Page 33 of 52 FirstFirst ... 23313233343543 ... LastLast

Thread: The TV Shows Thread

Quote Originally Posted by skippy View Post
    hahaha old mate must also be a real quick runner
    Im assuming they wern't far from the wall and the walkers are closer then we realise to attacking
    Quote Originally Posted by lquiquer View Post
    Welcome to the circus ... And I can't argue any of your points... In contention for best first post of the year... ��

Quote Originally Posted by parksey View Post
    love at first sight

Quote Originally Posted by MFKS View Post
    And I don't argue with FR. The bloke is a legend and deserves great praise for his contributions to football in the Hunter.
    He is also the second best poster on the entire Foz behind you
    sometimes there's more to life than just winning
    Quote Originally Posted by ForeverRed View Post
    What a deadset ****ing coward **** you are
    Seems like I am WRONG

Tbf they're not called the White Runners..

Also, they didn't have a means to get past the wall before.. so they didn't have that much of a need to travel quickly.
    OK

ive just binged through Silicon Valley.

loved loved loved it.
    And I don't argue with FR. The bloke is a legend and deserves great praise for his contributions to football in the Hunter.
    He is also the second best poster on the entire Foz behind you
    sometimes there's more to life than just winning
    Quote Originally Posted by ForeverRed View Post
    What a deadset ****ing coward **** you are
    Seems like I am WRONG

Ok any time someone wanna explain the supersonic raven or where they got them big ass dragon draggin chains from or where the **** old uncle Benj was that whole time please do coz I'm all kinds of confused.

Cheers,
    Plague.

Quote Originally Posted by plague View Post
    Ok any time someone wanna explain the supersonic raven or where they got them big ass dragon draggin chains from or where the **** old uncle Benj was that whole time please do coz I'm all kinds of confused.

Cheers,
    Plague.
    Yep, the teleportation this episode was the least believable to date. Waiting for Macca to share his/her thoughts here.

maybe draggin the chains is why the Walkers move so slowly

Benj had that resurface with Bran a few seasons back. But otherwise he has been criminally underused, and in the recent ep was just absurdly wasted. That entire sequence, and the pace they pushed it thru, was so fxxxing pointless. Benjen had so much potential - he could have rode off with Jon and then next ep dropped Jon's lineage secret on Jon (and then used the knowledge of this as to the reason Benjen went to the Black to begin with). Up to that recent ep, I haven't really been on board with all the people saying the writing is rushed/poor but that Benjen sequence actually hurt my brain, even moreso than the ep or two before when they tried to legitimise Jon Snow ffs.
    OK

Yeah look, its pretty hard to try and defend that.

Clearly there was a time lapse where half a dozen weakened, frozen, exhausted dudes fought off endless waves of undead for about a day while that raven made its way down the countryside and the dragons came up.
    So many questionable things in that episode... The Benjen reappearance is some hectic deus ex machina. Not to mention Jon being underwater long enough for the entire army to move a couple hundred metres away yet come up alive.
    Yung Dany clearly never played any Starcraft... too busy frying drones and zerglings to take out the actual threat.. you would think rather than giving them a stare down one of the dragons might just waltz over another couple hundred metres and give the walkers a hot shower.

The walker also decided to have a bet with one of the others to see if it could hit the hard dragon rather than the one sitting there stationary with all the people on it.

Agree Benjen could have been better used. I can't remember off the top of my head whether the rider is actually revealed as him in the books? Or if its just in the show. No doubt Georgie will come up with something better in five years time.
    The two Stark girls have turned into an episode of Neighbours too.

I feel like the show is really suffering from having way too much ground to cover and not enough time. The events of this season could easily have spanned 3 or 4, but they're trying to pack way too much action into too short a time. Its enjoyable, but its not what the show was built around. It was never a hollywood battle-fest, it was all about the politics and the reasons and build up to the battles.

Quote Originally Posted by Macca View Post
    Not to mention Jon being underwater long enough for the entire army to move a couple hundred metres away yet come up alive.
    Clearly he was just borrowing Jamie's scuba gear from a couple of episodes back. Remember, in that shallow trench?
    OK

Time travelling ravens aside. If blondie was all good with hopping on her dragons and coming to the rescue why didn't she just hop on and fly up earlier to see the army of the dead?

