Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Andy Brennan - the 2nd best goal scorer in Tasmania

Quote Originally Posted by Grimario View Post
    whilst I'd like to tell you more the reality is he only just broke into the south melbourne starting 11 a couple weeks ago, it just so happened that the match he was scouted in he turned on perhaps the greatest performance ever seen at state level, he was beating players like ronaldo that day! I mean having just broken into Victorian football I'm not even sure he is ready to dominate this level, intrigued to see how this goes.
    Such a trust for us to sign someone after one good game

Quote Originally Posted by The Dunster View Post

We should have signed this bloke. Oh Wait...
    What pace and skill, surely we have to sign him!
    Middleby Gone

Lawrie Out

Was Drovandi any good or is he just doing well in these videos because the opposition are weak ? Moreover, is the opposition Drovandi is facing weaker than that found in the VPL ? I doubt it.
    I hope the new kid Brennan does well but it's a massive risk that will probably end in tears.

brutally rapes small, cute dogs parksey's Avatar
    Was Drovandi any good or is he just doing well in these videos because the opposition are weak ? Moreover, is the opposition Drovandi is facing weaker than that found in the VPL ? I doubt it.
    I hope the new kid Brennan does well but it's a massive risk that will probably end in tears.
    you do realise that basically ever a-league player came out of the state leagues
    Quote Originally Posted by snake View Post
    bridges made the world in 6-8 wks

he then rested by the corner flag and all was gud
    Quote Originally Posted by Phil Stubbins
    Hopefully it’s the four players, but, if not, the three, and if not, the two.
    Quote Originally Posted by Maito Mitch View Post
    Do you ever get bored of sprouting the same old crap? You're about as predictable as the punishment on the field we sit through once a week

Quote Originally Posted by parksey View Post
    you do realise that basically ever a-league player came out of the state leagues
    I grew up in Victoria and can remember the day my club became the first to enter a team in the NSL. Players then transitioned from state leagues or were imports into the NSL.
    Even back then there was a massive difference between state league quality and NSL quality - as my club soon found out. Today I think the gap is even bigger because the old NSL clubs lost a lot of their top people to the A-league.
    You might sneak the odd kid through from state leagues to the A-league but I would have thought the best kids would have been marketed to foreign leagues - like they were in the past.

Anyway, I was hoping someone could shed some light on my question rather than summon the Captain for an appearance.

Was Drovandi any good
    rarely

brutally rapes small, cute dogs parksey's Avatar
    I grew up in Victoria and can remember the day my club became the first to enter a team in the NSL. Players then transitioned from state leagues or were imports into the NSL.
    Even back then there was a massive difference between state league quality and NSL quality - as my club soon found out. Today I think the gap is even bigger because the old NSL clubs lost a lot of their top people to the A-league.
    You might sneak the odd kid through from state leagues to the A-league but I would have thought the best kids would have been marketed to foreign leagues - like they were in the past.

Anyway, I was hoping someone could shed some light on my question rather than summon the Captain for an appearance.
    different times mate
    Quote Originally Posted by snake View Post
    bridges made the world in 6-8 wks

he then rested by the corner flag and all was gud
    Quote Originally Posted by Phil Stubbins
    Hopefully it’s the four players, but, if not, the three, and if not, the two.
    Quote Originally Posted by Maito Mitch View Post
    Do you ever get bored of sprouting the same old crap? You're about as predictable as the punishment on the field we sit through once a week

I just read that Jake Barker-Daish was playing for South Melbourne, was he ever up to HAL level? Surely this Brennan kid must have been better if we picked him over Jake?

Also, would Jake make a decent squad player?
    Quote Originally Posted by Jeterpool View Post
    I do it just for you. My goal in life is to have a quote in someone's signature.

Quote Originally Posted by Frodo View Post
    I just read that Jake Barker-Daish was playing for South Melbourne, was he ever up to HAL level? Surely this Brennan kid must have been better if we picked him over Jake?

I always sign JBD in FM games... good squad player :yes:

old fashioned winger uses his pace to beat his opponent with ease (incredible pace) and then whips in dangerous crosses, problem I see often whilst doing this is he doesn't lift his head and ends up ignoring teammates in better positions...this area of his game will need to be addressed, the pressure he puts on the opposition defence is top notch, has a good appetite for a contest and will just run and run even when he doesn't have the ball...just feel his raw weaknesses will be severely exposed at the highest level
    Well we did need to replace Virgilli

We should have signed this bloke. Oh Wait...
    That is very similar to his youtube highlights package prior to signing him. And yes he was not up to it.

Brennan is a strange signing and is very questionable wether he is up to HAL standard, but at least we trialled for a week before signing and are not relying solely on youtube.

Banned

So you reckon we should fill our squad with mediocre shit players to fill squad positions??

That has worked out how well for us in the last 5 years???

Quote Originally Posted by MFKS View Post
    So you reckon we should fill our squad with mediocre shit players to fill squad positions??

That has worked out how well for us in the last 5 years???
    Mitch Cooper was a mediocre player at the start of the season, look what a bit of game time has done for him?

Would you rather a 22 year old kid with potential or a couple of Nicky Wards as squad players? There is a salary cap so you can't fit 23 HAL level players on a team, we need to recruit another 10 players and until we get Carney off the books we will have to get a couple more players of Brennans quality.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jeterpool View Post
    I do it just for you. My goal in life is to have a quote in someone's signature.

Banned
    Mitch Cooper was a mediocre player at the start of the season, look what a bit of game time has done for him?

Would you rather a 22 year old kid with potential or a couple of Nicky Wards as squad players? There is a salary cap so you can't fit 23 HAL level players on a team, we need to recruit another 10 players and until we get Carney off the books we will have to get a couple more players of Brennans quality.
    Mitch Cooper was a mediocre player at the start of the season.

Well **** me

I thought he was a talented kid who had 2 knee reconstructions and if not for that would have been a starting HAL player and one of the first on our teamsheets.
    Remember 2 seasons ago he was actually coming into the HAL side on merit when we were actually competitive.

Yeah of course I would rather a couple of young Mitch Coopers in my side. Ie Blokes who have a future at this level

I would rather that than sign nobodies running around in the NPL who have failed at 2 HAL clubs already like you are advocating and only need a couple more clubs to be the next Nick Ward. Looks like Jake is part of the way there and you are hoping to help him on his way.

Signing players to be Squad players is a ****ing joke and anyone advocating it is as deluded as the Jets

Quote Originally Posted by hawk View Post
    rarely
    I don't remember Drovandi playing more than about 25 minutes for us?

the more footage i watch of this bloke, the more promising he looks

might be a half decent signing.
    Quote Originally Posted by militiamon View Post
    Body gets Stretch drunk, miracle occurs.

Hail Body!

Quote Originally Posted by BodyNovo View Post
    the more footage i watch of this bloke, the more promising he looks

might be a half decent signing.
    A positive Stubbins legacy?
    Great. He's gone from Liaoning Whowin to Newcastle Wholose.
    The Championship Chronicles - The Jetstream's review of the 2007/08 season. www.newcastlefootball.net/chronicles