Page 95 of 160 FirstFirst ... 45859394959697105145 ... LastLast
Results 1,881 to 1,900 of 3186

Thread: SQUAD FOR 2015/16 SEASON - no Griff, no party

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Premy View Post
    So do we look for an Aussie at LB spot and save the visa for a decent Striker?
    Midfield is whats killing us.

Milos may well be a lazy **** but the service he gets is shit. No wonder he is losing interest

We need to control the midfield more

Take pressure of Birraz and Back 4 as well as get more happening in attack

Money needs to be spent on someone in CM

The family moved to Newcastle in July, but the Herald understands a lack of a support network was a factor in his return to Korea.
    This last line in the Herald article is what has concerned me the most. I wonder whether there is any truth to it? Because if there is, it just demonstrates how lacking in resources our club really is.
    Quote Originally Posted by Grimario View Post
    Great. He's gone from Liaoning Whowin to Newcastle Wholose.
    The Championship Chronicles - The Jetstream's review of the 2007/08 season. www.newcastlefootball.net/chronicles

Dear Santa:
    Sign Griff you useless fat ****.

Ta,
    Plague.

Quote Originally Posted by MFKS View Post
    Midfield is whats killing us.

Milos may well be a lazy **** but the service he gets is shit. No wonder he is losing interest

We need to control the midfield more

Take pressure of Birraz and Back 4 as well as get more happening in attack

Money needs to be spent on someone in CM
    This is exactly the issue.

Generally our defence is OK, but if you can't hold it in the mids and keep putting the defence under pressure, eventually its going to crack.

Who knows how good Milos could be, with the service he gets he may as well not be there.

The thing is, not only are the mids not controlling it, they are giving us nothing moving forward. I don't see any depth in these positions either. I'd much rather see any money spent, being spent on bolstering the mids.

We aren't going to see any money spent though.

Quote Originally Posted by Jeterpool View Post
    This last line in the Herald article is what has concerned me the most. I wonder whether there is any truth to it? Because if there is, it just demonstrates how lacking in resources our club really is.
    It not like the club doesn't have a history of terrible support for OS players.

Quote Originally Posted by sammydog View Post

It not like the club doesn't have a history of terrible support for OS players.

So true.

I'll also add to your point, it also doesn't help that we have zero speed up front. The threat of being able to knock it over the top isn't there which allows the opposition line to push up high. This closes the space in which the game is played in the midfield and creates additional pressure in the centre of the park.

That's how I see it anyway.
    Last edited by Jeterpool; 16-12-2015 at 11:07 AM.
    The Championship Chronicles - The Jetstream's review of the 2007/08 season. www.newcastlefootball.net/chronicles

Who knows how good Milos could be, with the service he gets he may as well not be there.

lol how many sitters has he missed this season?

Generally our defence is OK,
    Wot?

The coward coach dedicates 7/11 of his players who's only job is to stop the other team scoring and the only redeeming feature is the stellar form of the 'keeper.

Team performance is terrible.
    Coach is a joke.

Quote Originally Posted by plague View Post
    Wot?

The coward coach dedicates 7/11 of his players who's only job is to stop the other team scoring and the only redeeming feature is the stellar form of the 'keeper.

Team performance is terrible.
    Coach is a joke.
    Plague is right. This is a comparison of the opposition's data for the first 10 rounds of this season and last.

2010/11 - 149 shots, 57 on target, 21 goals conceded. Our keeper had made 30 saves.

2011/12 - 150 shots, 54 on target, 12 goals conceded. Our keeper had made 41 saves.

It's simply the outstanding form of Birighitti, primarily, and Kennedy (he has kept a clean sheet this year people!) that has created the illusion that our defence is tighter than last year.

I think we are better ORGANISED but because we allow teams to run at us and have the space we are still allowing the same around of shots.

These shots might be coming from further out, but they're still on target, missing or blocked.
    Last edited by Jeterpool; 16-12-2015 at 12:19 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Jeterpool View Post
    Plague is right.
    Jeterpool is right.

In my opinion with Boogard our defence is a lot better. But I hate relying on one player. (Or two, boogs and birraz).

I really think Milos has lost interest. At the start of the season I thought he looked good, energetic and all that. The only thing I hated was the fact he tried to make the simplest finish look stylish which ended up ****ing things. Now though, couldn't even be arsed getting onside.

