Page 154 of 160 FirstFirst ... 54104144152153154155156 ... LastLast
Results 3,061 to 3,080 of 3186

Thread: SQUAD FOR 2015/16 SEASON - no Griff, no party

Quote Originally Posted by The Dunster View Post
    I'd add Mullen and Birraz to the list as well as they seem to know what it means to the fans to beat the Gypos.
    Not Birraz - he doesn't get fazed when he stuffs up against the Gypos so how can he truly understand?

Quote Originally Posted by Jetmaster View Post
    Not Birraz - he doesn't get fazed when he stuffs up against the Gypos so how can he truly understand?
    Was under tutelage of stubborns, so not fair. Birraz is honorary novocastrian now under miller !

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by rhysd View Post
    Was under tutelage of stubborns, so not fair. Birraz is honorary novocastrian now under miller !
    It was under InZane not Muppet that occurred

Quote Originally Posted by Jetmaster View Post
    A bit unfair on the club, the Griffs left to get more coin that was not available here, Sash was at retirement, Taggz wanted to try his luck in Europe whilst the iron was hot. Milicic fell out with Con and didn't do much after that season anyway.

Goalscorers attract attention - Berisha, McLaren, Simon, Ibini, Smeltz are all players who have been "let go" at the peak of their powers.
    Yeah well in Jetmaster, Dunster once again trying to make an issue about a non-issue. There were various reasons why the aforementioned strikers did not continue with the Jets. Likewise with Triff now, it would seem Nobby will be favoured to be re-signed as he is above him in the pecking order now. Makes more sense to throw more money at Nobby and keep him here as he offers more to the team.

How is Ryan Willaims doing these days? Doesn't appear to have played often at Barnsley. I wonder if he could be coaxed back?
    Quote Originally Posted by Grimario View Post
    Great. He's gone from Liaoning Whowin to Newcastle Wholose.
    The Championship Chronicles - The Jetstream's review of the 2007/08 season. www.newcastlefootball.net/chronicles

I also expect Birighitti to try his luck overseas.

We could do a lot worse than Lawrence Thomas...especially if he saves this pen
    The Championship Chronicles - The Jetstream's review of the 2007/08 season. www.newcastlefootball.net/chronicles

Quote Originally Posted by MFKS View Post
    It was under InZane not Muppet that occurred
    My bad, but point still stands re: miller.

Hoping miller can convince Birraz on just one more season..

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Jeterpool View Post
    How is Ryan Willaims doing these days? Doesn't appear to have played often at Barnsley. I wonder if he could be coaxed back?
    I believe he is going back to Perth Glory next season.

I not sure if it signed like Taggz but more or less home and hosed unless he gets a significant overseas deal to scupper it

It is hard to get excited about potential signings, especially when the club/ffa will not commit to anything above the cap. I don't understand all the hype around "potential signings" especially when we really have no idea as to what is going on. I, like most of us want a club that will be competitive. We have the support let's just get the squad together and God damn do this. Ffa or the new owner need to throw coin around and let us fly.... Once that happens I guarantee that when the jets go well the league goes well... Crowds will flourish. (fox commentary will always be against us)

I believe he is going back to Perth Glory next season.

I not sure if it signed like Taggz but more or less home and hosed unless he gets a significant overseas deal to scupper it
    Wow. Rhys Williams and Ryan Williams to come back, add Taggart too. Combined with Castro, Keogh, Lowry, Risdon, Djulbic, Vadocz they have to be the favourites.

They'd have great depth too.

Quote Originally Posted by sorefootballer View Post
    It is hard to get excited about potential signings, especially when the club/ffa will not commit to anything above the cap. I don't understand all the hype around "potential signings" especially when we really have no idea as to what is going on. I, like most of us want a club that will be competitive. We have the support let's just get the squad together and God damn do this. Ffa or the new owner need to throw coin around and let us fly.... Once that happens I guarantee that when the jets go well the league goes well... Crowds will flourish. (fox commentary will always be against us)
    Who is hyping up potential signings? If you're referring to me I only asked about what one player is up to and also passed a comment that Thomas could be a good option if Birighitti leaves.

Besides, what is left for us to look forward to but next season?

Wow. Rhys Williams and Ryan Williams to come back, add Taggart too. Combined with Castro, Keogh, Lowry, Risdon, Djulbic, Vadocz they have to be the favourites.

I think Rhys is coming back to Perth. Ryan is playing for Barnsley but has only made 6 appearances. Haven't heard any rumours of him leaving the UK. Looks like he did well in League 2 but can't make the jump to league 1.
    Last edited by Frodo; 03-04-2016 at 10:02 AM. Reason: me spell good
    I do it just for you. My goal in life is to have a quote in someone's signature.

Banned

They would also have some severe salary cap questions to answer if they bring these blokes in and keep the blokes they have.

Sure they might be using the Marquee and other various allowances well

But their squad if it comes together as mooted on paper is gonna be costing much more than the salary cap

They would also have some severe salary cap questions to answer if they bring these blokes in and keep the blokes they have.

But their squad if it comes together as mooted on paper is gonna be costing much more than the salary cap
    U think they would have learned from last year
    Dare to Zlatan

Originally Posted by Grimario

He won't make that mistake at Newcastle since our team is full of number 2's.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by lquiquer View Post
    U think they would have learned from last year
    I take it they are just hiding it better this time

Was not aimed at you Jeterpool. Wasn't aimed at anyone in particular.
    I get excited about the rumour mill.. Then I just remind myself it is the jets we are talking about.and that excitement or hype is gone as quick as it came.

Quote Originally Posted by sorefootballer View Post
    Was not aimed at you Jeterpool. Wasn't aimed at anyone in particular.
    I get excited about the rumour mill.. Then I just remind myself it is the jets we are talking about.and that excitement or hype is gone as quick as it came.
    Just need to be realistic about our targets. Next season squad recruitment will be unknown foreign players and hoping to get the best out of bargain basement Aussies other clubs discard. In saying that here's hoping Millar can unearth a few diamonds like Ugarkovic or get the best out of what John West doesn't want

Quote Originally Posted by borat View Post
    Just need to be realistic about our targets. Next season squad recruitment will be unknown foreign players and hoping to get the best out of bargain basement Aussies other clubs discard. In saying that here's hoping Millar can unearth a few diamonds like Ugarkovic or get the best out of what John West doesn't want
    Other clubs have had some success with the overseas Aussie looking to rebuild their career. This could be a good approach. It's this approach that got us Ugarkovic.

I agree they are serial offenders their salary cap would have to be questioned.

Brattan would come under that description of a player needing to come home to get time on the park.