Page 12 of 52 FirstFirst ... 2101112131422 ... LastLast

Thread: The TV Shows Thread

"Other methods" are often the only way we (australians) can actually see shows when they're released anyway.

Anybody else seen the latest episode of "True Detective"?

That "single shot" sequence was a brilliant bit of TV, IMHO

EDIT: Posted video in case people want to easily watch it. SPOILER ALERT - don't watch if you intend on viewing the series and haven't yet. Although I don't think it gives too much away.

Last edited by WolfMan; 14-02-2014 at 07:57 PM. Reason: Added video

Quote Originally Posted by WolfMan View Post
    Anybody else seen the latest episode of "True Detective"?

That "single shot" sequence was a brilliant bit of TV, IMHO

EDIT: Posted video in case people want to easily watch it. SPOILER ALERT - don't watch if you intend on viewing the series and haven't yet. Although I don't think it gives too much away.

Stunning television. I'm loving this show, they're doing a very good job of being open but mysterious about what is going on.

Just watched that ep, woah. Brilliant stuff.
    Quote Originally Posted by SuperDyl
    You're funnier on the internet than you are in person.
    Quote Originally Posted by q-money View Post
    the NF law...the longer the thread stays open, the probablity that the thread becomes about joel griffiths approaches 1

worlds craziest fools

Anyone with foxtel needs to check out two Jim Jefferies specials
    Alcoholocaust which is replayed tomoz, and Contraband next friday 4th April.

absolutely hilarious
    Subscribe to The Jetstream Podcast http://www.newcastlefootball.net/podcast

Wish abc would bring back the bill

HIMYM Finale last night. My thoughts...WARNING SPOILERS - in white text

So after watching this series for the last 7 years (I came in about season 3 and caught up via DVD), the finale was aired overnight.

I am in two minds what to think. Initially I was a bit annoyed, maybe disappointed in how it ended. However, the longer I think about it, it’s starting to sit ok with me. It gives reason to why he is telling the kids the story and segues into his new relationship with Robin. It was a different ending and isn’t the happily ever after that most shows finish with, in a way, but also gave the happily ever after in another.

In saying that, I was disappointed the mother and her interactions with the group weren’t expanded. Also I felt they focussed on one year too many during the “fill in” section which perhaps diluted the other years. Spending only a few seconds on the mother getting sick/dying was disappointing too. After almost cruising along for the last 2 seasons I didn’t mind the last season. It had some nice touches and wrapped pretty much everything in.

The divorce didn't surprise me. I also came to the conclusion that Lily needed that group and was the one who really kept it together. Barney's behaviour demonstrated he never really matured or was scared to mature but the kid part was nice.

For those who like it, there were some good tear jerkers. Mrs Jeterpool was having a little sniffle – though that may be the pregnancy. I’ll need to watch it again. Perhaps I’ll start from season 1 and watch it all over.

Anyway, it’s over now and I really did enjoy the journey.
    Quote Originally Posted by Grimario View Post
    Great. He's gone from Liaoning Whowin to Newcastle Wholose.
    The Championship Chronicles - The Jetstream's review of the 2007/08 season. www.newcastlefootball.net/chronicles

tl;dr

another over-rated sitcom imo

Quote Originally Posted by russjaybee View Post
    another over-rated sitcom imo
    The longer it went, the worse it got. I really liked the concept as something different.
    Quote Originally Posted by Grimario View Post
    Great. He's gone from Liaoning Whowin to Newcastle Wholose.
    The Championship Chronicles - The Jetstream's review of the 2007/08 season. www.newcastlefootball.net/chronicles

Anyone watching Arrow?
    Thoughts on Arrow?
    Also without the spoiler thoughts on the spin off series to commence soon?

Its really starting to get good now can't wait for the spin off to start, I think the spin off will be far more successful due to his popularity over Green Arrow.
    Quote Originally Posted by #fixsmithpark View Post
    I'M GULLIBLE!

Anyone watch the show Banshee? If you like sex and violence you should enjoy it haha!

Quote Originally Posted by Imyourhero View Post
    Anyone watch the show Banshee? If you like sex and violence you should enjoy it haha!
    So true I have a few episodes of the second season on the hard drive to watch yet to get to them.
    Quote Originally Posted by #fixsmithpark View Post
    I'M GULLIBLE!

Just finished season 2. Very easy show to cruise through, storyline is abit all over the place but in saying that you don't get bored watching.

Anyone watching Fargo? yes based on the true story and movie but Billy Bob is awesome

wcf

Quote Originally Posted by skippy View Post
    Anyone watching Fargo? yes based on the true story and movie but Billy Bob is awesome
    Yeah I am enjoying it. Different to the movie (which isn't really based on a true story for those playing at home) but billy bob is awesome in it. So is old mate from Sherlock

Quote Originally Posted by pistolpete View Post
    Yeah I am enjoying it. Different to the movie (which isn't really based on a true story for those playing at home) but billy bob is awesome in it. So is old mate from Sherlock
    Also watching it. Big movie fan so it was a no brainier to get into this too. Watching it without streaming from the us so no spoilers please.

Also believe the writers and director of the movie got death threats from fans feeling duped when it came out the movie was not a true story.

Absolutely great film redone in a really great way.

Billy bob, particularly the scene where he booked into the motel laugh out loud funny.
    Big Martin freeman fan too. Guy is the bloke you choose if you just want the most average looking person to play an average looking person.
    Go jetties

New season of Trailer Park Boys will be coming out soon.. Can't wait..