Page 52 of 52 FirstFirst ... 242505152
Results 1,021 to 1,034 of 1034

Thread: The TV Shows Thread

Quote Originally Posted by Bremsstrahlung View Post
    Just started season 4 of The Boys.
    Episode 1 was something else, lol. The rest so far seems like a slow build up to something big.

For any documentary lovers out there Prehistoric Planet with David Attenborough is amazing. It's only on Apple TV + at this stage though.
    All opinions expressed here are my own.

"Tell me and I forget. Teach me and I remember. Involve me and I learn." -Benjamin Franklin

Quote Originally Posted by Aegon View Post
    Episode 1 was something else, lol. The rest so far seems like a slow build up to something big.
    Great show. Love the writing and the satire. Karl Urban is brilliant
    "It is not that I am afraid to die; its just that I don't want to be there when it happens" - Woody Allen

The only show I’m currently watching is still Better Call Saul and it’s almost over. I have no idea how they’re going to wrap the entire thing with 2 episodes left but that’s always how it seems to go. Like we can sense the trajectory is aiming at the ground now, but it seems like they could spend another season to get to the landing (or crash) if they wanted. Instead there’s 2 episodes.
    Last edited by cowolter; 15-08-2022 at 05:12 AM.

Have recently finished:
    Foundation on Apple TV+
    Peacemaker on Binge
    The Terminal List on Prime

Highly recommend all 3, all for very different reasons.

"Tell me and I forget. Teach me and I remember. Involve me and I learn." -Benjamin Franklin

космонавт-исследователь boz-monaut's Avatar
    if you've got a Disney+ subscription, I highly recommend "Welcome to Wrexham"

it's about Ryan Reynolds and Rob McElhenney buying Wrexham AFC

two episodes of eight in, with new ones coming every Thursday

it's really good at getting the passion and genuine shitness of supporting this game, and the impact on the people in the club and those poor bastards supporting them

Ryan Reynolds quote: "I am so obsessed with this sport now that I actually hate this sport. Like, I wish it didn't occupy my every thought,"

Quote Originally Posted by boz-monaut View Post

it's really good at getting the passion and genuine shitness of supporting this game, and the impact on the people in the club and those poor bastards supporting them

Ryan Reynolds quote: "I am so obsessed with this sport now that I actually hate this sport. Like, I wish it didn't occupy my every thought,"
    Started watching this on your recommendation, very good so far
    Jaliens gives me the horn

You've piqued my interest!
    Cheers Boz
    Klyden, after inhaling the smoke from a cigarette:- (S02E11)
    "I feel as if I have been standing my entire life, and I just sat down."
    The Orville - returning to SBS. June 3rd, 2022

космонавт-исследователь boz-monaut's Avatar
    a streaming show about two celebrities buying a football club has no right to be that emotional

maybe it's just me being a cancer survivor goal keeper - but watch ep5 by yourself

I'll watch ep6 another day

a streaming show about two celebrities buying a football club has no right to be that emotional

maybe it's just me being a cancer survivor goal keeper - but watch ep5 by yourself

I'll watch ep6 another day
    Have watched ep.4 will have to see them over the weekend. Really enjoying it so far.

Interested to see how this pans out…

https://keepup.com.au/news/want-unpr...ues-all-access

From what I’ve read, it seems to be more of a focus on one person per episode type thing. Opposed to a season doco similar to all or nothing etc.

Pass - really, I am not that interested in anything other than the core business of playing games.
    Only one bloke on this foz constantly makes me laugh Plague and it ain't you - MFKS

As someone who loved the books by Tolkien and really enjoyed the Peter Jackson's movie trilogy, I watched Amazon's Rings of Power and can quite safely say I will not be watching the second season.

The script was woeful with many plot holes and as much as the show is visually just epic, if I had to sit through another slow motion horse riding scene I think I'd throw something at the TV.

People are complaining about the casting. Not sure why as I think they all did a serviceable job with the abysmal scripts they were given.

On the flip side, after being bitterly disappointed with how A Game of Thrones ended I gave A Dance of Dragons a chance and absolutely loved it. Great story telling & they got the casting perfect considering the time jumps.

The only weak points have been some of the fight scenes. For the laman might be difficult to get their head around the time jumps as they aren't very clarified very well.

Also super impressed with the couple of episodes I have seen of Andor so far.

Kinda agree on rings of power. Went in with low expectations and although there are some good points. On the whole it's underwhelming and ffs no more harfoots please

Quote Originally Posted by Aegon View Post
    As someone who loved the books by Tolkien and really enjoyed the Peter Jackson's movie trilogy, I watched Amazon's Rings of Power and can quite safely say I will not be watching the second season.

The script was woeful with many plot holes and as much as the show is visually just epic, if I had to sit through another slow motion horse riding scene I think I'd throw something at the TV.

People are complaining about the casting. Not sure why as I think they all did a serviceable job with the abysmal scripts they were given.

On the flip side, after being bitterly disappointed with how A Game of Thrones ended I gave A Dance of Dragons a chance and absolutely loved it. Great story telling & they got the casting perfect considering the time jumps.

The only weak points have been some of the fight scenes. For the laman might be difficult to get their head around the time jumps as they aren't very clarified very well.

Also super impressed with the couple of episodes I have seen of Andor so far.
    Original GoT did my head in trying to get into it at the start. Here old mate and his wife, no that’s his sister, what, and these kids are whose? But this family doesn’t like this family. I had a printed family tree next to me watching the first few episodes to help me make sense of it.
    Was not helped by the “Balinese or Vietnamese” version skipping an episode.

I’ve heard from a few people the time jumps in a Dance of Dragons are very confusing, from a book-reading fan. So they had more of an idea of the story than I will.
    Waiting for season 1 to be done or almost done before I start the journey.

Have been powering through Welcome to Wrexham again after an overseas trip. I’m much more partial to Ryan and Rob now. It’s pretty interesting seeing it from their perspective. Eg. Do we go another 600k over budget and double down, or see how it pans out.
    Interested to see it all progress. (Slight spoiler knowing what league they are in this season though…).