Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: The end of the squadron?

The end of the squadron?

If the club rebranded would it be appropriate for the squadron disband and a new group of active support to form?
    Discuss

Q-man is the first against the wall.
    I want the Dineaway chicks to pull the trigger.

LONG LIVE KING HARRY!!!!!!!

dineaway is the sole reason this club is in the mess it is in now mate

Quote Originally Posted by q-money View Post
    dineaway is the sole reason this club is in the mess it is in now mate
    Dineaway cannot be killed.
    Give in to its awesomeness or suffer the fate of those who have doubted it.

Quote Originally Posted by joel31 View Post
    If the club rebranded would it be appropriate for the squadron disband and a new group of active support to form?
    Discuss
    What exactly do you mean by this?

Is it just if the name of the club changes the squadron does the same?
    Or do you think there is actually a group out their willing to step up and go through what the squadron does everyweek?
    Go jetties

Quote Originally Posted by Blackmac79 View Post

Or do you think there is actually a group out their willing to step up and go through what the squadron does everyweek?
    I assume he means renaming.

Quote Originally Posted by weston View Post
    I assume he means renaming.
    As do I.

I just thought I would clarify.
    Go jetties

I guess I was merely speculating.

Didn't Melbourne Heart's "active support" change their name when they became City. It was that type of thing. But seeing as we know now the name of the club is not changing it makes that point partially irrelevant.

The other side to it was that I know that unfortunately there is a stigma from many Newcastle Jets members towards the Squadron. I was thinking that as the club was having a fresh start, the active support can also. This could allow those others who unfortunately hate the squadron but want to support the Jets to be more likely to want to get involved. But I guess what we would probably see that unless results drastically improve and the bandwagon effect comes into play it would turn out as the same group in active support

Topors troopers or Zads Lads or whatever they go by now to be renamed Gallops Gobblers.
    Quote Originally Posted by #fixsmithpark View Post
    I'M GULLIBLE!

Quote Originally Posted by Premy View Post
    Topors troopers or Zads Lads or whatever they go by now to be renamed Gallops Gobblers.
    I thought they went by: Hooly Shit Is Blue
    Dare to Zlatan

Originally Posted by Grimario

He won't make that mistake at Newcastle since our team is full of number 2's.

Banned

Didn't Melbourne Heart's "active support" change their name when they became City. It was that type of thing. But seeing as we know now the name of the club is not changing it makes that point partially irrelevant.

The other side to it was that I know that unfortunately there is a stigma from many Newcastle Jets members towards the Squadron. I was thinking that as the club was having a fresh start, the active support can also. This could allow those others who unfortunately hate the squadron but want to support the Jets to be more likely to want to get involved. But I guess what we would probably see that unless results drastically improve and the bandwagon effect comes into play it would turn out as the same group in active support
    Exactly what is stopping any of these people wanting to get involved other than their attitudes??

Last I looked Body Blackmac Furns etc are happy for them to join in.

Nothing is stopping them bar themselves making excuses

Quote Originally Posted by MFKS View Post
    Exactly what is stopping any of these people wanting to get involved other than their attitudes??

Last I looked Body Blackmac Furns etc are happy for them to join in.

Nothing is stopping them bar themselves making excuses
    This ^^

No worries, I have thought myself what would we do if the club was renamed. Pretty sure it will remain jets though.

I still don't understand where the anti-squadron comes from. That thought is surely part of a bygone era when things were different in the way the squadron was operated and interacts with the wider fan base. I also think this view point isn't as wide spread as you think. I spent a heap of time this season trying to get to games at gates open to talk to people, introduce myself, encourage participation and build relationships. On the whole this was positive. Even got at least one hater to turn.

Times are a changing. I don't think there is another group out there willing to put the hours into a new group, or a) they would be doing it already, or b) they would be assisting the squadron. (If there are those out their with the drive that want to be involved, contact me, I have upcoming projects that need man hours, would love some help)

On a side note it would be good if the terrace and squadron took off this season. Both I think are beneficial.
    Go jetties

Banned
    No worries, I have thought myself what would we do if the club was renamed. Pretty sure it will remain jets though.

I still don't understand where the anti-squadron comes from. That thought is surely part of a bygone era when things were different in the way the squadron was operated and interacts with the wider fan base. I also think this view point isn't as wide spread as you think. I spent a heap of time this season trying to get to games at gates open to talk to people, introduce myself, encourage participation and build relationships. On the whole this was positive. Even got at least one hater to turn.

Times are a changing. I don't think there is another group out there willing to put the hours into a new group, or a) they would be doing it already, or b) they would be assisting the squadron. (If there are those out their with the drive that want to be involved, contact me, I have upcoming projects that need man hours, would love some help)

On a side note it would be good if the terrace and squadron took off this season. Both I think are beneficial.
    Actually how is old mate going with the Northern Legion thing he was doing.

He got those hats for sale yet??

космонавт-исследователь boz-monaut's Avatar
    we need to organise hats the shape of crocodiles

These are all good points, a meeting is going to be organised in a few weeks after everything has calmed down.
    Subscribe to The Jetstream Podcast http://www.newcastlefootball.net/podcast

newy jerks

Attn: Q-man.
    I had a Dineaway today.
    Place was packed. Business looked like it was booming.

How is your Squadron looking?

#theeternalbattle

Quote Originally Posted by slobsy View Post
    newy jerks
    Step up slobadan

This thread now seems more pertinent with the growing popularity of the NCL...