Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Is ok - double Eff-Aye can stay

"in the next few weeks, I will announce how the new Club will engage with the community, including a dedicated Member Forum. We will carefully listen to your views, and those of other important stakeholders." Gallop.
    What does this look like though? this has been talked about before.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Opinionated View Post
    Jets Games should get played in smaller packed out stadiums! atmosphere would be huge! no better way to engage the community.
    What???

We have a stadium in Newy which is far too big for either our or the Knights needs.

Our next best is 3-4k and inadequate facility wise.

I just can't see the government coughing for a 20k stadium when they can't find the money to finish putting seating on the goal ends at Hunter Stadium already

Our club can't fork out for a football specific stadium either so about as useful as worrying about how good the Jets would be if we signed Cr7 Ibra and Messi

Neither are happening

Quote Originally Posted by MFKS View Post
    What???

We have a stadium in Newy which is far too big for either our or the Knights needs.

Our next best is 3-4k and inadequate facility wise.

I just can't see the government coughing for a 20k stadium when they can't find the money to finish putting seating on the goal ends at Hunter Stadium already

Our club can't fork out for a football specific stadium either so about as useful as worrying about how good the Jets would be if we signed Cr7 Ibra and Messi

Neither are happening
    For me id rather stand shoulder shoulder with 4k excited fans then 10k awkward spaced a chair apart. atmosphere saddening and looking at the squadron actually makes me depressed.
    turn that 4k into a squadron and then head back to EAS.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Opinionated View Post
    For me id rather stand shoulder shoulder with 4k excited fans then 10k awkward spaced a chair apart. atmosphere saddening and looking at the squadron actually makes me depressed.
    turn that 4k into a squadron and then head back to EAS.
    Well the issue lies they made Hunter Stadium too big. The capacity should have been set at 25k fully redeveloped and that would have been adequate for both the Knights and Jets needs.

We are at 33k now and the ends ain't even done yet

Quote Originally Posted by MFKS View Post
    Well the issue lies they made Hunter Stadium too big. The capacity should have been set at 25k fully redeveloped and that would have been adequate for both the Knights and Jets needs.

We are at 33k now and the ends ain't even done yet
    having a big stadium is not a bad thing.. means we can be involved with asian cups etc etc.. but it terms of building a solid fan base we need to look at radical ideas at getting the excitement back into attending a jets game.

If we were always getting small crowds I would agree with moving, but it means our ambition is low. The capability is there.

We have had 20,000 plus before and I have little doubt one day it can happen again. We also need to stay at HS to keep it a multi-purpose stadium and get future government improvements, attract Socceroos/International matches and hopefully one day host a grand final.

20 years ago you would have been locked away for thinking any of that was possible - but in the last 10 years it has all happened except the GF hosting and that was only a couple of goals away.

Close the top decks until needed - getting rid of those forsaken hills is a priority though.

Ideally and I know that this is pipedream stuff but this is what i would love to see.

A 18,000 fully enclosed Football Stadium with rail-seats in the home/active end at National Park in the heart of Newcastle. Hunter Stadium would be upgraded to 40,000 with the the Southern hill seated and covered, leave the family hill as is and we would use that for finals only.

If we had 17,000 fully ticketed members so be it and 500 G.A 500 away allocation.

I know that it will never happen but one can dream.
    Quote Originally Posted by #fixsmithpark View Post
    I'M GULLIBLE!

and close to the tenno right?... aye?