Page 25 of 160 FirstFirst ... 1523242526273575125 ... LastLast

Thread: SQUAD FOR 2015/16 SEASON - no Griff, no party

Putting aside the length of time BK has stayed at the jets, do we really want a team full of par for the a league players, or do we want to be the best? To be the best you don't have par players starting. Look at the GF winning keepers, barring Thomas, you have Covic, Theo, Theoklitos, Bolton etc. They were the best keepers in the league that year, or close to it, and unfortunately, I don't think BK is up to those high standards. Great backup player, would probably be one of the best no. 2s in the league, but if we want a successful, winning team, I can't see BK being the starting keeper.
    Middleby Gone

Lawrie Out

Quote Originally Posted by hawk View Post
    Well, Alividic is a stabbins sympathiser so first, we shave his head and 2nd on the bench. then Carney can use him as a footstool
    BK was a Stubbins sympathizer too wasn't he. Certainly didn't turn down the captaincy like other. Same with Regan. Don't want him back for not sticking by his team mates

Quote Originally Posted by Premy View Post
    100+ Games for the Club coming up to 10 years service, local lad who could probably go on to be a one club player, coming into the prime age of a footballers career and is well on to his way to becoming a great Club servant.
    Yeah he had/has floors in his game and his worked/working hard to eradicate those floors, I think people are stuck in there judgement of BK from 4-5 years ago where he wasn't half the Keeper he is now.

It's a real shame how some Novacastians treat our Club servant's there's even the fraction of Supporters who hate Griffo, these people are on the rung just under Gypos.
    👍🏻 100%
    Quote Originally Posted by militiamon View Post
    Body gets Stretch drunk, miracle occurs.

Hail Body!

Let's not allow the legacy of Stubbins' time in charge be more division about who sided with who.

Recriminations can be left for after these blokes have left the club.

If we keep dragging up who said what, who sided with who, we'll end up back where we were.

Quote Originally Posted by The Postman View Post
    In my opinion...

Starters
    Nigel Boogaard
    Lee Ki-Je
    Enver Alivodic
    Ben Kennedy
    David Carney
    Daniel Mullen

Fringe
    Ben Kantarovski
    Mitch Cooper

Back-Ups
    Andy Brennan
    Josh Barresi
    Radovan Pavicevic
    Themba Muata-Marlow

Yes, a massive job for the new coach
    While I agree with your list, except I would also put Kennedy as a back up simply because I want us to aim higher, I think we could run into trouble with percentage of salary cap remaining.

I expect those starters would be taking up a fair chunk of the salary cap. I'm wondering what approach we will take with the remaining amount of the squad because there is a lot of positions to fill with a fair chunk taken from the cap already.

One way around this is to utilise the marquee spots, so let's hope the FFA get behind us in that regard.

Pirlo to Newcastle!!!
    Last edited by Jeterpool; 10-06-2015 at 10:20 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Grimario View Post
    Great. He's gone from Liaoning Whowin to Newcastle Wholose.
    The Championship Chronicles - The Jetstream's review of the 2007/08 season. www.newcastlefootball.net/chronicles

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by GazFish35 View Post
    Let's not allow the legacy of Stubbins' time in charge be more division about who sided with who.

Recriminations can be left for after these blokes have left the club.

If we keep dragging up who said what, who sided with who, we'll end up back where we were.
    And leaving them in place doesn't allow anyone to move on.

It irritates the **** out of me that people who chose to put themselves above the club/fans are still at the club.

Their lack of loyalty to their 5 teammates who got the arse is also a ****ing disgrace.

Out of who is left at the club from last year I have plenty of time for Carney even if he is a flog in general as he at least showed some cajones and Lundy as he put it all on the line with his career before it even got going.

Then these blokes who came in or are coming in as they are not the issue

Then the rest of them who were here and failed to back my boy Griff and the rest of them to the hilt are a long long long way below.

I would be happier if they were all gone.

The whole forgive and forget is one thing. I want to see blokes at the club who run through brick walls for the club and the fans. We don't have them.

Maybe when we get them we might actually move up the ladder and better yet win some ****ing games in Gosford.

Says the bloke who kept turning up to the ****ing games.

Solidarity forever ey comrade.

Quote Originally Posted by Jeterpool View Post
    I think we could run into trouble with percentage of salary cap remaining.
    This is the only point that matters.

Somewhere in the team/squad compromises have to be made.
    Get rid of BK, then you are keeping Galloway.
    Get rid of Pepper, then you are keeping Welsh types.

Somewhere in the 23 there needs to be squaddies. Pick your poison lads.

Quote Originally Posted by plague View Post
    This is the only point that matters.

Somewhere in the team/squad compromises have to be made.
    Get rid of BK, then you are keeping Galloway.
    Get rid of Pepper, then you are keeping Welsh types.

