Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Our new club - what do we want?

Our new club - what do we want?

A new thread - I hope to promote to the wider fanbase for SERIOUS and GENUINE discussion about what we want the club to look like into the future.

Structure, Values, Playing style, fan and finacial interactions etc etc

Im going to encourage club admin to view it, and will presenting a summary at the next sub-committee meeting.

Usual forum rules apply - but lets all actually follow them!

- broad ownership base, involving community business and supporter community.
    - i don't much buy the "each team needs a playing style", however a culture when we play is important. Never surrender basically.
    - enough of he bullshit prematch noise.
    - weekly open, and encourage to attend training sessions before games.
    - regular open supporter forums.
    Go jetties

Banned
    Death to the red and blue colours
    Griffo back

Close thread

Treat your fans/members/customers like assets instead of an inconvenience.

1. Greater connection between the three teams in HAL, Youth and Womens
    2. Better relationships with clubs within NNSWFF - Have an ambassador to each club or group of clubs where they are involved with training, game days etc
    3. Entertainment value at the game - people paying money want to be entertained. While it is good to have the SSG at half time you need something to draw the crowd and excite them at half time. If we could get the sponsors on board a car giveaway at end of the year for a competition to shoot from various spots on the field.
    4. Player availability to the masses after the game for autographs etc rather then just walk off.
    5. Local juniors being involved

Quote Originally Posted by Local Rules View Post
    3. Entertainment value at the game - people paying money want to be entertained. While it is good to have the SSG at half time you need something to draw the crowd and excite them at half time. If we could get the sponsors on board a car giveaway at end of the year for a competition to shoot from various spots on the field.
    all of your points have been disussed this one inparticular is being investigated.
    Can i give your contact details to the sub-committee member developing this idea?

I know it's pretty basic, but for a game day fan engagement strategy, why not do what they did back in the old Breakers days, with a half time penalty shootout?

A cross promotion with the Herald. Fill out the coupon, put it in the barrel on game day. Name gets drawn, 2-3 to go up against the youth keeper. Winner goes through to semi finals etc, culminating with a final on last home game.

Winner gets a significant prize (a car? Holiday? Free membership next year?)

Just a thought

Quote Originally Posted by GazFish35 View Post
    all of your points have been disussed this one inparticular is being investigated.
    Can i give your contact details to the sub-committee member developing this idea?
    Yes that is fine

Banned
    Not wishing to knock these HT ideas but is this really important for keeping people happy??

Quite frankly HT as far as I am concerned is time for a Piss, time for a bunger, time for restocking your beverages and having a chat to some people.

I couldn't tell you what happens at HT as I have other things to do and would rather be doing

Quote Originally Posted by northern_swan View Post
    I know it's pretty basic, but for a game day fan engagement strategy, why not do what they did back in the old Breakers days, with a half time penalty shootout?

A cross promotion with the Herald. Fill out the coupon, put it in the barrel on game day. Name gets drawn, 2-3 to go up against the youth keeper. Winner goes through to semi finals etc, culminating with a final on last home game.

Winner gets a significant prize (a car? Holiday? Free membership next year?)

Just a thought
    Great idea!

Please see Gaz's post above. The sub-committee is discussing this but please bring it up as it supports the fans desire for such a thing.
    Quote Originally Posted by Grimario View Post
    Great. He's gone from Liaoning Whowin to Newcastle Wholose.
    The Championship Chronicles - The Jetstream's review of the 2007/08 season. www.newcastlefootball.net/chronicles

* Dispose of red and blue - no matter what anyone else says the football club needs its own identity.
    * True community engagement including star players going to schools, not just the squaddies.
    * Improve the matchday experience - too much noise and too many things happening at once to enjoy it now. Kill the onfield announcer who drowns out the RBB let alone our boys.
    * Re-engage, review and improve active support.
    * Youth/ladies matches as curtain raisers at least a few times in the season - raises their profile and encourages people to come earlier.
    * Have a true after match gathering place for all like Con used to have - some great times going back to Adamstown.
    * Have more of our better trials at local venues rather than travelling elsewhere all the time.
    * Increased promotion in the media as it was a few years back - and put more emotion into promoting the derbies.
    * Stop being nannies and sell proper beer - this is not a thugby demographic.

Quote Originally Posted by Jetmaster View Post
    * Dispose of red and blue - no matter what anyone else says the football club needs its own identity.
    * True community engagement including star players going to schools, not just the squaddies.
    * Improve the matchday experience - too much noise and too many things happening at once to enjoy it now. Kill the onfield announcer who drowns out the RBB let alone our boys.
    * Youth/ladies matches as curtain raisers at least a few times in the season - raises their profile and encourages people to come earlier.
    * Have a true after match gathering place for all like Con used to have - some great times going back to Adamstown.
    * Have more of our better trials at local venues rather than travelling elsewhere all the time.
    * Increased promotion in the media as it was a few years back - and put more emotion into promoting the derbies.
    Jetmaster, I can comment on the bolded item.

We discussed this in the sub-committee meeting #1 and #2. There are some logistical issues with this, however the discussion landed on engaging a local ground to determine if a pre-game match involving youth or ladies could be held there and then people walk over afterwards to the main game. This was for trial in the 15/16 season. We'll be bringing it up again.

However, I again encourage people to bring it up. It's helps add weight to our disucssions.
    The Championship Chronicles - The Jetstream's review of the 2007/08 season. www.newcastlefootball.net/chronicles

parksey and gallaway's stillborn child la bazzle's Avatar
    - Bring in blokes that can connect with the plebs. There is no connection with the current bunch of flogs and the fans. Who are these blokes? Its harder to hate you when your shit if we know you're good blokes and not all a bunch of Daniel Mullens.

-I would love to come watch a youth game/W league game before kick off. All Sat & Sun game should have something on before hand.

-Song sheets to a few songs included in the members pack. Get some neutrals involved in the noise, if you can't get everyone to the squadron try to bring the squadron to everyone else. (i know this will annoy plenty of people, i'm cool with that)

-free tickets for youth teams every game, either pick a club or make it a lottery. Start searching for future members now.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jeterpool View Post
    I do it just for you. My goal in life is to have a quote in someone's signature.

Quote Originally Posted by Frodo View Post
    -I would love to come watch a youth game/W league game before kick off. All Sat & Sun game should have something on before hand.

-Song sheets to a few songs included in the members pack. Get some neutrals involved in the noise, if you can't get everyone to the squadron try to bring the squadron to everyone else. (i know this will annoy plenty of people, i'm cool with that)

-free tickets for youth teams every game, either pick a club or make it a lottery. Start searching for future members now.
    GazFish, Furns - this

I've mentioned this in other thread also.
    Great idea.
    Pick a bunch of local clubs for each home game. Get their player numbers and give everyone a free ticket.
    Engage the people that play the game.
    Hook em for life.
    It like there's not 10-15k spare seats at every home game.

Get rid of red/blue and reinstate gold.

Always hire managers who are courageous enough to always push for a win, not be happy for a draw or minor loss at home. Having a manager who is willing to not settle for anything less than a win will be excitement to games, and make games more exciting.
    Middleby Gone

Lawrie Out

космонавт-исследователь boz-monaut's Avatar
    + green/brown home, gold away
    + Joel Griffiths
    + new, simple name, e.g. United
    + community involvement
    + win a game every now and then

Quote Originally Posted by Jetmaster View Post
    Shelving youth matches from the pre-game line up definitely reduced the game day experience IMO

spot on