Page 56 of 160 FirstFirst ... 646545556575866106156 ... LastLast
Results 1,101 to 1,120 of 3186

Thread: SQUAD FOR 2015/16 SEASON - no Griff, no party

Quote Originally Posted by MFKS View Post
    That's not right

Lundy has 12 months left on his Yoof Contract and will be training with the squad full time just like he did last season. He will be then either selected in the NYL side or HAL side as Millertime deems fit.
    He is as contracted to the club just like Carney BK Leaky G etc.

Yes the club can choose to release him completely from his contract right now but they would be obligated to pay him out.

Millertime though may like what he sees in Brandon and offer him a big boys contract before season starts anyway. Unlikely as for simple accounting procedures with the salary cap they would be better off waiting the 12 months and then doing it thus keeping Brandon at the club but paying him less money for the meantime.

As for Cowburn he is on the same Yoof contract he was on before he played HAL level last season.

If he gets picked and plays he in the HAL he gets paid match payments as stipulated in the deal which count towards the salary cap. He is on the exact same wicket as every other kid in the Yoof team except he is expected to train with the first team.

He is too old to meet the criteria of the Yoof contract Lundy is on and the club will have to upgrade him to a senior deal in the next 12 months or cut him completely when he gets too old for the Yoof team

Difference between the two really is that Lundy has a guaranteed income from the club where as Cowburn gets peanuts unless he plays HAL or Millertime gives him a senior deal.
    Lundy hasn't yet been offered the "like for like" contract. My knowledge is that he has to earn it from "Millertime". If not then it's back to the "yoof" team. I'm a fan of Cowburn but it's not looking likely that he will earn a first team contract.

Quote Originally Posted by WolfMan View Post
    Not alone there. But I will trust the judgement of those now at the helm until they give me reason not to
    Their trials ended and they won't be signed at this stage. Doesn't mean they won't be.

Miller wants to sign the foreign 9 & 10 first. I suspect if their is any salary cap left they will either sign one of the trialists or hold the spot for January.

Quote Originally Posted by glassofwhiskey View Post
    Lundy hasn't yet been offered the "like for like" contract. My knowledge is that he has to earn it from "Millertime". If not then it's back to the "yoof" team. I'm a fan of Cowburn but it's not looking likely that he will earn a first team contract.
    The problem with these NYL contracts is that they don't bind the player. At any stage during the year another club can offer Cowburn a short term injury replacement deal and he can walk immediately.

Given the players Miller has cut so far I am beginning to think he just might be the man for the job.

Banned
    I was told from a deadset spot on sauce Lundy definitely signed his contract the day before Pascoe got his job back.
    As this subject of Pascoe getting his job back definitely came up in discussion when I last spoke to my sauce on Brandons contract status

My sauce is pretty reliable and without divulging who I am pretty content they are accurate.

If I recall the timeline of events correctly it was signed even before Millertime got the job.

Quote Originally Posted by MFKS View Post
    I was told from a deadset spot on sauce Lundy definitely signed his contract the day before Pascoe got his job back.
    As this subject of Pascoe getting his job back definitely came up in discussion when I last spoke to my sauce on Brandons contract status

My sauce is pretty reliable and without divulging who I am pretty content they are accurate.

If I recall the timeline of events correctly it was signed even before Millertime got the job.
    Fair enough, is it tomato or bbq?

Fair enough, is it tomato or bbq?
    Aioli mate.

Thinking of the salary cap..

Archie Thompson has basically been the catalyst for the FFA to look into some of a players salary being excluded from the cap if they've been with the club for 5 years. I think it's 150k exclusion.

This surely means all of either BK or Kanta's contracts will be considered outside the cap, and we have a bit more room to play with for our remaining two visa spots.

Also, apparently the FFA are moving to 2x Marquee positions, as opposed to 1x Marquee and 1x Australian Marquee.
    OK

Quote Originally Posted by pv4 View Post
    Thinking of the salary cap..

Archie Thompson has basically been the catalyst for the FFA to look into some of a players salary being excluded from the cap if they've been with the club for 5 years. I think it's 150k exclusion.

This surely means all of either BK or Kanta's contracts will be considered outside the cap, and we have a bit more room to play with for our remaining two visa spots.

Also, apparently the FFA are moving to 2x Marquee positions, as opposed to 1x Marquee and 1x Australian Marquee.
    I brought this up a few weeks back...

