Nope.
    **** Ryan Berkowitz.

Quote Originally Posted by plague View Post
    Nope.
    **** Ryan Berkowitz.
    Agree,

Fu_k ryan, he walked out twice and overrated

Joel = Newcastle

If it's true the Jets have $800k left for nine signings they might as well start engraving the wooden spoon now.

Nothing changes, club is still shit, and the fans are once again being taken for a ride by the FFA.

Quote Originally Posted by The Dunster View Post
    If it's true the Jets have $800k left for nine signings they might as well start engraving the wooden spoon now.

Nothings changes, club is still shit, and the fans are once again being taken for a ride by the FFA.
    Why? Assuming Cowburn signs...

Birraz
    Cowburn Boogaard Mullen Ki-Je
    ??? Kanta
    Cooper
    Alivodic ??? Carney

That's a pretty decent framework for a starting side, I think the strongest backline we have had in years. Good players on either wing, excellent overlapping from the fullbacks and then Griff/Griff/Brennan/Pav in the middle. Just need another decent midfielder (Rostyn Griffiths?) alongside Kanta/Cooper and then the rest of the squad should be filled with young up and comers. Let's sign the next Taggart and Brillante, ffs and spin it for a profit in 3 years time.

I expect that a few of the new signings will be signed on 1 year contracts. We have some assumed big-hitters in Carney, Kantarovski and Birrighiti coming off contract next year and unless they are contributing as compared to their wage I would see them getting moved on.

I think we could also see some players who previously played return, as has been mooted. I wonder what Celeski has been doing with himself since he was released? I'd be using the bulk of the money in midfield and striker and trying to sign fringe players for the rest because I think if we try to average the money out across the positions we will get mediocrity but throwing more at some and getting fillers for the rest can at least boost our starting XI.
    Quote Originally Posted by Grimario View Post
    Great. He's gone from Liaoning Whowin to Newcastle Wholose.
    The Championship Chronicles - The Jetstream's review of the 2007/08 season. www.newcastlefootball.net/chronicles

I would not be suprised one bit if we got one or 2 loan deals from england. Saying miller has cut all ties with fulham after donkeys years there wouldnt be true. My guess is he still tied up with the hob knobs and essentially in a good place to get us loans.

Quote Originally Posted by matty View Post
    I would not be suprised one bit if we got one or 2 loan deals from england. Saying miller has cut all ties with fulham after donkeys years there wouldnt be true. My guess is he still tied up with the hob knobs and essentially in a good place to get us loans.
    In his interview on KOFM yesterday, Miller said he has a couple of good mates coming to the A-League which are yet to be confirmed. I immediately thought it could well be coming to the Jets and possibly on loans... I could be reading too much into it though

In millers nbn interview he specifically talked about loans, to me its the only way we will be able to strengthen enough without resorting to signing mediocrity across the board.
    Any starting team that looks to rely on kanta in the mids is asking for trouble, has been half the player he used to be at the best of times, maybe miller can get him back, but that's a big if.
    Harper just described our play as constipated. Perfect description of our slow movement that goes nowhere and of our coach who is full of shit.

Loan Deals would seem to go against Miller's talk of building for the next 2 seasons.

Given the cap restrictions, I don't think he is going to have a choice this season. He will have to look to loans until some of the on contract players come off contract, unless we sign a few people on minimum wage.

Quote Originally Posted by sammydog View Post
    Given the cap restrictions, I don't think he is going to have a choice this season. He will have to look to loans until some of the on contract players come off contract, unless we sign a few people on minimum wage.
    That is the same every year though.

442 reporting we have eyes on virgilli and madaschi. Also keen on nabbout and mate duganzic

Quote Originally Posted by matty View Post
    Also keen on nabbout
    Please dont be true!
    WE DON'T DO WALKING AWAY !

Quote Originally Posted by De-Champ View Post
    That is the same every year though.
    It's the same every year since we have had muppets running the place for a while. There's no reason I can fathom why some of the players we have should be pushing close to $200k.

So with this new loyalty deal. Why cant we put Kanta and BK under that category and free up $250k??

Quote Originally Posted by tomo View Post
    So with this new loyalty deal. Why cant we put Kanta and BK under that category and free up $250k??
    You would hope so.

You would hope so.
    You look at teams like Victory and Syd and the quality of players they have across the park, and the fact theyre still in the hunt for the better players in the league, it really makes me wonder how they can fit everyone under the cap. So why have we managed to dig ourselves such a big hole and have nothing left in the kitty for 5-6 decent players? I understand theyre utilising all the marquee spots available, which frees up room, but im still sceptical about theyre cap sizes

The fact that victory are chasing holland as theyre marquee too really disappoints me... The FFA want this club to work but wont help us attract players

You look at teams like Victory and Syd and the quality of players they have across the park, and the fact theyre still in the hunt for the better players in the league, it really makes me wonder how they can fit everyone under the cap. So why have we managed to dig ourselves such a big hole and have nothing left in the kitty for 5-6 decent players? I understand theyre utilising all the marquee spots available, which frees up room, but im still sceptical about theyre cap sizes

The fact that victory are chasing holland as theyre marquee too really disappoints me... The FFA want this club to work but wont help us attract players
    Remember there is still 3rd party payments outside of the cap as well. They're prob maxing out their 3rd party payments.

It could also be they don't spend nearly $200k on shit like BK or BK. They fill their squads with a top quality first XI and the rest with young up and comers who aren't proven enough to demand big coin.

*edit* Not that I think either of them are shit just not worth the huge coin they are reported to be on.
    Last edited by Grimario; 08-07-2015 at 05:18 PM.