She could have just done a quick fly by, seen they exist and been all like "ok Emo dude I believe you let's go give them that work".

Also, yeah dragons 2 and 3 just kind of sat there whilst old blue eyes was slinging spears round like Tom Brady (actually Aaron Rodgers is a better example, cannon of an arm on that bloke)

Sorry where was I?

Oh yeah, I can only assume that dragon 2 and 3 thought (dead) dragon 1 was the asshole brother because they didn't really seem upset.

Also, I hate every member of the Stark family (bhastards and all). They are all whingers and idiots. I'll cheer anyone who kills any of them.

Drunk old blonde queen is the only true hero on that show.

Drunk old blonde queen is the only true hero on that show.
    Uhm, excuse me

OK

Quote Originally Posted by pv4 View Post
    Uhm, excuse me

Huh?
    Littlefinger?
    Nah **** that guy. Dickless bald dude is pretty dope tho if that's who you mean.

Only good characters (prob not in order):
    1.Old drunk blonde queen.
    2. Fast n Furious goddess of love and all that is fapable.
    3. Mountain dude when he's killing people. New zombie version is pretty much a useless asshole.
    4. Cranky Hound, no one drops a c-bomb on the telly like that bloke.

I think that's it.

OG small council is where its at. Littlefinger, Varys, Tywin, Renly. Oberyn was cool too

I mean both of them brobeans. They are both fantastic. Lady Olenna can join that list too. All 3 are/were outstanding characters and the fact they all didn't feature in the same room at the same time more often is a bigger sin than the fxxxtards in charge writing out Margaery's walk of atonement ffs.

Is it just me or are they dropping the c-bomb every week this season. I feel like I've heard it from a few different characters too.
    OK

Actually ok I'm gonna go full asshole here which I usually hate doing because why nit pick a show that has ice zombies and dragons.

But

When Emo boy got dragged under the water by the zombies, how did he survive?

He couldn't kill them with his sword, the zombies are zombies so don't need to breathe, and they clearly showed they can float so how did he get away from them?

Somewhere along the line the show went from 'anyone can die' to 'nope, we need that dude' which is fine, but the silly 'look out he might die here' cliffhangers look lame now.

I legit now expect a freeze frame and voice over half way a through a climax saying "we'll be right back after these message from your local sponsors".

Look, again, the shows problem is that it set its own bar pretty freaking high. But the long wait between seasons, and the limited episodes mean everything is gonna get looked at a lot more forensically.

When Emo boy got dragged under the water by the zombies, how did he survive?

He couldn't kill them with his sword, the zombies are zombies so don't need to breathe, and they clearly showed they can float so how did he get away from them?

Somewhere along the line the show went from 'anyone can die' to 'nope, we need that dude' which is fine, but the silly 'look out he might die here' cliffhangers look lame now.
    Particularly with how rushed the Benjen scene was, I found that whole Jon being left behind sequence so fxxxing pointless in general. That whole thing hurt, for me.

Good news that a pal of mine has told me - apparently HBO have said the length of episodes for next season isn't going to be capped. So whilst there is "only" going to be half a dozen or so again.. here's me hoping for 2-3 hour episodes

Agreed Macca - Tywin was OG.
    OK

Totally agree on the dying. Early seasons, Tormund would have been torn to shreds on camera. Olenna was cool also. Just a shame she entered the story a bit late for her time.

If Tywin was drunk blondie queens old man then yes I co sign.

I liked him.

The craggy old woman (Olena) was useless once that Margery chick died. Seeing that silly bitch continually get owned by that old duck was a highlight.

OK

Why they didn't take more dragonglass with them I'll never know.

Walkers didn't have a way to attack or breach the wall, Now with the Dragon they do.
    Quote Originally Posted by lquiquer View Post
    Welcome to the circus ... And I can't argue any of your points... In contention for best first post of the year... ��

love at first sight