Page 14 of 52 FirstFirst ... 4121314151624 ... LastLast

Thread: The TV Shows Thread

Quote Originally Posted by plague View Post

things i dont like:
    the shady bloke (littlefinger?) who was the mayor in the wire and in the batman movie. terrible actor, drives me insane. possible pedophile though (but i think thats what they all did back in the day).
    You say this as if it's a redeeming quality.

I think he's brilliant. Some of his key powerplay moments have been the best of the show (think back to towards the end of season 1).
    Last edited by stretch; 18-06-2014 at 03:27 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by stretch View Post
    You say this as if it's a redeeming quality.

I think he's brilliant. Some of his key powerplay moments have been the best of the show (think back to towards the end of season 1).
    Yeah yeah, character is good, slimey bastard.
    Plus you gotta admit the oldest Stark daughter looked pretty hot last time we saw her (boobs!!!).
    Just think he's a bad actor. As mentioned, I'm scarred from his performance in The Wire.
    Quote Originally Posted by MFKS View Post
    And I don't argue with FR. The bloke is a legend and deserves great praise for his contributions to football in the Hunter.
    He is also the second best poster on the entire Foz behind you
    Quote Originally Posted by parksey View Post
    sometimes there's more to life than just winning
    Quote Originally Posted by ForeverRed View Post
    What a deadset ****ing coward **** you are
    Quote Originally Posted by MFKS View Post
    Seems like I am WRONG

brutally rapes small, cute dogs parksey's Avatar
    i'm not sure what's going on with his accent in the show.
    Quote Originally Posted by snake View Post
    bridges made the world in 6-8 wks

he then rested by the corner flag and all was gud
    Quote Originally Posted by Phil Stubbins
    Hopefully it’s the four players, but, if not, the three, and if not, the two.
    Quote Originally Posted by Maito Mitch View Post
    Do you ever get bored of sprouting the same old crap? You're about as predictable as the punishment on the field we sit through once a week

Started watching Arrow, quite good, the action sequences are good, the slow build to the back story (what happened on the Island) is annoying, but hoping for a full run down soon.
    They have the soap to action mash up down pat to keep both the male and female viewers interested. There is still a little campness to it though with how some of the events are unfolding and some serious storyline issues in regards to character relatability but over all a show I'm willing to stick with after 3 episodes.

Shows that didn't make the mark:
    Prison Break
    Blacklist
    Revenge

I'd put Game of thrones on their but I persisted into season 2 before giving up.

Quote Originally Posted by Rocknerd View Post
    Started watching Arrow, quite good, the action sequences are good, the slow build to the back story (what happened on the Island) is annoying, but hoping for a full run down soon.
    They have the soap to action mash up down pat to keep both the male and female viewers interested. There is still a little campness to it though with how some of the events are unfolding and some serious storyline issues in regards to character relatability but over all a show I'm willing to stick with after 3 episodes.

Shows that didn't make the mark:
    Prison Break
    Blacklist
    Revenge

I'd put Game of thrones on their but I persisted into season 2 before giving up.
    Arrow real is awesome the Island back story takes time but it really needs to without going to much into it for spoiler sack much of the current links to the Island.
    As I've said before it starts of slow but really does get interesting and addictive. Also helps if you're a comic nerd like me.
    Quote Originally Posted by #fixsmithpark View Post
    I'M GULLIBLE!

Any of you lot want 6 months Free Foxtel on a 12 month plan? Includes Essentials pack + Sports OR Movies for 6 months ($74 per month for last 6 months). Can add the other (Sports or Movies) for fee of $25 per month. This is for NEW customers only.

More details...

Free standard installation (not sure of definition of "standard" but most houses would be fine, I think)
    Free standard box (or $75 up front for HD box)
    Includes Essentials: http://www.foxtel.com.au/shop/channel-pack/default.htm
    Includes option of:
    - Sport: http://www.foxtel.com.au/shop/channe...ts/default.htm
    - Premium Movies & Drama: http://www.foxtel.com.au/shop/channe...es/default.htm
    Also includes Foxtel Go to watch via tablet/mobiles
    Must have a current Telstra service (mobile, fixed or internet) to be eligible
    Cannot have been a Foxtel customer in last 3 months (any service, including Foxtel Play or Foxtel on T-Box etc)
    Last edited by Grimario; 26-06-2014 at 11:10 AM. Reason: Added more details

Quote Originally Posted by Premy View Post
    Arrow real is awesome the Island back story takes time but it really needs to without going to much into it for spoiler sack much of the current links to the Island.
    As I've said before it starts of slow but really does get interesting and addictive. Also helps if you're a comic nerd like me.
    Yeah, massive comic Nerd, really digging most of the newly rebooted DC stuff too. recently picked up Frank Millers Batman Origins, Earth One Superman Year One, and the parallel Red Son (what if Superman landed in Communist Russia?)