Somewhere in the 23 there needs to be squaddies. Pick your poison lads.
    My issue is that the difference between an average and a top keeper is realistically 10-15 points a season. I honestly think the club are costing ourselves these points if BK is our starter and the club are only looking to recruit a cheap backup for him.

Quote Originally Posted by The Camel View Post
    My issue is that the difference between an average and a top keeper is realistically 10-15 points a season. I honestly think the club are costing ourselves these points if BK is our starter and the club are only looking to recruit a cheap backup for him.
    All fair points and I also would love a super dooper keeper to come in with BK as backup/pushing for selection.

But

How many points did Galloway, Welsh, Regan, Zenon cost us?

Cause that's where you need to fill in the gaps.

All fair points and I also would love a super dooper keeper to come in with BK as backup/pushing for selection.

But

How many points did Galloway, Welsh, Regan, Zenon cost us?

Cause that's where you need to fill in the gaps.
    What you're saying, in a way, is that an average keeper can be made look good by a solid defence in front of them? I certainly think that's reasonable.

I would prefer us spend money in the middle of the park and a striker. We've see what a difference a Taggart, Berisha or Burns can make to a team. Similarly a quality midfielder. Cowburn, for example, wouldn't be on much and has shown he is more than capable of being the right back.

As I said earlier we can have the same amount of money able to be spent on less by using the 3 marquee spots.
    Last edited by Jeterpool; 10-06-2015 at 11:37 AM.
    The Championship Chronicles - The Jetstream's review of the 2007/08 season. www.newcastlefootball.net/chronicles

Quote Originally Posted by MFKS View Post
    And leaving them in place doesn't allow anyone to move on.

It irritates the **** out of me that people who chose to put themselves above the club/fans are still at the club.

Their lack of loyalty to their 5 teammates who got the arse is also a ****ing disgrace.

Out of who is left at the club from last year I have plenty of time for Carney even if he is a flog in general as he at least showed some cajones and Lundy as he put it all on the line with his career before it even got going.

Then these blokes who came in or are coming in as they are not the issue

Then the rest of them who were here and failed to back my boy Griff and the rest of them to the hilt are a long long long way below.

I would be happier if they were all gone.

The whole forgive and forget is one thing. I want to see blokes at the club who run through brick walls for the club and the fans. We don't have them.

Maybe when we get them we might actually move up the ladder and better yet win some ****ing games in Gosford.

Its not a traditional unionised workplace though is it? they're hardly in a position to risk their income with little to no chnace of picking up paid employment if things went pear shaped for them.
    its not the romantic era of loyalty and amatuerism. its Modern Football Au$$ie $tyle.
    and plague's point negates yours anyway.

Quote Originally Posted by Jeterpool View Post
    What you're saying, in a way, is that an average keeper can be made look good by a solid defence in front of them? I certainly think that's reasonable.

I would prefer us spend money in the middle of the park and a striker. We've see what a difference a Taggart, Berisha or Burns can make to a team. Similarly a quality midfielder. Cowburn, for example, wouldn't be on much and has shown he is more than capable of being the right back.

As I said earlier we can have the same amount of money able to be spent on less by using the 3 marquee spots.
    I'm saying more so that not many on here have done the math regarding the salary cap split between 23 contracts. It leaves a big gap between what we would want in each position and what we can afford.

I actually think we've nailed some pretty good value for money signings over the past few years like Taggart Burns etc but we just can't keep them. (Onya GVE and Stubbsy).

Agree with the marquee spots but have FFA given any indication we'll be using them?

Story of the Members' life.

Agree with the marquee spots but have FFA given any indication we'll be using them?
    No, they haven't however surely they want to see the club succeed so it's more attractive for sale to potential investors which is the overall goal. Using these spots, I think, wouldn't be out of the question if it could be reasonably justified.

the FFA said they wouldnt at WSW, then ADP arrived across town, so ONO arrived.

clearly we need CCM to get a marquee whose name can be abbrievieted to three letters.

the FFA said they wouldnt at WSW, then ADP arrived across town, so ONO arrived.

clearly we need CCM to get a marquee whose name can be abbrievieted to three letters.
    CR7

nuff said

Its not a traditional unionised workplace though is it? they're hardly in a position to risk their income with little to no chnace of picking up paid employment if things went pear shaped for them.
    its not the romantic era of loyalty and amatuerism. its Modern Football Au$$ie $tyle.
    Precisely

If we can't get Coe, Kennedy's our best and only option for keeper. Unless you'd prefer Pasfield, Vreski, Young or Acton?

Quote Originally Posted by Wilso8948 View Post
    CR7

nuff said
    so CCM get CR7 and we get ???

id take TH14