Page 1 of 49 12311 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 20 of 969

Thread: The TV Shows Thread

  1. #1
    Senior Member Bon's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Location
    Newcastle
    Posts
    3,242

    The TV Shows Thread

    Noticed this one was missing since the foz overhaul..

    I've been "acquiring" a heap of late 90's/early noughties British comedies of late..
    The League Of Gentlemen, Brasseye, Big Train, The Green Wing, Psychoville..

    I've only really had the time to get stuck in to Big Train and The League of Gentlemen so far, both are absolutely brilliant.. hahaha.. Soooo funny..


  2. #2
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Location
    Brügglifeld's Terraces, Switzerland
    Posts
    1,415
    Outnumbered
    Amigos Aarau

  3. #3
    in awe of baz GazFish35's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Posts
    6,421
    Quote Originally Posted by goaliepersempre View Post
    Outnumbered
    Agreed.


    Episodes seems okay too so far

  4. #4
    Senior Member Bon's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Location
    Newcastle
    Posts
    3,242
    I've never seen Outnumbered.. Might have to check it out too..

    I've also been cranking the new-ish Doctor Who series.. Is it just me, or is Billie Piper a bit of alright for a curvy chav?

  5. #5
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Posts
    7,141
    I haven't watched much on TV in a long, long time... pretty much the stuff I do watch regularly is by Denton or Micallef.

    Should I watch Game of Thrones and Breaking Bad?

  6. #6
    Senior Member Bon's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Location
    Newcastle
    Posts
    3,242
    Quote Originally Posted by Grimario View Post
    I haven't watched much on TV in a long, long time... pretty much the stuff I do watch regularly is by Denton or Micallef.

    Should I watch Game of Thrones and Breaking Bad?
    Thats ALL that my roommate watches.. I haven't seen either of them before though.. The amount that they are hyped up combined with the insane amount that he watches (and hides from the world) is enough to keep me away from it for now..

  7. #7
    brutally rapes small, cute dogs parksey's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Posts
    2,335
    Games of Thrones is just amazing.

  8. #8
    Senior Member WolfMan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Location
    Newcastle
    Posts
    1,928
    I watch both, but prefer Breaking Bad. Storylines are much more intriguing to me, but that's just a personal opinion. Both quality shows.

    Anyway...Green Wing = masterful. Perfect example of a show choosing to go out at the height of its popularity rather than die a slow death.


  9. #9
    Senior Member Rocknerd's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Location
    The Blue Mountains
    Posts
    639
    Breaking bad is awesome and I've only heard good things about thrones and broadwalk empires.

    I'm still digging the Walkig Dead, Community (even though Sony are going to destroy it next season) 30 Rock, Episodes, American Horror Story and I still dabble in Falling Sky's (i've not seen any of season 2 yet) and Fringe.

    i'm also getting into Once upon a time and still digging Suppernatural even though they've got stuck on the whole Christianity thing.

  10. #10
    aka WLG pv4's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Posts
    7,252
    community is awesome, why/how are they going to destroy it?

    i've only watched the first two-three eps of walking dead but absolutely love it.
    OK

  11. #11
    Senior Member Rocknerd's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Location
    The Blue Mountains
    Posts
    639
    Quote Originally Posted by pv4 View Post
    community is awesome, why/how are they going to destroy it?

    i've only watched the first two-three eps of walking dead but absolutely love it.
    Sony have removed Dan Hammond as show runner and almost all of the writters have left prior to or since been removed by Sony and the people who created and write Happy endings are taking over the show.
    Also all contracts are up at the end of the shortened 4th season (14 eps only) and will no doubt be cancelled from then..

  12. #12
    aka WLG pv4's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Posts
    7,252
    Quote Originally Posted by Rocknerd View Post
    Sony have removed Dan Hammond as show runner and almost all of the writters have left prior to or since been removed by Sony and the people who created and write Happy endings are taking over the show.
    Also all contracts are up at the end of the shortened 4th season (14 eps only) and will no doubt be cancelled from then..
    no 6 seasons and a movie?
    OK

  13. #13
    Senior Member Rocknerd's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Location
    The Blue Mountains
    Posts
    639
    the running joke now is 3 seasons and a boycott.