I'm up to ep 8 I think, and I've found it to be quite entertaining all over, even my wife seems to some what like it even though she likes to take the piss more often than not. I've looked around and got a bit of Spoiler info on it as like all Comic Nerds it's the Anti Heroes we love and Deathstroke is one of the best. Can't wait to get into Season 2 for that and the back story of the Island with Deathstroke complete.

Quote Originally Posted by Grimario View Post
    Any of you lot want 6 months Free Foxtel on a 12 month plan? Includes Essentials pack + Sports OR Movies for 6 months ($74 per month for last 6 months). Can add the other (Sports or Movies) for fee of $25 per month. This is for NEW customers only.

More details...

Free standard installation (not sure of definition of "standard" but most houses would be fine, I think)
    Free standard box (or $75 up front for HD box)
    Includes Essentials: http://www.foxtel.com.au/shop/channel-pack/default.htm
    Includes option of:
    - Sport: http://www.foxtel.com.au/shop/channe...ts/default.htm
    - Premium Movies & Drama: http://www.foxtel.com.au/shop/channe...es/default.htm
    Also includes Foxtel Go to watch via tablet/mobiles
    Must have a current Telstra service (mobile, fixed or internet) to be eligible
    Cannot have been a Foxtel customer in last 3 months (any service, including Foxtel Play or Foxtel on T-Box etc)
    If anyone wants this, offer runs out 10pm Monday.

Call before 10pm (EST) 30th June on 1800 334 720, and reference the code word ‘TAKE2’.

Quote Originally Posted by Rocknerd View Post
    Yeah, massive comic Nerd, really digging most of the newly rebooted DC stuff too. recently picked up Frank Millers Batman Origins, Earth One Superman Year One, and the parallel Red Son (what if Superman landed in Communist Russia?)

I'm up to ep 8 I think, and I've found it to be quite entertaining all over, even my wife seems to some what like it even though she likes to take the piss more often than not. I've looked around and got a bit of Spoiler info on it as like all Comic Nerds it's the Anti Heroes we love and Deathstroke is one of the best. Can't wait to get into Season 2 for that and the back story of the Island with Deathstroke complete.
    Just Downloaded the first ep for Flash, absolutely awesome done very much the same as Arrow. I would suggest to get at least half way through Arrow season 2 before you start watching Flash.
    Can't wait for Batman V Superman movie
    Quote Originally Posted by #fixsmithpark View Post
    I'M GULLIBLE!

I might be late on this but just finished watch True Detectives. Truly addictive to watch. And also just finished watching Ray Donovan. Great show, can't wait for the new season to start this month.

Anyone watch Falling Skies? New season has commenced. Not sure where it's going to go - the story has split up completely. Or so it seems.

I tried to get into falling skies but it just felt a little corny.

Quote Originally Posted by Imyourhero View Post
    I tried to get into falling skies but it just felt a little corny.
    I didn't really enjoy the first episode of S4. Hope it improves.

New series started today called The Leftovers about 2% of the worlds population dissappearing without any explanation. Anybody had a chance to watch yet?

Quote Originally Posted by Jeterpool View Post
    I didn't really enjoy the first episode of S4. Hope it improves.
    I quite like Falling Skies, Season 1 was pretty hard to get into with its America the great ideals, season 2 was solid and season 3 kept the momentum going. Season 4 just seems a bit odd, there was too much crammed into the first ep setting up the different plot lines, with the Joy division, peaceful plaza, prison camp and Resistance, not to mention the fact that the Volm apparently abandoned the war on Earth and now Cocheez is back but also [spoiler]apparently a prisoner to the espengee doing their bidding[/spoiler] I just think that a longer season order and this ep split into 2-4 eps to allow for a more natural feel to the storyline. The Special effects are still hands down the best in any show going at the moment though.
    Those Mechs are awesome.

parksey and gallaway's stillborn child la bazzle's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by the blue manc View Post
    And also just finished watching Ray Donovan. Great show, can't wait for the new season to start this month.
    Great show, such a hard khunt

parksey and gallaway's stillborn child la bazzle's Avatar
    Need a series for night shift, running very low, started trying some newer ones and theyre not looking like I'll get further then 2 episodes max (leftovers and the strain)

We watched the first ep of "orange is the new black" seems like it might be okay.
    Last edited by GazFish35; 21-07-2014 at 08:36 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by la bazzle View Post
    Need a series for night shift, running very low, started trying some newer ones and theyre not looking like I'll get further then 2 episodes max (leftovers and the strain)
    What type of show are you looking for?

Quote Originally Posted by la bazzle View Post
    Things that I'm have dug recently: Fargo, best show I've seen in a long time, Arrow, a little bit soap opera-ish but great action and a cool take on a little known DC superhero. Like Batman but more vengeance than symbol, Always Community, Fringe is the bomb for Sci-Fi TV 100 Eps of awesomeness, Ray Donovan is pretty well spoken about.

As for Orange is the New Black, I personally think it sucks but if you liked all of Weeds you'll like it. I think it is some absolutely wasted effort and the writing is just clichés and regurgitated drivel best left to a bygone era. Oz is the only Prison Drama worth a damn.