Page 155 of 160 FirstFirst ... 55105145153154155156157 ... LastLast
Results 3,081 to 3,100 of 3186

Thread: SQUAD FOR 2015/16 SEASON - no Griff, no party

Quote Originally Posted by Jeterpool View Post
    Other clubs have had some success with the overseas Aussie looking to rebuild their career. This could be a good approach. It's this approach that got us Ugarkovic.
    seems to me we got Ugarkovic because he wasn't being paid by his old club (he basically got his release in lieu of being paid) - not sure how many other ex-pats we can snare on the same premise...
    Life isn't the same without Con... but it can only improve without Tinks...

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by turbojetfireV8 View Post
    seems to me we got Ugarkovic because he wasn't being paid by his old club (he basically got his release in lieu of being paid) - not sure how many other ex-pats we can snare on the same premise...
    Although our image isn't the greatest it is a lot better than it was 12 months ago

We are on an upward spiral.
    Yeah not lightning fast but we are moving forward

Our appeal is not as bad as you make out.

Other clubs will have locked in salary caps where as we should have some cash to spend to entice a couple of these blokes home

It is though imperative Millertime gets the foreigners right

Add in a bit of creativity in balancing our squad better by shipping a few out sign a couple of Aussies from rival sides pick up a couple of Aussies from OS and we are back competing genuinely for the 6

Quote Originally Posted by MFKS View Post
    Although our image isn't the greatest it is a lot better than it was 12 months ago

We are on an upward spiral.
    Yeah not lightning fast but we are moving forward

Our appeal is not as bad as you make out.

Other clubs will have locked in salary caps where as we should have some cash to spend to entice a couple of these blokes home

It is though imperative Millertime gets the foreigners right

Add in a bit of creativity in balancing our squad better by shipping a few out sign a couple of Aussies from rival sides pick up a couple of Aussies from OS and we are back competing genuinely for the 6
    Quote Originally Posted by Grimario View Post
    Great. He's gone from Liaoning Whowin to Newcastle Wholose.
    The Championship Chronicles - The Jetstream's review of the 2007/08 season. www.newcastlefootball.net/chronicles

Banned
    What for???

What for???
    Using the highlighted Stubbins phrase "moving forward".
    The Championship Chronicles - The Jetstream's review of the 2007/08 season. www.newcastlefootball.net/chronicles

Banned
    It used on purpose to note we have started the moving forward stuff he spruiked for months on end before going down with Tinkler

It used on purpose to note we have started the moving forward stuff he spruiked for months on end before going down with Tinkler
    i here where your coming from member,

infact stubbins is not a pommy, he is actually a irishman that his phrase moving forward in english meant moving backwards,

Speaking of imports, the impact of Fornaroli this season has been as big as any import in the 11 seasons of the A League. Technically he is up there with the best but he also has the fighting, mongrel, never-say-die attitude which many Uruguayans have instilled in them. This is why he has adapted well to our fairly physical A League while other technical players have failed.
    Our Uruguayan from the first season, Corbo had that mongrel mentality too and would never take a backward step as soon as he crossed that white line.
    Reckon it's worth a shot sussing out 1 or 2 Uruguayans for next season, a LB and a striker preferably.

Quote Originally Posted by stopper2 View Post
    Speaking of imports, the impact of Fornaroli this season has been as big as any import in the 11 seasons of the A League. Technically he is up there with the best but he also has the fighting, mongrel, never-say-die attitude which many Uruguayans have instilled in them. This is why he has adapted well to our fairly physical A League while other technical players have failed.
    Our Uruguayan from the first season, Corbo had that mongrel mentality too and would never take a backward step as soon as he crossed that white line.
    Reckon it's worth a shot sussing out 1 or 2 Uruguayans for next season, a LB and a striker preferably.
    I have been searching Uruguayan strikers off contract or coming off contract on transfermarkt, quite a few that I reckon would be worth a look at. Or if city don't fork out the marquee dollars fornaroli now probably deserves we can always throw a marquee spot at him for next season assuming we end up with wealthy owners

Quote Originally Posted by Tommyjet View Post
    I have been searching Uruguayan strikers off contract or coming off contract on transfermarkt, quite a few that I reckon would be worth a look at. Or if city don't fork out the marquee dollars fornaroli now probably deserves we can always throw a marquee spot at him for next season assuming we end up with wealthy owners
    Now that's being pro-active Tommy!

I would love to have Bruno here too but I think by the time we get this ownership sorted out here will either be City's new marquee or overseas.
    I believe he has stated that he doesn't want to talk contracts till the season has finished, which is what, another 3 weeks maximim if City play in the GF.

Quote Originally Posted by turbojetfireV8 View Post
    My understanding was that Miller tried to get Ugarkovic before the start of the season but the contract issue didn't allow for it to happen, so he was coming at the end of his contract (then the release happened and we got him early).

https://www.facebook.com/SoccRepubli...7034556402294/

League of Ireland's goal of the month nominations for March - perhaps we could pick up a Keogh ourselves?
    Life isn't the same without Con... but it can only improve without Tinks...

Bruno signing for the Jets..

hahahahahahahahahahahahhahahahahahahahahahahahahah ahahaahhahahahahahahhahahahahahahahahaha

Don't make me laugh.

Quote Originally Posted by Wilso8948 View Post

hahahahahahahahahahahahhahahahahahahahahahahahahah ahahaahhahahahahahahhahahahahahahahahaha

Don't make me laugh.
    It was said with sarcasm champ

Don't make me laugh.
    He's a bit old but available

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bruno_Cheyrou

Don't lie. You were legit. Better chance of signing the gay Bruno fashion designer.

He is an old Gypo who played for l'OM.........Nah Donkey
    Dare to Zlatan

Originally Posted by Grimario

He won't make that mistake at Newcastle since our team is full of number 2's.

Don't lie. You were legit. Better chance of signing the gay Bruno fashion designer.
    I'm a dreamer but not that much

Now that's a bit of an understatement Jeterpool, calling a footballer who will be turning 38 next month...."a bit old" lol.

Quote Originally Posted by stopper2 View Post
    Now that's a bit of an understatement Jeterpool, calling a footballer who will be turning 38 next month...."a bit old" lol.
    It's all relative, isn't it?