Its $200k exemption... But the general concensus was that because it excludes the cap the FFA wont assist...

Quote Originally Posted by tomo View Post
    I brought this up a few weeks back...

Its $200k exemption... But the general concensus was that because it excludes the cap the FFA wont assist...
    Yeah Grim and I went back and forth a bit on it and decided the Jets are a dodgy rental.
    Quote Originally Posted by Grimario View Post
    Great. He's gone from Liaoning Whowin to Newcastle Wholose.
    The Championship Chronicles - The Jetstream's review of the 2007/08 season. www.newcastlefootball.net/chronicles

re the 2 x marquee positions - Yeah what warrants piovaccari signing a maruqee poisition at WS? Hasn't played for the national side before hasn't he?

wait, i just realise i'm talking crap here. ignore
    Last edited by Beeen; 28-07-2015 at 11:23 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Beeen View Post
    what warrants piovaccari signing a maruqee poisition at WS? Hasn't played for the national side before hasn't he?
    Even though you said ignore, I feel like it's fair to point out that Piovaccari has a far, far better CV than Sydney FC's Filip Holosko. The fact that Piovaccari was "unlucky" enough not to have been born in a far lower ranked international side would be a large reason why he hasn't had international caps. And Piovaccari has come from La Liga, and scored goals in an awful team there, whereas Holosko came from Turkey. So I'd say even without the international games, Piovaccari is much more deserving of a marquee position.
    OK

Quote Originally Posted by Beeen View Post
    re the 2 x marquee positions - Yeah what warrants piovaccari signing a maruqee poisition at WS? Hasn't played for the national side before hasn't he?

wait, i just realise i'm talking crap here. ignore
    Second to what pv4 said... marquee is a daft term and the FFA just need to man up and go "we are replacing the marquee player rule with the designated player rule" and just make it simply two people (one Oz, one whatever) who don't count towards the salary cap.

Quote Originally Posted by Grimario View Post
    Second to what pv4 said... marquee is a daft term and the FFA just need to man up and go "we are replacing the marquee player rule with the designated player rule" and just make it simply two people (one Oz, one whatever) who don't count towards the salary cap.
    Yeah i realise after the signings club have made, including our own, that this is the way it should be.

Just read on the Jets Facebook the teams for the Intra Club trial. Seems a return to the 4231 is on the cards.

Jets A
    GK - BK
    RB - Hoff
    CB - Mullen
    CB - Boogs
    LB - Leaky
    CM - Poljak
    CM - Watson
    RM - Lundy
    CAM - Cooper
    LM - Carney
    ST - Haliti

Jets B
    GK - Biraz
    RB - Cowbie
    CB - Marlow
    CB - Jackson
    LB - Papas
    CM - Kanta 1
    CM - Kanta 2
    RM - de Vries
    CAM - Pavicevic
    LM - Barresi
    ST - Crowley

Subs for both teams
    Pawaik and the 5 locals.

Jets A won 1-0

Brennan missing, is he hurt?
    And Enver still waiting for VISA to be sorted.

Quote Originally Posted by The Postman View Post
    Just read on the Jets Facebook the teams for the Intra Club trial. Seems a return to the 4231 is on the cards.

Jets A
    GK - BK
    RB - Hoff
    CB - Mullen
    CB - Boogs
    LB - Leaky
    CM - Poljak
    CM - Watson
    RM - Lundy
    CAM - Cooper
    LM - Carney
    ST - Haliti

Jets B
    GK - Biraz
    RB - Cowbie
    CB - Marlow
    CB - Jackson
    LB - Papas
    CM - Kanta 1
    CM - Kanta 2
    RM - de Vries
    CAM - Pavicevic
    LM - Barresi
    ST - Crowley

Subs for both teams
    Pawaik and the 5 locals.

Jets A won 1-0

Brennan missing, is he hurt?
    And Enver still waiting for VISA to be sorted.
    So BK numéro un?
    Dare to Zlatan

Originally Posted by Grimario

He won't make that mistake at Newcastle since our team is full of number 2's.

Quote Originally Posted by lquiquer View Post
    So BK numéro un?
    They switched after the first 20 minute period.

So Labi scored against BK...

Let the debate rage on

Debate?

There isn't one.

Labs is king!

Real question about the match is "did labi bust out the chest after scoring?"

Envers visa is cleared and will be in town saturday afternoon