2 2.82%
  • Clayton Zane

1 1.41%
  • Slobs

9 12.68%
Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 678

Thread: vote for 2015–16 manager for Newcastle Football Entity

Quote Originally Posted by Tommyjet View Post
    Kossie saying miller and I've heard elsewhere miller with jean Paul de marigny assistant.
    I would be happy with that

Quote Originally Posted by The Camel View Post
    I would be happy with that
    same

Just said on NBN news that the FFA are due to make a major announcement about the jets tomorrow. They suggested that it will be the coaching announcement.
    WE DON'T DO WALKING AWAY !

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by leftrightout View Post
    Just said on NBN news that the FFA are due to make a major announcement about the jets tomorrow. They suggested that it will be the coaching announcement.
    **** the coaching announcement.

I am hoping they have made a player signing.

Hope to hear the words "Newcastle Jets are pleased to welcome Joel Griffiths back to Newy"

Anything other than that or an announcement to say they have sacked Pascoe then they can get ****ed.

Nothing more I need to hear than those two things

Ok I am going to say that pretty much means Miller has the job - given he was over in the middle east and that would give him time to get back and be present for the unveiling
    Last edited by furns; 17-06-2015 at 10:41 PM.
    Subscribe to The Jetstream Podcast http://www.newcastlefootball.net/podcast

You'd imagine that, if miller is installed and mark jones thrown in there somewhere, we'd have to have one of the fittest squads in the league come opening round. Just think back to the first half of last season where we got to 60 min in and it was complete physical capitulation.

Quote Originally Posted by Tommyjet View Post
    You'd imagine that, if miller is installed and mark jones thrown in there somewhere, we'd have to have one of the fittest squads in the league come opening round. Just think back to the first half of last season where we got to 60 min in and it was complete physical capitulation.
    Straight swap of Jones for Pascoe and It's Happy Days for everyone and I suppose Griff just to keep old Member happy!!!

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by stopper2 View Post
    Straight swap of Jones for Pascoe and It's Happy Days for everyone and I suppose Griff just to keep old Member happy!!!
    Griff comes back and I won't be the only one happy.

Newy will rejoice.

Two goals at the moment.

Return Griff to his throne
    Remove Pascoe

Quote Originally Posted by MFKS View Post
    Griff comes back and I won't be the only one happy.

Newy will rejoice.

Two goals at the moment.

Return Griff to his throne
    Remove Pascoe
    I would love Griff to come back so that he can be a part of our resurgence as a club and to get the send-off he so rightly deserves but big question is how will his knee hold up after the operation?

I would love Griff to come back so that he can be a part of our resurgence as a club and to get the send-off he so rightly deserves but big question is how will his knee hold up after the operation?
    That'll be up to new coach and medical team.

Griff's experience will be much needed if his legs are up to it. I love the man but we can't just have him back as a token gesture to some of the fans and so he gets his rightful send off.

In saying that, he'll more than likely recover ahead of schedule, offer to play for free, get fit as f$&k if his fav assistant coach jones is involved and then proceed to score the winner in all of our derby games next season.

Banned
    NEVER right off a Champion

FB suggesting Miller

Banned
    FORMER Fulham assistant Scott Miller will be announced as coach of the Newcastle Jets on Thursday.

The 33-year-old Australian and championship-winning Melbourne Victory assistant coach John-Paul de Marigny will be unveiled by Football Federation Australia at a noon press conference at Hunter Stadium.

De Marigny will be the senior assistant coach.

Both have signed two-year contracts.

Are you happy with the Jets' coaching appointment?

Yes
    No

VoteView Results

The Newcastle Herald understands that home-grown coaches Mark Jones and Clayton Zane are being considered for positions on the support staff.

Miller, at 33, will become the youngest head coach in the history of the A-League.

He has a UEFA Alicence as well as sports science and psychology degrees and was head coach of the under-21 side at Fulham, where former Jets golden boot Adam Taggart now plays.

Miller joined the Premier League and now Championship club in 2007 and was a member of Ange Postecoglou’s backroom staff at the Socceroos in 2013.

Postecoglou headed the FFA coaching panel in charge of appointing the new Jets coach.

Initially a strength and conditioning coach, Miller has filled a variety of roles at Craven Cottage and has worked under current England boss Roy Hodgson, Mark Hughes, Martin Jol, Rene Muelensteen and Felix Magath.

De Marigny, 51, returns for a second stint in Newcastle.

He coached the Jets for their inaugural game, a World Club Challenge qualifier against Central Coast, before assisting Englishman Richard Money in the maiden season of the A-League.

De Marigny joined Victory in 2013 as an assistant for Kevin Muscat’s first season in charge.

He spent two years in the Victorian capital and was instrumental in the Victory’s 2014-15 championship success.

The Jets have been without a coach since Phil Stubbins was let go after Football Federation Australia took over the club from Nathan Tinkler last month.

Fox Sports analyst Mark Rudan and former Socceroos striker Damian Mori had been linked to the position.

The Jets assemble for pre-season training on Monday and have 13 senior players on the roster.

Miller and De Marigny are expected to join Jets chief executive Mitchell Murphy and A-League boss Damien De Bohun at a members forum at Newcastle Panthers on Thursday night.

The forum follows a meeting of business leaders last week.

‘‘The No.1 emphasis of the forum is for us is to listen, not preach,’’ Murphy said.

‘‘We want to hear what they’ve got to say and answer the members’ questions.

‘‘We want to engage in conversation on a variety of topics that we expect to come up, and do a lot of listening.

‘‘At the end of the day this is a new beginning for the club and it’s a wonderful opportunity to set the right foundation.

‘‘The backbone of the club is the membership base.

‘‘It’s going to be an easier journey with them totally engaged and feeling like they’re an integral part of what our future plans are.’’
    Jimmy Gardiner all over it now

Quote Originally Posted by MFKS View Post
    Jimmy Gardiner all over it now
    Finally! A young bloke who knows his stuff and has respect for the players. Pretty stoked on Jean-Paul as well. Hopefully Clacka gets a gig in the setup too.

It'll be a welcome back to JPDM, the coach of our first ever competitive match.
    Quote Originally Posted by Grimario View Post
    Great. He's gone from Liaoning Whowin to Newcastle Wholose.
    The Championship Chronicles - The Jetstream's review of the 2007/08 season. www.newcastlefootball.net/chronicles

Like the sound of it all. Especially happy to see jp in there as a guiding influence

Only one thing on my mind...IT'S NOT STUBBINS!!!! I'm so happy right now.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jeterpool View Post
    I do it just for you. My goal in life is to have a quote in someone's signature.

So apparently we were all wrong.
    Switch to the Miller thread
    Subscribe to The Jetstream Podcast http://www.newcastlefootball.net/podcast