Page 51 of 160 FirstFirst ... 41495051525361101151 ... LastLast
Results 1,001 to 1,020 of 3186

Thread: SQUAD FOR 2015/16 SEASON - no Griff, no party

Quote Originally Posted by Cyc10n View Post
    Doesn't any one know much about this New Zealand international we are trialling???
    According to the ever reliable Soccer Stoppage Time that player is Ryan De Vries

Quote Originally Posted by Cyc10n View Post
    Doesn't any one know much about this New Zealand international we are trialling???
    Leo Bertos is TRAINING with the jets, not TRIALLING. He has no intention of gaining a contract. Just getting some training under his belt before he heads overseas to the IPL

Quote Originally Posted by evolution View Post
    According to the ever reliable Soccer Stoppage Time that player is Ryan De Vries
    Seems like a cheap option... 23, played his entire career (that I can see) in the ASB Premiership. South African born, NZ naturalised, capped in the friendly against South Korea a few months back.

Hope he is amazing.

Quote Originally Posted by Grimario View Post
    Seems like a cheap option... 23, played his entire career (that I can see) in the ASB Premiership. South African born, NZ naturalised, capped in the friendly against South Korea a few months back.

Hope he is amazing.
    Position?

Quote Originally Posted by ToddG NBUnited View Post
    Position?
    Listed as a forward. Scored 25 in 51 with Waitakere United but only 7 in 29 with Auckland City. He also plays for Bentleigh Greens, scored in their FFA Cup campaign last year, 21 goals in 45 games.

SST's tweet say he is a wide forward though... so more cover for the flanks, maybe? Impressive goal scoring record for a wide player if true.

Quote Originally Posted by tomo View Post
    Leo Bertos is TRAINING with the jets, not TRIALLING. He has no intention of gaining a contract. Just getting some training under his belt before he heads overseas to the IPL
    I know who LEO is and his not who I was referring too haha

Was a regular pre-Gombau. Slowly phased out of the first team as the Spanish influence really kicked in. Started 73 of his 106 games for Adelaide but only 17 of them were in the last two years... and only TWO of them last season.
    Cheers mate, so if he were to come here he would be trying to resurrect his career and to basically prove Gombau wrong

Quote Originally Posted by stopper2 View Post
    Cheers mate, so if he were to come here he would be trying to resurrect his career and to basically prove Gombau wrong
    Watson can also play right back effectively. He isn't a spectacular box to box midfielder with a great shot or outstanding passing. He does the little things right and has good technique and a decent game tactical sense

Apparently agreed to terms, has a medical tomorrow, so id be guessing we will have confirmation by the end of the week

Banned
    Was a regular pre-Gombau. Slowly phased out of the first team as the Spanish influence really kicked in. Started 73 of his 106 games for Adelaide but only 17 of them were in the last two years... and only TWO of them last season.
    So he is following the same career path as roundabout???

Grim - what other HAL players would you compare Watson to? I can barely remember watching him play, but figure if I get told "he's like this guy" that'd at least give me an idea on what he's like.
    OK

Quote Originally Posted by pv4 View Post
    Grim - what other HAL players would you compare Watson to? I can barely remember watching him play, but figure if I get told "he's like this guy" that'd at least give me an idea on what he's like.
    A less promising Brilliante
    Quote Originally Posted by #fixsmithpark View Post
    I'M GULLIBLE!

Quote Originally Posted by Premy View Post
    A less promising Brilliante
    A better Pepper.

He is nothing flash, just does a job in defensive midfield. Not a great passer, not much of a touch or a dribbler but holds his position and can make the odd tackle.

I'd say the comparisons to a lesser Brillante or on par with Pepper are about right.

Cowburn hasn't been signed
    Lundy for RW/LW ahead of Pav
    Haliti back up for AMC as well
    Haliti as starting striker with who we have with Pav as back up there

I think?
    Barresi is still under contract as well for CAM.

Quote Originally Posted by The Camel View Post
    Barresi is still under contract as well for CAM.
    I chose to ignore him, nothing I have seen from him gives me reason to think he'll be successful at this level.
    I'M GULLIBLE!

Quote Originally Posted by Premy View Post
    I chose to ignore him, nothing I have seen from him gives me reason to think he'll be successful at this level.
    Then why wasn't Hoffman ignored?

Watson, poljak, kanta is far more solid than kanta, roundabout and pepper

Jeggo light. He does all of the things okay, none of them amazingly. Kind of like Pepper which Wilso said.

Quote Originally Posted by The Camel View Post
    Then why wasn't Hoffman ignored?
    I'm willing to give him another chance, I must admit that I haven't seen much of him at Heart/City but if his transformed into a RB then I'm willing to be open minded.
    I'M GULLIBLE!