Page 40 of 52 FirstFirst ... 30383940414250 ... LastLast

Thread: The TV Shows Thread

Quote Originally Posted by plague View Post
    yes, its brilliant.
    I've just about finished this series (I assume, nearing the end of the racing season, unless there's a recap episode).

From someone who's not into motorsport at all and doesn't watch it, I found it pretty interesting. Was a good behind the scenes look at the team dynamics, and sort of ran it as a half doco / half real-life drama type thing. Agreed it was good hearing the bare-bones of the phone calls and race-comms unedited.

Will be checking out the Expanse, thanks for the heads up, as well as Peaky Blinders.

Recently finished the Mexican Narcos series, was exactly what I expected it would be and very satisfied with that. Really enjoyed both that and the original Narcos.

Show I was watching before that was Big Mouth - quite enjoyed it. Anyone with a sick sense of humour and able to enjoy the crude stuff will probably enjoy. Maybe one for fans of Archer, Rick and Morty etc

Quote Originally Posted by Macca View Post
    I've just about finished this series (I assume, nearing the end of the racing season, unless there's a recap episode).

From someone who's not into motorsport at all and doesn't watch it, I found it pretty interesting. Was a good behind the scenes look at the team dynamics, and sort of ran it as a half doco / half real-life drama type thing. Agreed it was good hearing the bare-bones of the phone calls and race-comms unedited.

Will be checking out the Expanse, thanks for the heads up, as well as Peaky Blinders.

Recently finished the Mexican Narcos series, was exactly what I expected it would be and very satisfied with that. Really enjoyed both that and the original Narcos.

Show I was watching before that was Big Mouth - quite enjoyed it. Anyone with a sick sense of humour and able to enjoy the crude stuff will probably enjoy. Maybe one for fans of Archer, Rick and Morty etc
    Big Mouth has a new episode. Valentines day

Quote Originally Posted by Macca View Post

For people who aren't into motorsport it's a brilliant way to get an understanding of how it all works.

Last few years I've gotten right into F1 and V8's simply because I find the whole process fascinating. The access you get to the drivers and teams is unparralled.

Imagine getting to know the Jets players the way you got to know a dude as 'obscure' as Esteban Ocon. Have said forever that footy codes in this country need to match that type of access in order to progress.

But nope, we fine Ernie for merely making a joke about VAR, that'll motivate everyone to help sell your sport.

Quote Originally Posted by Grimario View Post
    I can't rave enough about The Expanse. Books are even better.
    I'm up to Babylon's Ashes, I sure hope the TV series can follow it all the way through as it just keeps getting better.

Trailer just released for new season of Stranger Things..

For people who aren't into motorsport it's a brilliant way to get an understanding of how it all works.

Last few years I've gotten right into F1 and V8's simply because I find the whole process fascinating. The access you get to the drivers and teams is unparralled.
    I’m not really into bikes,but MotoGP is also excellent.

yo, can one of you nerdy nerds do a write up after each new Game of Thrones episode so idiots like me can understand what the **** is going on.

please.

also, include diagrams if possible.

oh, and if you step up with "oh but in the booooooooks" type bullshit you can sit your ass down now. i aint here for any of that.

Cheers,
    Plague.
    Quote Originally Posted by MFKS View Post
    And I don't argue with FR. The bloke is a legend and deserves great praise for his contributions to football in the Hunter.
    He is also the second best poster on the entire Foz behind you
    Quote Originally Posted by parksey View Post
    sometimes there's more to life than just winning
    Quote Originally Posted by ForeverRed View Post
    What a deadset ****ing coward **** you are
    Seems like I am WRONG

yo, can one of you nerdy nerds do a write up after each new Game of Thrones episode so idiots like me can understand what the **** is going on.

please.

oh, and if you step up with "oh but in the booooooooks" type bullshit you can sit your ass down now. i aint here for any of that.

Cheers,
    Plague.
    Pretty pumped for the new season.. What date is it starting?
    Binge-watched all of the last season the other day just to get up to speed and ready to go..

Oh yeah, started watching Trailer Park Boys - The Animated Series yesterday..
    It actually wasn't too bad.. A little bit out-there and strange, but still the same sort of jokes.. Definitely worth a look if you are a fan of the series..

Quote Originally Posted by Bon View Post
    Pretty pumped for the new season.. What date is it starting?
    Binge-watched all of the last season the other day just to get up to speed and ready to go..
    April 13th
    Quote Originally Posted by #fixsmithpark View Post
    I'M GULLIBLE!

please.

Cheers,
    Plague.
    The books aren't as far along as the show these days.....

Quote Originally Posted by Premy View Post
    April 13th
    Thanks maaaaaaaate

please.

Cheers,
    Plague.
    I'm your man
    OK

Quote Originally Posted by Aegon View Post
    The books aren't as far along as the show these days.....
    you would never get an invite to Fight Club.
    And I don't argue with FR. The bloke is a legend and deserves great praise for his contributions to football in the Hunter.
    Seems like I am WRONG

you would never get an invite to Fight Club.
    Not sure what you mean? What i was saying is that there can't be a comparison with the books as the show is further ahead. The last books story finished at around the end of season 5 so its all new content.

Not sure what you mean?
    i know.
    and short of Captain Obvious waking up from his slumber and 'splaining it to you, you prob never will.*

and thats ok. but i aint the one to set you straight here.

*and you arent alone. i confuse myself with some utterances on here.
    Seems like I am WRONG

Not sure what you mean? What i was saying is that there can't be a comparison with the books as the show is further ahead. The last books story finished at around the end of season 5 so its all new content.
    Well there are an absolute stack of comparisons between book and show still relevant. So many storylines are different, so many characters are and aren't still in existence. There's been a stack of "new content" in the show basically from S02 onwards.

We will keep plaguesey up to date with The Hound's cxxx counter on the show, easy.
    OK

i went back and rewatched Breaking Bad with the 'Norm Macdonald ending theory' in mind and its a way way better show this time around.

such a good show.
    Seems like I am WRONG

Quote Originally Posted by pv4 View Post
    We will keep plaguesey up to date with The Hound's cxxx counter on the show, easy.
    ooh ooh i know that one. hes the bloke with the burnt off face who got toweled up by the Shiny Stormtrooper lady and left for dead, only to come back to life when the producers decided that no one wanted Ed Sheeran cameos they wanted more of the bloke who called everyone a ****.

Shame they stole the idea from Fast N Furious where Han died in Tokyo Drift but was so dope that they re-jigged the entire timeline to bring him back from the dead.
    And even Fast N Furious stole the idea from themselves when they brought back Letty from the dead.

wait, what were we talking about again?
    Seems like I am WRONG

Quote Originally Posted by pv4 View Post
    Well there are an absolute stack of comparisons between book and show still relevant. So many storylines are different, so many characters are and aren't still in existence. There's been a stack of "new content" in the show basically from S02 onwards.

Ya but I think they found a good balance, some of the changes were for the good..... some for the bad.

Eliminating Lady Stoneheart, Killing off Talisa/Jeyne Westerling were good moves.

Not including the Golden Company/Griff's and killing Mance Raydar sucked though.