6. Cameron Watson - 15/16
    7. Enver Alivodic - 15/16
    9. Miloš Trifunović - 15/16
    10. Leonardo - 15/16
    18. Josh Baressi - 15/16
    22. Lachlan Jackson - 15/16
    23. David Carney - 15/16
    25. Brandon Lundy - 15/16
    Birraz, Carney and Jackson are a definite from me.
    Kanta at the right price.
    Hoff and Baressi the jury is still out, but like Kanta at the right price.
    Leo and Milos need to get consistent to warrant a Visa spot
    Lundy and Enver can pack their bags.

Edit: Cowburn deserves a full time professional contract
    Last edited by Premy; 26-10-2015 at 11:28 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by #fixsmithpark View Post
    I'M GULLIBLE!

Quote Originally Posted by Premy View Post
    Lundy and Enver can pack their bags.
    Lol wut?

Quote Originally Posted by WolfMan View Post
    Lol wut?
    Defensively can not fault him, works back, gets behind the ball and close down space.

With the ball he is honking.
    Constantly gets caught in possession, turns the ball over to easy with wayward passes, is a yard off the pace of most A-League defenders, plays far to narrow for winger (watch next game how many times he comes in to the middle of the park when the ball is on the opposite flank), I'm yet to see him actually strike a ball decently (his to goals have been a tap in and a miss hit shot that dribbled in on the far stick). The way I see it is our Visa players need to be an absolute stand out and in my opinion Enver is mediocre at best.
    I'M GULLIBLE!

Defensively can not fault him, works back, gets behind the ball and close down space.

With the ball he is honking.
    Constantly gets caught in possession, turns the ball over to easy with wayward passes, is a yard off the pace of most A-League defenders, plays far to narrow for winger (watch next game how many times he comes in to the middle of the park when the ball is on the opposite flank), I'm yet to see him actually strike a ball decently (his to goals have been a tap in and a miss hit shot that dribbled in on the far stick). The way I see it is our Visa players need to be an absolute stand out and in my opinion Enver is mediocre at best.
    Keep Enver and get rid of Cabbage! You don't always need wingers who hug the touchline, that's just one type of winger. If we can find someone better then move him on, but at the moment he is doing a good job. He just needs to remember how to dribble with the ball and not leave it behind.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jeterpool View Post
    I do it just for you. My goal in life is to have a quote in someone's signature.

Kanta and Hoffman should stay... Local lads both playing really well right now.
    Hoffman does a good job at right fullback for (i'm assuming) the right price. He is the kind of player the club needs i think.
    Remember its the
    A-league we cant have superstars in every single position. Look at Victory, a team that seems like they should be over the salary cap but still has to field a player like Broxham. Hoff does a really good job and signing someone else at right full back would be spending money best spent elsewhere.

Kanta, well this is the best football he has played in years. If he keeps this up he should get another year no doubt!
    WE DON'T DO WALKING AWAY !

Quote Originally Posted by Frodo View Post
    Keep Enver and get rid of Cabbage! You don't always need wingers who hug the touchline, that's just one type of winger. If we can find someone better then move him on, but at the moment he is doing a good job. He just needs to remember how to dribble with the ball and not leave it behind.
    Football for Dummies have a read of it.

The only time you don't want a winger hugging the line is when your fullbacks overlap, since Lee is the only fullback we have that overlaps and his injured there's no need for him to be in the middle of the park. Coming of his wing all his doing is closing down Leo, Milos, Poljak and Kanta's space, Football is a basic game made complicated by idiots.
    I'M GULLIBLE!

Football for Dummies have a read of it.

The only time you don't want a winger hugging the line is when your fullbacks overlap, since Lee is the only fullback we have that overlaps and his injured there's no need for him to be in the middle of the park. Coming of his wing all his doing is closing down Leo, Milos, Poljak and Kanta's space, Football is a basic game made complicated by idiots.
    Yeah, Milos has been having trouble with too many players in and around him all year hasn't he?

We play counter-attacking football, so although your point is correct most of the time, i reckon you're wrong on this one. We have a set of 3 attacking mids, no wingers. Carney and Enver both go inside as much as possible to create shooting opportunities. I think you're looking at this the wrong way. Enver isn't the problem here, Miller just needs to get Hoffman/Cowburn/Jackson to overlap and use the space left by Enver rather than leaving him out wide trying to outpace fullbacks to the byline.

Some of our better play happens when Enver and Cabbage both attack the same side, we win plenty of free kicks in dangerous positions from it.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jeterpool View Post
    I do it just for you. My goal in life is to have a quote in someone's signature.

