Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: The end of the squadron?

Quote Originally Posted by Jeterpool View Post
    I'm not a part of active support. My perception on this is that the fans are condensed into 2 bays at the gypos, instead of spread across a stadium. Perhaps it can be assumed the more passionate fan travels as well - so perhaps through peer pressure of the greater number cheering and chanting feel the need to join in. At home games, I'm one of only a handful who sing NTUA where I sit. All of a sudden we are surrounded by more like-minded folk because we are corralled into a bay and the noice amplifies.
    Agree with this sentiment. I use to get involved in the Squadron every game but no longer participate - choose instead to be more social and watch the game with friends.

Away days are different, whenever I do a Coast/Sydney away trip I do my best to get involved and support the boys. A completely different environment/mindset.

Quote Originally Posted by Jetmaster View Post
    So could someone please explain to an outsider what has caused all this? And where is it headed
    Is it the FFA active rules? If this new group grows in Bay 1 next season and nobody goes to the designated area I can see the club and the FFA doing something about it (what I dunno).
    Is it because of a bit of friction between individuals - if so grow a set, sit down in the pub and mediate. Club comes first.
    Is it a genuine thought to have multiple actives? TBH I don't think we are big enough for that yet.
    And a final question - why is active support so much better at a Gypos away game than it is at the home version? What can you replicate?
    Nah, no major fallouts or anything like that. More differing stlyes in the way peeps like to support on game day.

Now ive not spoken to the powers for a while and they could add a little more but the squad had a slow falling off due for years due to very mediocre results and unreasonable security and ffa policing. Maybe some had an issue with song leadership but that didnt affect much. Its only recently that peeps who prefer a more adhoc type of vocal support started hanging with the ncl lads who have been around for quite while. Its only now that it has grown at the ground.

Im sure there are goings on behind the scenes to get the south goals vocal again. I still think there can be 2 larger active supports which would be awesome. Lets make the semis first.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by hawk View Post
    Nah, no major fallouts or anything like that. More differing stlyes in the way peeps like to support on game day.

Now ive not spoken to the powers for a while and they could add a little more but the squad had a slow falling off due for years due to very mediocre results and unreasonable security and ffa policing. Maybe some had an issue with song leadership but that didnt affect much. Its only recently that peeps who prefer a more adhoc type of vocal support started hanging with the ncl lads who have been around for quite while. Its only now that it has grown at the ground.

Im sure there are goings on behind the scenes to get the south goals vocal again. I still think there can be 2 larger active supports which would be awesome. Lets make the semis first.
    Do we get priority tickets fir these semis???

Quote Originally Posted by MFKS View Post
    Do we get priority tickets fir these semis???
    You'll be No1, not sure what year though. Are you Under 30 yrs of age?

....RIP sqodron i blame furns
    Last edited by hawk; 08-11-2017 at 12:05 AM.

'Seemed' like good numbers in the bay on Saturday? Sounded ok from where I was. Also, Plague jnr joined in for a bit, came back with some great new words you all taught him so cheers for that.