Page 53 of 160 FirstFirst ... 343515253545563103153 ... LastLast
Results 1,041 to 1,060 of 3186

Thread: SQUAD FOR 2015/16 SEASON - no Griff, no party

Watson deal must be just about done as Johnny Davidson on twitter posted that he is doing a medical

Hey boys, been following the foz for a couple months now. Thought it was time to join in on the discussion. I'll start off by saying if were going to sign Watson, we may as well have well kept Zenon.

Quote Originally Posted by glassofwhiskey View Post
    Hey boys, been following the foz for a couple months now. Thought it was time to join in on the discussion. I'll start off by saying if were going to sign Watson, we may as well have well kept Zenon.
    By all reports from what I've heard Zenon after being shafted by Muppet moved back to Cairns with his family and is happy there and running his own Football clinic for kids. Very unlikely that he would uproot his family again even if an offer was forthcoming.

Quote Originally Posted by glassofwhiskey View Post
    Welcome to the madhouse
    Quote Originally Posted by Grimario View Post
    Great. He's gone from Liaoning Whowin to Newcastle Wholose.
    The Championship Chronicles - The Jetstream's review of the 2007/08 season. www.newcastlefootball.net/chronicles

Why is it that we always seem to struggle majorly with visa issues for our foreign players?

I would have thought under FFA ownership that we could have pushed these things through easier.

The Herald is reporting that Alivodic might miss out on our preseason training camp, and FFA Cup game, because of it.
    OK

Looking like Cam Watson is tied up.
    The Championship Chronicles - The Jetstream's review of the 2007/08 season. www.newcastlefootball.net/chronicles

Quote Originally Posted by pv4 View Post
    Why is it that we always seem to struggle majorly with visa issues for our foreign players?

I would have thought under FFA ownership that we could have pushed these things through easier.

The Herald is reporting that Alivodic might miss out on our preseason training camp, and FFA Cup game, because of it.
    Something has me worried about this Alivodic situation, even by the way the article was mentioning that "Other than Haliti, David Carney and rookies Lundy and Radovan Pavicevic, their front third stocks appear thin."

i dont think they are too confident that he will return. This will be a massive loss, after he picked up fitness last year he was easily one of our most potent attacking players, i was really expecting greater results with a pre-season. However all that may not be possible

Quote Originally Posted by white city View Post
    Something has me worried about this Alivodic situation, even by the way the article was mentioning that "Other than Haliti, David Carney and rookies Lundy and Radovan Pavicevic, their front third stocks appear thin."

i dont think they are too confident that he will return. This will be a massive loss, after he picked up fitness last year he was easily one of our most potent attacking players, i was really expecting greater results with a pre-season. However all that may not be possible
    Especially worrying is that, if alivodic doesn't return, he is likely to be replaced by someone like danning or de vries. We need alivodic's guile, experience and creativity, even if we sign a super no.10.

Quote Originally Posted by white city View Post

I'm with you. I've got a level of concern

I don't see how it can be that difficult tbh. He has played in the country before.

Sydney FC aka Bondi White Eagles aka Serbney FC are signing guys from Serbia and Slovakia left right and centre, and I'm confident their guys won't be blocked by red tape before the season starts.

Like I said earlier, I assumed under FFA ownership that these kind of issues would be extremely less existent. The fact that they aren't says to me that potentially in certain areas we've (ie forum geniuses) been way too harsh on former admin.
    OK

Quote Originally Posted by pv4 View Post
    I don't see how it can be that difficult tbh. He has played in the country before.

Sydney FC aka Bondi White Eagles aka Serbney FC are signing guys from Serbia and Slovakia left right and centre, and I'm confident their guys won't be blocked by red tape before the season starts.

Like I said earlier, I assumed under FFA ownership that these kind of issues would be extremely less existent. The fact that they aren't says to me that potentially in certain areas we've (ie forum geniuses) been way too harsh on former admin.
    Do we know what the issue is?

**** me. If we lose Alivodic I will seriously lose my shit.

Ditto comments about Zenon and Watson. Zenon is a far superior footballer, and dare I say athlete too.

He either is not keen to come back (Better offer in China / Middle East / Europe) or he has a criminal record in Serbia
    Dare to Zlatan

Originally Posted by Grimario

He won't make that mistake at Newcastle since our team is full of number 2's.

^^^^
    Just a hunch but recall when Alivodic came out and was very supportive of Stubbins in the media? He re-signed when Stubbins was still in charge and may have thought that he would be a key player in the Muppet's plans for next season. The Muppet is shown the door and all of a sudden he realises that he is just another player in the squad fighting for a spot under a totally new coaching set-up. Maybe he has got cold feet and won't be returning!?

Quote Originally Posted by RAM View Post
    **** me. If we lose Alivodic I will seriously lose my shit.

Ditto comments about Zenon and Watson. Zenon is a far superior footballer, and dare I say athlete too.
    I don't agree re the xenon vs Watson thing, not really worth arguing about so carry on

Roundabout could be farking infuriating sometimes....
    Go jetties

Banned
    Re Alivodic

Settle the **** down.

He will be here soon enough so stop speculating complete shit as to why he ain't here

It ain't like the Jets have a great record in organising visas international clearances etc

Just business as usual for us.

Newcastle Jets welcome Watson

Newcastle Jets can today confirm that another player has been added to the club’s Hyundai A-League 2015/16 roster, with former Adelaide United utility Cameron Watson having finalised a one-season deal with Scott Miller’s men.

Watson, who started 73 of his 106 apperarances for the Reds during his five-season spell in the city of churches arrived in Newcastle yesterday afternoon and successfully completed his medical with Jets staff.

With the ink now dry on Watson’s contract, Miller said that he is confident that the versatile former FC Porto and VVV Venlo man will prove to be a shrewd acquisition for the club.

“Cameron Watson has accumulated sound A-League experience over the past five years to complement his time developing in Europe when he was younger,” Miller said.

“A clear benefit for us is that Cameron can play not only a midfield role, but also provide cover in the right fullback position. Naturally this adds depth to our squad and will help increase competition for places in the team.”

“We view Cameron as a combative but also clever player who at 28 still has time some of his best years as a professional ahead of him,” Miller concluded.

Watson said that he is pleased to link with his second A-League club, and is excited by the opportunity he has been given with the side from Hunter Stadium.

“It’s a new challenge and a fresh start,” Watson said. “There are exciting times ahead I think with this rebuilding phase of the club.”

“In terms of my style of play, I have always prided myself on getting up and down the field and helping out in defence and attack.”

“Newcastle was always a tough place to come and play while I was with Adelaide, so I am looking forward to helping the team make sure that whenever we play we make our Members proud,” he said.
    watson IN

hope he's not wearing 3.

Quote Originally Posted by GazFish35 View Post
    watson IN

hope he's not wearing 3.