Birraz, Jackson and Carney should stay.
    If Kanta and Hoffman keep up the form they're on and are at a good price then sign them back up
    Lundy I'd rather see go back into the youth, not a-league ready yet.
    Watson and Baressi can go, Watson is a terrible player and Baressi I don't need to see any of, no faith he's worth keeping around
    I think one of Leo, Enver or Milos needs to go next season for hopefully an international marquee next season. Enver isn't looking up to the quality he was at last season sadly, Leo looks like he could be the goods and Milos by seasons end needs to have his goals in the doubles by seasons end
    Last edited by Mark325; 27-10-2015 at 01:05 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Frodo View Post
    Yeah, Milos has been having trouble with too many players in and around him all year hasn't he?

We play counter-attacking football, so although your point is correct most of the time, i reckon you're wrong on this one. We have a set of 3 attacking mids, no wingers. Carney and Enver both go inside as much as possible to create shooting opportunities. I think you're looking at this the wrong way. Enver isn't the problem here, Miller just needs to get Hoffman/Cowburn/Jackson to overlap and use the space left by Enver rather than leaving him out wide trying to outpace fullbacks to the byline.

Some of our better play happens when Enver and Cabbage both attack the same side, we win plenty of free kicks in dangerous positions from it.
    I've no problem with him drifting in occasionally but when he constantly plays in Leo's pocket and limits the options of whoever is holding the ball its problematic. Aside from his positional play when we have the ball he still has far to many short comings to warrant a Visa position in the A-League.
    I'M GULLIBLE!

3 games into a new season with a new coach and 2 wins already I certainly wouldnt be writing off Alivodic Leonardo or trifunovic. They arnt signed as marquee players and can only get better as the season goes on one would think. Enver may be better left on one side of the pitch (seems to go better on the right) rather than being swapped during games so far with carney/lundy. Alivodic was actually unmarked a few times on the left in the 2nd half and screaming for the ball but wasnt getting it. Carney and Leonardo seem to get in each others way a bit so far especially when carney plays on the right and always looks to cut back in on his left.

Hoff, kanta doing well at this rate.
    Cowburn - sign the lad up.
    Leo and milos - another few games and decisions to be made, but they're looking good.
    Carney - looking like a must.
    Enver - works bloody hard and still finding his feet, consistently tracking back which is what you want. The attacking form comes.. Hard work and commitment, you either have it or you don't.

Originally Posted by RAM
    **** me. If we lose Alivodic I will seriously lose my shit.

Ditto comments about Zenon and Watson. Zenon is a far superior footballer, and dare I say athlete too.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tommyjet View Post
    I don't agree re the xenon vs Watson thing, not really worth arguing about so carry on
    Bump

Quote Originally Posted by RAM View Post
    Bump
    I don't know why I'm bothering to reply to you at all but I still don't agree so move on

Zenon

Lets just poach Berish then the others will follow. Also put out false salary figures so to keep up with Jones'

I know kale is local but I don't think he is what we need with all respect to stopper and co calling for his inclusion.

I believe milos lujic is exactly what we need. Consistently banged in goals in the vpl (easily a level or 2 above our local league) over the last few years or more.
    A big lump that can play with his back to goal and a good finisher.
    Someone being realistic and talking some sense not talking "pie in the sky" rubbish.
    Lujic would be someone to consider, has played U/17's and U/20's for Australia so he would be definitely one to consider. I'm assuming he is around mid-20's which I consider the ideal age. The thing is you bring a player like him who is hungry to get an A League career, he performs well as an injury replacement for Labi, he is then in the mix to get a contract for the following season.Need to start thinking long-term not just "band-aid" solutions.

As for already talking about who we should keep for next season, we are only 3 games in FFS. At the very least I wouldn't even be discussing this till after the half-way mark.

Isn't the entire reason Lujic hasn't signed with anyone is because he already has a full time job that's a certainty and isn't willing to give up on that for the possibility of a short term injury replacement?

Quote Originally Posted by Grimario View Post
    Isn't the entire reason Lujic hasn't signed with anyone is because he already has a full time job that's a certainty and isn't willing to give up on that for the possibility of a short term injury replacement?
    I think he is also getting good coin from SMFC combined with his Salary no A-League club are willing to offer him close to what he is already on.
    I'M GULLIBLE!

I don't know why I'm bothering to reply to you at all but I still don't agree so move on
    So you still think Watson is better than Zenon...

I think he is also getting good coin from SMFC combined with his Salary no A-League club are willing to offer him close to what he is already on.
    Agree, he'd be on good coin at SMFC. However, it didn't stop him doing stints with SFC or Wellington in the past. If the dream to play in a professional league is still alive for him then unlike the past I think we would have a good chance of getting him here given that Labi is gone for the season. Oh, and that we also have a very capable coach who looks destined to go places.

Andrew Nabbout was apparently offered a deal but knocked us back.... thank god!
    WE DON'T DO WALKING AWAY !