  14. #14
    infant member plague's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Posts
    13,766
    Cannot recommend Breaking Bad enough. You HAVE to watch it from the start and not get frustrated if the pace slows down every now and then. It all ties in so well and the way you change opinions on the characters is really cool.
    Season 5 (final season) starts in the U.S. this week (Showcase here at the end of the month) but it's supposed to be dragged out across about 14 months for about 18 episodes. Just hope it doesn't ruin it.
    Anyway that's the only non sport TV I'm watching at the moment.

    The next one that's been recommended to me has been The Wire. Anyone got an opinion on it?

  15. #15
    in awe of baz GazFish35's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Posts
    6,421
    Quote Originally Posted by Bon View Post
    I've never seen Outnumbered.. Might have to check it out too..
    If you have kids, you'll either cry laughing, or just curl up in a ball and cry.

  16. #16
    Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Location
    The artist formerly known as Cookers
    Posts
    83
    Quote Originally Posted by Gary Fish View Post
    If you have kids, you'll either cry laughing, or just curl up in a ball and cry.
    +1

    For a 'day in the life of an average family' show, which is what it basically is, it's piss funny. And a lot scary!

    Quote Originally Posted by plague View Post
    Cannot recommend Breaking Bad enough. You HAVE to watch it from the start and not get frustrated if the pace slows down every now and then. It all ties in so well and the way you change opinions on the characters is really cool.
    Season 5 (final season) starts in the U.S. this week (Showcase here at the end of the month) but it's supposed to be dragged out across about 14 months for about 18 episodes. Just hope it doesn't ruin it.
    Anyway that's the only non sport TV I'm watching at the moment.

    The next one that's been recommended to me has been The Wire. Anyone got an opinion on it?
    Get into it, it's fantastic. Similar to BB in that it's a bit slow to start but once you're into it it'll keep you going back for more (I 'acquired' the first couple of eps and didn't watch them for a while, but once I did I went on a 'The Wire' watching spree, knocking over 3 or 4 eps a night till I'd finished it). Gritty police drama, corruption, poverty, drugs, politics and some quality twists and turns.

  17. #17
    Occasional Podcaster furns's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Location
    Branxton
    Posts
    4,753
    Walking Dead, American Horror Story, Episodes, Poor Decisions of Todd Margaret, Franklin & Bash, Tosh.0 and Lost Girl are all series linked on my iq.
    Reality/doco wise also keen on Full Throttle Saloon, Gold Rush, Flying Wild Alaska
    I have Boardwalk Empire and Game of Thrones by "other means"
    Trying to get into XIII, Life's too short and Caprica but they aren't gripping me.
    Last edited by furns; 12-07-2012 at 07:24 PM.

  18. #18
    ive been watching a show on ABC 3 called horrible history with my 7 y.o daughter its a riot especially the segment called stupid deaths.http://youtu.be/3BKxZRFVg8s

  19. #19
    infant member plague's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Posts
    13,766
    Quote Originally Posted by furns View Post
    Walking Dead, American Horror Story, Episodes, Poor Decisions of Todd Margaret, Franklin & Bash, Tosh.0 and Lost Girl are all series linked on my iq.
    Reality/doco wise also keen on Full Throttle Saloon, Gold Rush, Flying Wild Alaska
    I have Boardwalk Empire and Game of Thrones by "other means"
    Trying to get into XIII, Life's too short and Caprica but they aren't gripping me.
    Do you have a TV in your shitter or something?
    Where do you find the time?

  20. #20
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Posts
    16
    Quote Originally Posted by plague View Post

    The next one that's been recommended to me has been The Wire. Anyone got an opinion on it?
    The Wire is a great show. Fully deserves the 9.5 rating on imdb.

    I've watched all of community and rate it highly shame about the change of writers and ect as mentioned above. Seen all of breaking bad as well which can be frustrating at times due to the slow pace but well worth sticking out. Currently onto the last season of mad men and its good, has certain episodes based on america's famous historical events from the 1960's which are pretty well done. There was even a mention of england winning the world cup in 1966.

    I'll probably watch game of thrones next or sopranos.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •