt? - the **** is that guy? League min.
    13. B. Oneill - the only oneill not making a living out of tyres or wetsuits. Poor career choice. League min.
    14. A brosque - $100,000 per 90mins played. Season wages so far = $30k.
    16. R. Woodcock - isn't he a cricketer? League min.
    17. D.carney - hahahahahahahahahahahhahahahahahahahahahahhahahaha hahhahahahahahhahahahahahahhahahah
    18. M. Simon - legally entitled to half of arnies salary and super due them officially being declared a defacto couple.
    19. J. Faty - he's french, so he's obviously on the run from something in his homeland. League min on the proviso sydney fc don't tell anyone where he lives.
    20. I.necevski - league min, but paid as a coach so no impact on the cap.
    21. F.holosko - league min. Plays for a country that now doesn't technically exist. Bummer man.
    22. A.abbas - league min. Still love him. If only former jets management weren't all haterz.
    23. R.grant - his contract states he gets whatever marc warren earns + $1 to formalise his position as only the 2nd worst player in the league.
    24. George blackwood - sounds like a politician from the early 1900's. I wouldn't vote for him. **** that guy.
    25. A.calver - ? Again, who the ****? League min.
    27. M.tavares - $200k lord knows what for. Garbage.and french. So double garbage.
    29. A.mullen - doesn't he play for the knights? George blackwood refuses to bring his dog to training or social gatherings. League min.
    30. A bouzanis - somehow isn't better than the other 2 retards in goals. Shouldn't be getting anything if he's that bad. Has def used the "my brother played premier league" approach to pick up chicks.

So as you can see sydney have heaps of room under the cap. Bring tommy home.
    gold, gold, gold!

Eland made a point I've not ever thought of tbh.

Pushing 4 players outside the cap (marquee x2, homegrown x2) means other teams have the whole cap the attract 19 players.

If you don't use the "outside the cap" concessions you're trying to attract all 23 with the cap.

I'm not sure why that's never dawned on me.

Kanta and BK are well worth keeping for that fact alone. More money to spend on the rest of the squad.
    We only have the minimum 20 players though and not 23. So not that much of a difference

Quote Originally Posted by Jeterpool View Post
    Welcome. This is why the FFA haven't assisted us at all.
    seems to always come back to this. could be a sign. anyone? bueller?

Quote Originally Posted by plague View Post
    Or TWO whole new David Carneys!!!!!
    But we dont want 2 new sooky little b*tches.....

Quote Originally Posted by borat View Post
    We only have the minimum 20 players though and not 23. So not that much of a difference
    Point is the flexibility it gives you to spend more on less players, allowing you attract better standard players.
    Quote Originally Posted by Blackmac79 View Post
    I tend to agree with Gav.

So we could have a 10 man squad even before we sign a player that has to fit under the cap...
    - marquee = 2
    - guest player = 1
    - mature age rookie (>21 yo) = 1 player
    - home grown (<23yo, $150k) = 3 (min wage = $41K)
    - contracted NYL player = 3

Then a few half price players:
    - loyalty allocation (5+ seasons, $200K) = 3 (min wage = $55K) (max 50% of players wage is excluded)

So 13 players and we've only used ~$100K of the salary cap...

This leaves $2.5M left for the remaining 7 squad positions (~$350K / player).

*Is the junior marquee still a thing?
    Last edited by Guerny; 29-02-2016 at 06:02 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Guerny View Post
    So we could have a 10 man squad even before we sign a player that has to fit under the cap...
    - marquee = 2
    - guest player = 1

- loyalty allocation (5+ seasons, $200K) = 3 (min wage = $55K) (max 50% of players wage is excluded)

That's why the big clubs who make full use of these "concessions" if you like, seem on the surface to be well over the cap. I think David Lowe mentioned in his column once that clubs like Victory and SFC have about 6 players in that top bracket before we even get to our highest paid player.
    Used to have a U/23 Marquee but I'm pretty sure they got rid of that a few years ago now.

Quote Originally Posted by Guerny View Post
    - marquee = 2
    - guest player = 1

Pretty sure Junior marquee was scrapped for the home grown U23 player.

As of right now do we have any home growns/loyalty allocations I'm not thinking of

We'd have both BK's for the loyalty allocation, and we'd have Nick Cowburn and Radovan as home grown would we not?

Quote Originally Posted by Mark325 View Post
    As of right now do we have any home growns/loyalty allocations I'm not thinking of

We'd have both BK's for the loyalty allocation, and we'd have Nick Cowburn and Radovan as home grown would we not?
    Just Kanta and BK

Quote Originally Posted by RAM View Post
    Just Kanta and BK
    How does home grown work then?

ยท The existing Home Grown Player allowance outside the Salary Cap has lifted from $150,000 to $200,000. Each Club can include three players who started their careers with the Club, either through the Youth System of the Hyundai A-League squad.

http://www.footballaustralia.com.au/...j1vyywqy5lcn3g

I think the others are counted as youth, although I thought Cowburn got a senior contract.

Quote Originally Posted by RAM View Post
    I think the others are counted as youth, although I thought Cowburn got a senior contract.
    Isn't the point that we aren't spending any money outside the salary cap so they can be eligible for youth/loyalty/marquee or whatever, but FFA is keeping it lean hence the last two pages of discussion?

Quote Originally Posted by Grimario View Post
    Isn't the point that we aren't spending any money outside the salary cap so they can be eligible for youth/loyalty/marquee or whatever, but FFA is keeping it lean hence the last two pages of discussion?
    yep

Or more likely the FFA is not using any of the cap exemptions so they can put their hands on their hearts and say they were ensuring the Jets remained competitive by using 90% of the available salary cap...

Whats everyones feeling for season 2016-17 in terms of recruitment?
    Which imports should we resign?