Page 50 of 52 FirstFirst ... 404849505152 LastLast
Results 981 to 1,000 of 1034

Thread: The TV Shows Thread

Quote Originally Posted by plague View Post
    ok, after going back and reading the thread i stand by the shows i liked and watched this year:

Silicon Valley.
    The Watchmen.
    Righteous Gemstones.
    Dave Chappelle special.
    Money Heist.
    (for some reason) re-binged Entourage.

i also stand by the shows i didnt like:
    Game of Thrones (aint exactly on an island there am i).
    Chernobyl (accents killed me, valid point).

Shows im interested in but havent got around to:
    The Boys (i dont have Amazon my god there are so many apps, too many apps).
    New Better Call Saul (its on Stan isnt it? again, too many apps, we need less apps).

ok ive got it, the NF.net TV podcast starring Plague and pv4. better than talking about the stinking Jets.
    Jeterpool, have your people call my people.
    I signed up for the weekly trial of Amazon and found some great shows on there to watch.

At $59 a year it’s probably the cheapest of all the platforms too.

Quote Originally Posted by Aegon View Post
    I signed up for the weekly trial of Amazon and found some great shows on there to watch.

At $59 a year it’s probably the cheapest of all the platforms too.
    Have it on my phone, find the app clunkier then say netflix - especially no continue watching.

Watching Community and at the moment I always have to swipe through a few shows to start watching again.
    Amigos Aarau

Quote Originally Posted by goaliepersempre View Post
    Have it on my phone, find the app clunkier then say netflix - especially no continue watching.

Watching Community and at the moment I always have to swipe through a few shows to start watching again.
    Even on Apple TV resuming from where you left off can be tedious. I watched first 2 seasons of the expanse on Netflix and then went straight to season 3 on Amazon. It keeps trying to send me back to the latest season rather than continuing where I left off.

Sunderland till I die season 2 is out, Pretty good so far, Wish more clubs did stuff like this but understand why they dont
    Quote Originally Posted by lquiquer View Post
    Welcome to the circus ... And I can't argue any of your points... In contention for best first post of the year... ��

Quote Originally Posted by parksey View Post
    love at first sight

Quote Originally Posted by StannyCFCJET View Post
    Sunderland till I die season 2 is out, Pretty good so far, Wish more clubs did stuff like this but understand why they dont
    Man City and Tottenham have done it. Spuds one is for this season, so they get the Covid stuff in theirs. Which is more interesting than any of their games at least.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jeterpool View Post
    I do it just for you. My goal in life is to have a quote in someone's signature.

Wait people are watching literally anything other than Tiger King currently?
    OK

Quote Originally Posted by pv4 View Post
    What is Tiger King?
    Welcome to the circus ... And I can't argue any of your points... In contention for best first post of the year... ��

love at first sight

What is Tiger King?

Just watch it pal, it is on Netflix. No words can do it justice.
    OK

I'll move this here Stanny.

Firstly, I got the years wrong. The writers strike was through season 7, and that was the one that was great until about episode 11, after that the show finished off poorly as they had none of their regular writers.

Season 8 was only done to give a proper send off for characters leaving the show, Zach Braff was one of a couple that had other projects in the works. Season 8 was the end of Scrubs and most sitcoms have terrible final seasons.

ABC wanted to reinvent the show as something new which is why they tried Season 9 and turned it into a teaching hospital. They should have changed the name and made it clear that it was a spin off. They could have gotten an extra season or two out of it.
    I do it just for you. My goal in life is to have a quote in someone's signature.

Quote Originally Posted by Frodo View Post
    I'll move this here Stanny.

Firstly, I got the years wrong. The writers strike was through season 7, and that was the one that was great until about episode 11, after that the show finished off poorly as they had none of their regular writers.

Season 8 was only done to give a proper send off for characters leaving the show, Zach Braff was one of a couple that had other projects in the works. Season 8 was the end of Scrubs and most sitcoms have terrible final seasons.

ABC wanted to reinvent the show as something new which is why they tried Season 9 and turned it into a teaching hospital. They should have changed the name and made it clear that it was a spin off. They could have gotten an extra season or two out of it.
    They tried to change the name for season 9 wernt allowed I heard. I also felt that JD and Elliot had been done to death and didn't work then bam it worked

Season 1 to 5 though 10/10

The finest TV show of all time is currently FREE to stream if you chuck on a VPN and head to HBO.

**** I love The Wire.

I got stuck on Season 1 of The Wire.

The first 3 or 4 episodes are slow as ****. I almost bailed... but then it's pure gold.

Speaking of Scrubs. The actors of JD and Turk have a new podcast where they talk about a episode of Scrubs each week

Speaking of Scrubs. The actors of JD and Turk have a new podcast where they talk about a episode of Scrubs each week
    Twice a week now, it's very popular.

Quote Originally Posted by Frodo View Post
    Twice a week now, it's very popular.
    Oh twice a week hell yeah

love at first sight

Quote Originally Posted by pv4 View Post
    Am currently catching up on all the DC Arrowverse shows Im several seasons behind in. Have caught up with Arrow, The Flash and Supergirl up to Elseworlds crossover, just need to knock over Legends so I can watch Elseworlds then go again to catch up to Infinite Earths crossover.
    Also went back and watched Band of Brothers and The Pacific. Still love them.
    Subscribe to The Jetstream Podcast http://www.newcastlefootball.net/podcast

Quote Originally Posted by furns View Post
    Am currently catching up on all the DC Arrowverse shows Im several seasons behind in. Have caught up with Arrow, The Flash and Supergirl up to Elseworlds crossover, just need to knock over Legends so I can watch Elseworlds then go again to catch up to Infinite Earths crossover.
    Also went back and watched Band of Brothers and The Pacific. Still love them.
    Loved Arrow and Flash but couldnt get into the other ones which made it hard when they kept crossing over.

Also they are making a third Band of Brothers style show about the British Air force which Im super excited for. Try and watch Band of Brothers and the Pacific once a year

love at first sight

Loved Arrow and Flash but couldnt get into the other ones which made it hard when they kept crossing over.

Also they are making a third Band of Brothers style show about the British Air force which Im super excited for. Try and watch Band of Brothers and the Pacific once a year
    Yep - Masters of the Air. They were in pre-production but Id say thats ground to a halt like everything else. Going to be an Apple+ exclusive title as well which means Ill have to subscribe to another bloody streaming service.
    Subscribe to The Jetstream Podcast http://www.newcastlefootball.net/podcast