The honeymoon for the new coach is over. It looks like this season is turning out like last season. I personally think we need quicker wide players. Replace Carney and Enver with some young blokes with speed. Of course they have to be able to kick a ball and all that not just run but I really think we need quicker players out there.

Discuss...

RYAN Griffiths said he would have returned to the Newcastle Jets for “nearly nothing” but was never approached by the A-League club.

The 34-year-old winger made his debut at the Jack Newton Celebrity Classic on Tuesday at the Crowne Plaza Hunter Valley, alongside brother and former Jets star Joel.

Griffiths will join Hong Kong Premier League club South China AA in the January transfer window, from Malaysia’s Sarawak, but was candid about where his preference lay.

“I wanted to come back and play for the Jets if there was an opportunity, and there was, but I didn’t get offered anything,” Griffiths said. “That was a little disappointing. It would have been nice even if they couldn’t fit me in the budget, if they said, ‘We’re thinking of you.’”

That opportunity was the season-ending knee injury to striker Labinot Haliti in round two against Sydney FC. The Jets, who already have three 30-plus players in their forward line, eventually signed 21-year-old attacking midfielder Ryan Kitto as an injury-waiver replacement.

Griffiths played the last of his 56 A-League games for the Jets in 2013 before he joined China’s Beijing Baxy.

The following year he spent an unhappy four-game stint at Adelaide United before moving to Malaysia.

He said the Adelaide experience had taught him he was passionate only about the Jets.

“I got offers from other clubs, but I don’t want to play for them,” he said.

“It’s Newcastle or nothing in the A-League. I’d rather be overseas.”

Griffiths has never met first-year Jets coach Scott Miller but is optimistic about the direction of the club.

“Things are starting to get better, and I hope they get it right,” he said. “I’m a supporter and watch games online. I want them to be successful. I know how big they can be in the Hunter.”

Quote Originally Posted by Jetmaster View Post
    Discuss...
    2nd highest scorer for the club. Knows where the back of the net is. Is related to Joel. Should have signed him.

walked out on the club, is 34, "next to nothing" is probably still going to be in excess of $100K, is probably getting slower every week.

if he's so keen to play, why didn't he approach the jets?

The way I see it, no one in the football department was here when he was around.

I would have taken him, J griff at 34 last year still worked his ass off in games. All 3 of them have always been in peak condition fitness wise.

Quote Originally Posted by belchardo View Post
    walked out on the club, is 34, "next to nothing" is probably still going to be in excess of $100K, is probably getting slower every week.

on my recollection the club made him go so they could re-sign Goodwin.
    Quote Originally Posted by militiamon View Post
    Body gets Stretch drunk, miracle occurs.

Hail Body!

Next to nothing is still massively overpaying him.

Quote Originally Posted by belchardo View Post

this - we need some speed

Banned
    Apparently whilst listening to the radio whilst driving home our coach was pontificating about signing someone in central midfield or attacker with the money freed up by Leaky G going

Reckons we can get by for now with Jackson and Cowburn at LB

I am pleased to hear he seems to have a clue here

Quote Originally Posted by MFKS View Post
    Apparently whilst listening to the radio whilst driving home our coach was pontificating about signing someone in central midfield or attacker with the money freed up by Leaky G going

Reckons we can get by for now with Jackson and Cowburn at LB

I am pleased to hear he seems to have a clue here
    Good news, let's hope he has better success finding a decent import than he did with Leonardo and milos.
    If we lose carney too I think moving Leonardo to the wing and finding another attacking mid would be the way to go.
    Last edited by Tommyjet; 16-12-2015 at 05:59 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Tommyjet View Post
    Good news, let's hope he has better success finding a decent import than he did with Leonardo and milos.
    If we lose carney too I think moving Leonardo to the wing and finding another attacking mid would be the way to go.
    Or give Lundy an extended run so we can make sure he isn't just another Virgili that kills it at youth.

Quote Originally Posted by Tommyjet View Post
    Fitness questions aside, do you really think Leonardo is rubbish?

I notice a massive difference in skill and general effectiveness of the team, especially in attack, whenever he is on the pitch. But that's just my opinion