Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Is ok - double Eff-Aye can stay

Is ok - double Eff-Aye can stay

Legit, they've been here 5 mins and pissed everyone aright off.

FFS can we just ring Con and tell him we're sorry and all is forgiven.
    Quote Originally Posted by MFKS View Post
    And I don't argue with FR. The bloke is a legend and deserves great praise for his contributions to football in the Hunter.
    He is also the second best poster on the entire Foz behind you
    Quote Originally Posted by parksey View Post
    sometimes there's more to life than just winning
    Quote Originally Posted by ForeverRed View Post
    What a deadset ****ing coward **** you are
    Seems like I am WRONG

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by plague View Post
    Legit, they've been here 5 mins and pissed everyone aright off.

FFS can we just ring Con and tell him we're sorry and all is forgiven.
    ****in ****s the lot of them..

How can they run our club when they have today proved they have NFI??

3 from 27 hated by all of Newy and they let the prick keep his job.

Well done dickheads

I refuse to believe this is as simple as it seems with resigning all the admin and staff. Common sense would say that the contracts are short term and that once the new owners rock up they will then be reviewed by them as to whether or not they stay. No reason for FFA to get an entirely new staff just to give it to someone else who may not want anyone they get, so why not just keep the guys that are already around. Realistically they should have just said in the initial moment of revoking the license that all staff and admins and shit will be retained until the new owners but oh well

Check yer emails members...David Gallop trotting out a statement. (5:35pm)

Dear 'John'

As a loyal Member of the Newcastle Jets, the past 24 hours must have felt like a roller coaster ride.

The sudden news yesterday that the Club was placed into voluntary administration, followed by the announcement that the licence was terminated would have been disturbing to say the least.

Let me provide some facts for you. Firstly, Newcastle's place in the Hyundai A-League is not in doubt. Football Federation Australia (FFA) has decided to start a new Hyundai A-League Club to represent the city and Northern NSW.

Next season the Club will retain the same name, colour and logos as existed in the past. The Club will play at Hunter Stadium.

Your status as a Member will not change. You will have an entitlement to renew the same seat in the same category as you enjoyed last season with the old Club.

There are 10,003 Members of the Jets. It's the fourth year in a row the Membership has surpassed the 10,000 mark, an amazing show of faith and resilience by you and your fellow Members.

I'm inviting everyone to join the new venture. Better times are ahead and we need your support.

The Hunter Valley has incredibly strong community values. That’s a core value for football in Australia and something that will be at the heart of the new Hyundai A-League club in Newcastle.

In the next few weeks, I will announce how the new Club will engage with the community, including a dedicated Member Forum. We will carefully listen to your views, and those of other important stakeholders.

The booming participation numbers and thriving Member Clubs of Northern NSW Football provide a solid bedrock for the game in this region.

The new Club needs to harness these strengths. We want to build a Club for all the football community, with the Members as the pulsating heart of that support.

I will do whatever I can to make sure the new Jets will make you proud to be a Member.

Regards,

David Gallop – Chief Executive Officer, Football Federation Australia

parksey and gallaway's stillborn child la bazzle's Avatar
    Are we legit still stuck with Stubbins? Was just about to come back to games with Snake. When are these forums?

Quote Originally Posted by la bazzle View Post
    Are we legit still stuck with Stubbins? Was just about to come back to games with Snake. When are these forums?
    No, f@&king Michael Cain of nbn gave us a scare by misinterpreting Damien de bohuns comments in the 4pm presser. At this stage it looks very unlikely that stubbins will be coaching the new jets.

Everything I have seen points to him going, the FFA needs to engage with the community and they know that keeping stubbins would be a PR disaster. The PFA are going after Stubbins as well.

I can't see the FFA going anywhere near him and am pretty confident he won't be anywhere near the new club.

космонавт-исследователь boz-monaut's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by la bazzle View Post
    once they get rid of Stubbins, let's buy season tickets in that posho bit where we took your mum and dad that time

Thread title updated
    Subscribe to The Jetstream Podcast http://www.newcastlefootball.net/podcast

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by furns View Post
    Thread title updated
    Should change it back.

We will need it soon enough anyway when they do something stupid like tell Griff he isn't needed or give Bridges a 5 year playing deal after his comeback with the Jaffas forces him to shelve semi retirement ideas

parksey and gallaway's stillborn child la bazzle's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by boz-monaut View Post
    once they get rid of Stubbins, let's buy season tickets in that posho bit where we took your mum and dad that time
    In. Going to be a massive fan. Also will be good to look down on the plebs.

With the Jets now utilising LMRFF for training facility and the EJ's playing their games out of there it seems the perfect opportunity For the FFA to expand the facility and make a purpose built stadium on Lake Macquarie's home ground behind the centre. I know transport to and from would be an issue as well as parking but when you look at the ground it is situated next to training facilities and offices, a gym could be built within the construction of grandstands, it is already a single use ground and could be structured to incorporate the LMRFF via a tunnel through th hill to the facility.

This may be a dream but even the biggest of ideas had to start somewhere and with government support it may bring the Glendale transport interchange further forward in planning.

wont work... too far from the tenno

Quote Originally Posted by furns View Post
    Thread title updated
    it took me so long to think of that thread title.
    Thanks for nuthin pal.
    And I don't argue with FR. The bloke is a legend and deserves great praise for his contributions to football in the Hunter.
    He is also the second best poster on the entire Foz behind you
    Quote Originally Posted by parksey View Post
    sometimes there's more to life than just winning
    Quote Originally Posted by ForeverRed View Post
    What a deadset ****ing coward **** you are
    Seems like I am WRONG

Quote Originally Posted by Local Rules View Post
    With the Jets now utilising LMRFF for training facility and the EJ's playing their games out of there it seems the perfect opportunity For the FFA to expand the facility and make a purpose built stadium on Lake Macquarie's home ground behind the centre. I know transport to and from would be an issue as well as parking but when you look at the ground it is situated next to training facilities and offices, a gym could be built within the construction of grandstands, it is already a single use ground and could be structured to incorporate the LMRFF via a tunnel through th hill to the facility.

This may be a dream but even the biggest of ideas had to start somewhere and with government support it may bring the Glendale transport interchange further forward in planning.
    wouldbve much better off building the training complex behind broadmeadow maccas

This is to logical for any level of the Government departments required to make this happen.

A 12-14 thousand capacity ground tucked in their would be fantastic as for public transportation buses could meet trains at Cockle creek it wouldn't be that hard.
    Quote Originally Posted by #fixsmithpark View Post
    I'M GULLIBLE!

Quote Originally Posted by Retro Jet View Post
    Check yer emails members...David Gallop trotting out a statement. (5:35pm)
    Has gallop been on my post?

Quote Originally Posted by Premy View Post
    This is to logical for any level of the Government departments required to make this happen.

A 12-14 thousand capacity ground tucked in their would be fantastic as for public transportation buses could meet trains at Cockle creek it wouldn't be that hard.
    I like the two stadium model, but put the lower drawing matches (nix, glory, reds, roar) in at Number 2 (or whatever one got upgraded relatively recently), then the larger matches at Broadmeadow.

This is a fantastic post.
    Well in.

Jets Games should get played in smaller packed out stadiums! atmosphere would be huge! no better way to engage the community.
    Last edited by Opinionated; 22-05-2015 at 03:38 PM.